Russ not going to Chicago.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They tried. Seattle held firm that they're not trading him.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1371937841895272451[/tweet]

OP
OP
WmHBonney

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Neither did I. But this makes me laugh. Just watched reporters on NFL Network and you would think that their dog just died.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Well, Nagy and Pace are gone after/during this season. Something for Bears fans to be happy about I suppose.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
TBH, good news for the team and for Russ. Chicago didn't have great assets, and Russ would have had a lesser supporting cast there.

James in PA

Reaction score
Geez, imagine being a Bears fan. One minute you think Russell Wilson is going to be your starting QB. Then you find out they sign “The Red Ryder” BB Gun instead. Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He never was imo.
The best part of this is going to be watching the Media, who clearly have WANTED Russ to be traded, being all sad about it. Hilarious. But hey, you tried your best to make stuff up for clicks, and it worked for you I guess...….

Rat

Reaction score
Do people really think the national media cares enough about the Seahawks to flat-out fabricate stories that could be easily refuted? At most, it was probably exaggerated as it sifted through the channels, which has been happening since whenever the spoken word was first invented. I'm fairly certain there's no room of journalists laughing maniacally about how they tricked a gullible public into believing this story.

It's funny how one minute, they ignore us because of "east coast bias". The next minute they're conspiring against us for clicks. Aren't we "South Alaska"?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rat":1j0lnez9 said:
Do people really think the national media cares enough about the Seahawks to flat-out fabricate stories that could be easily refuted? At most, it was probably exaggerated as it sifted through the channels, which has been happening since whenever the spoken word was first invented. I'm fairly certain there's no room of journalists laughing maniacally about how they tricked a gullible public into believing this story.

It's funny how one minute, they ignore us because of "east coast bias". The next minute they're conspiring against us for clicks. Aren't we "South Alaska"?

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Outright lies? No. Sensationalized predictions being reported a bit more matter-of-factly than they should have been, like Michael Silver's stuff? Yeah.

Also, regarding the small market claim... keep in mind, this also involved Chicago. Regardless, though - Russ is an icon, he brings headlines no matter what.

Reaction score
Given all the other nonsense we've had to read and hear the past month or so, I wouldn't put it past the media to push a Dalton for Wilson rumour.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1ujfbpy1 said:
Neither did I. But this makes me laugh. Just watched reporters on NFL Network and you would think that their dog just died.

because they feel bad russell wilson is stuck with pete carroll for right now. the bears and wilson deserve better.

xray

Reaction score
Now the Hawks have an unhappy QB , a stubborn old HC stuck in the 90's, and a locker room that doesn't trust either one . Should be an awesome season .

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tinamedina":2mb2707o said:
WmHBonney":2mb2707o said:

because they feel bad russell wilson is stuck with pete carroll for right now. the bears and wilson deserve better.

Then go to a Bears forum?

The Bears are a product of their own bad decisions.