Cliff Avril. On with Wyman and Groz

hawxfreak

Reaction score
thx for posting
i'll podcast this tomorrow at work , I work for myself and my boss is a jerk but he loves the hawx lol
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

massari

Reaction score
It's a long interview. Cliff notes would be appreciated.

Why does he believe the current Seahawks defensive line has a chance to be as good as the line that was part of the team's Super Bowl appearances?

Jville

Reaction score
Enjoyable interview. Thanks for posting the Cliff Avril interview.

Good to hear his review of the importance of active feet as the foundation for athletes and pass rushers. That's not talked about enough on the forum in my opinion. It's among the big reasons so many rely on so called analytical sites for rankings in the absence of fan understanding.

Targeting the elbow for sack fumbles produced half of his fumbles in his estimate. With as little time as pass rushers have to work with in today's game, its a superior technique to sack tackles. Another distinction generally ignored by fans and fan forums.

The 2021 defensive line depth reminds Cliff of the Super Bowl year. Paraphrasing ..... lots of diversity to rotate in and out of the lineup and keep everyone fresh to maintain aggressiveness .... and I would add maintain desirable match ups.

He had more to say. But that should be reserved for those who take the time to listen.

Always enjoy Cliff Avril :2thumbs: