Which position is our weakest ?

Chawker

Reaction score
Offense ?

Defense ?

Its hard for me to tell without watching them first hand. The media still seams to think we need to bring a veteran CB, I still believe at some point our RBs are going need a better number two RB behind Carson.

Then there is our young LBing core, how are the two young outside LBers going to perform?

Time is draging by to slowly this off seasom !!! :roll:

Cheers

Own The West

Reaction score
Three weeks until training camp! Hang in there!

That said, I don't know what position will be our weakest. We seem to have depth everywhere for a change.

I'll pick CB and LB though, just because I don't know who our week 1 starters will be yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have vets at CB, just not guys that are superstars, they are mostly young and some high picks, not really worried there, I never listen to the Mediots either, they only know household name players mostly for click bait.

RB we have depth in Collins and Penny and then 3rd down guys typically also, I think the RB's are going to be used more in delays and slants runs this year with WR clear outs also to take advantage of the speed of everyone not named Collins.

If there is a position I think it is LB, depth and experience being the issues.

toffee

Reaction score
You guys should listen to our HOF All pro QB, he wisely announced he has no confidence in our coaching shortly after the hiring of our new OC.

Coaching, is our weakest link.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OK, right for sure?

Hearty Whatever toffee? What was the record last season? Who won the Division? How has the coaching record been over the past decade? Many league experts would disagree.

Your biases are showing.

Back to the original premise of the thread. My view is Center, 3 Tech ( as ever), and CB are the weak links. CB may not be a problem at all but Pocic is still Pocic and the interior DLine w/o Reid is suspect.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I agree with center and DT being the weakest positions currently. During the SB runs, the Seahawks had a solid center- Max Unger. Since they traded him, that position has been a weak. DT was suspect with Reed. If they could add Atkins or Short, then they can turn that position into a strength. After that the LB looks weak. Barton and Burr-Kirven are good ST players but neither are consistent playing LB. The rest are largely unproven.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SAM is a question mark with potential. I think Darrell Taylor has what it takes and Mayowa has played the spot before, but you just don't know until you know.

I'd have to go with cornerback. DJ Reed and Ahkello Witherspoon is a duo that has the talent to be one of the best in the league, but Ahkello has been inconsistent and DJ Reed is a good starter, but the position has little quality depth.

IDL has a real chance to take a step back with Reed gone. His sack numbers were overrated. His true value came with his leadership on the line and how he opened things up for the guys around him. If the void he's left is apparent, it could be a huge loss.

Other than that, I'm high on this roster. If CB and SAM end up producing solid play, and IDL survives sans Reed, this team has everything it takes to go deep in the postseason.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
QB - Wilson has been proven to be super durable thus far, but all it takes is one stoke of bad luck and Geno enters the game. This scares the crap out of me because I don’t believe Geno can win a game for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

massari

Reaction score
3T Nkemdiche / Myles Adams / Cedrick Lattimore
CB Witherspoon / Flowers / Desir
CB DJ Reed / Brown
SAM/LEO Taylor

Need these guys to step up, and hopefully Pocic improves his run blocking.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Pocic was playing next to a lam duck Upoti, now we will see what he can do with Jackson by his side.I think he will shine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1hvuhiaw said:
Defensive Tackle seems to have the least star power amd depth

Myles Adams 67 DT

Poona Ford 97 DT

Jarrod Hewitt 62 DT Rookie

Cedrick Lattimore 75 DT

Bryan Mone 90 DT

Robert Nkemdiche 92 DT

Walter Palmore 64 DT

Al Woods 93 DT

Ford, Woods, Mone, Nkemdiche all have played well in their careers, Nkemdiche could be a wrecking ball if his head is on straight, depth of Lattimore who played and the rest are unknowns so far, but we do flip our DE's inside also in Collier and Hyder, Green and Dunlap situationally as well, just remember if you are bringing in NAME guys they probably are injured, at the end of their careers or cost too much.

Nobody knew Reggie White, Jerome Brown, John Randall, Joe Nash until they made people take notice.

So big name guys is really a way of saying I don't know shit about who we have for most people unless I know the name.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CB for me. We've got some good young aggressive CB's competing for the two starting jobs, but our most experienced CB right now is DJ Reed, and behind him the ever under achieving Tre Flowers.

So that scares me.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":161l59bj said:
Wenhawk":161l59bj said:
Defensive Tackle seems to have the least star power amd depth

Myles Adams 67 DT

Poona Ford 97 DT

Cedrick Lattimore 75 DT

Bryan Mone 90 DT

Robert Nkemdiche 92 DT

Walter Palmore 64 DT

Al Woods 93 DT

Ford, Woods, Mone, Nkemdiche all have played well in their careers, Nkemdiche could be a wrecking ball if his head is on straight, depth of Lattimore who played and the rest are unknowns so far, but we do flip our DE's inside also in Collier and Hyder, Green and Dunlap situationally as well, just remember if you are bringing in NAME guys they probably are injured, at the end of their careers or cost too much.

Nobody knew Reggie White, Jerome Brown, John Randall, Joe Nash until they made people take notice.

So big name guys is really a way of saying I don't know $h!t about who we have for most people unless I know the name.

Star:
N/A

Good Starter:
Poona Ford 97 DT

Average Starter:
Al Woods 93 DT
Bryan Mone 90 DT
Robert Nkemdiche 92 DT

Backup:
Myles Adams 67 DT
Cedrick Lattimore 75 DT
Walter Palmore 64 DT

massari

Reaction score
chris98251":1sbhpiry said:
That could be fixed signing KJ (2.5m) and Irvin (1.5m).

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
massari":1u1n736q said:
chris98251":1u1n736q said:
That could be fixed signing KJ (2.5m) and Irvin (1.5m).

Irvin retired

hawker84

Reaction score
toffee":2om1b0w2 said:
You guys should listen to our HOF All pro QB, he wisely announced he has no confidence in our coaching shortly after the hiring of our new OC.

Coaching, is our weakest link.

Yep.