Should Seahawks trade Wagner to Patriots?

pinksheets

Reaction score
Trading Wagner sounds like a savvy Pats move, not trading for him with that contract.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Linebacker is a pretty easy position to replace... I’d do it only if the corespondent move is cutting Cody Barton.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mizak":3eejd7mn said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1371547699686862854

Look at all those cheap LBs the Patriots have.

Why would they trade for Wagner with all those cheap LB's and spend 8 million plus on one guy?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Throwdown":39463h6p said:
Linebacker is a pretty easy position to replace... I’d do it only if the corespondent move is cutting Cody Barton.

Yeah you are right. Only one of two players to average so many tackles a year spanning many years, but yeah...easy to replace.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Depends on the compensation. It'd have to total up to the value of a mid first (18th or better). Otherwise, he's of more value on the field here. Need to have a good chance at another blue-chip guy.

Would probably piss the locker room off pretty badly, plus you're losing one of the leagues best linebackers... the compensation is gonna have to be premium for the trade to be worth it, and I don't think any team would give up that much.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Why would the Patriots want an expensive dude at the end of his career when they are a rebuilding mess right now?

balakoth

Reaction score
30 is the end of his career... as a LB? ROFL oh jesus

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
John63":1azyj4nr said:
No He should retire a Hawk

You think we should keep despite having to pay him a lot and his play declining? Please defend your point.

Fade

Reaction score
I'd normally say keep him, but the Seahawks are down so many picks it would be wise to trade him for a day 2 pick if they can get it. Save some cap space and the Jordyn Brooks era can begin in earnest.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":27vrowya said:
John63":27vrowya said:
No He should retire a Hawk

You think we should keep despite having to pay him a lot and his play declining? Please defend your point.

Where is his play declining? Defend your point! Let's see if you can name the only thing he can get better at because it's the same thing he has lacked his whole career and something most linebackers never do?

Own The West

Reaction score
The Patriots are loaded at LB, so they won't be trading for Wagner.

Next year would be the year to trade or cut him. $20M cap hit vs. $3.75M dead money.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1ois0vi0 said:
Depends on the compensation. It'd have to total up to the value of a mid first (18th or better). Otherwise, he's of more value on the field here. Need to have a good chance at another blue-chip guy.

Would probably piss the locker room off pretty badly, plus you're losing one of the leagues best linebackers... the compensation is gonna have to be premium for the trade to be worth it, and I don't think any team would give up that much.

Using the Fanspeak Ultimate GM simulator, where you can now...trade players for draft picks, the best I could get for Wagz was...a early third and late 5th. I did better trading Tre Flowers and our 6th rd pick....1st in third & late 4th

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Considering we don't know if KJ is coming back I'd rather restructure Bobby's contract to give us some cap room, rather than trade him.

As good as he's been, I doubt any team would want to take on the last two years of his deal without also restructuring. So why don't we just do that so we only have to replace one LB spot, and not two.

IMO Brooks is the long term plan at MLB, but if both Bobby and KJ are gone, then the WIL and SAM spots are vacant......and you're sure as heck not finding two starting LB's with only four draft picks.

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":1zq3wmqk said:
I'd normally say keep him, but the Seahawks are down so many picks it would be wise to trade him for a day 2 pick if they can get it. Save some cap space and the Jordyn Brooks era can begin in earnest.
Although my heart wants to keep him, my brain agrees with Fade, trading him now makes so much sense,

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":uoydy975 said:
Maelstrom787":uoydy975 said:

Using the Fanspeak Ultimate GM simulator, where you can now...trade players for draft picks, the best I could get for Wagz was...a early third and late 5th. I did better trading Tre Flowers and our 6th rd pick....1st in third & late 4th
Really? Tre Flowers has high trade value then Bobby? Not doubting you but just couldn't wrap arms around that idea.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Latest posts