Week 1 :The running game.

Chawker

Reaction score
Carson vs Taylor

This is a great match up going in to week one, whom ever is committed to moving the ball down the field will have to be committed to running the ball. Yes, both will pass it but, running the ball is a way of declaring your dominants or imposing your will upon the other. Time of possession and the team that can continuously moves the chains. Two offense and two defenses, and the coach that can mix the run and pass togather.

This game will tell the tale of our first half of our season.

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how Waldon uses Carson this year.

I assume less workload if one or two of the other RB's can be productive and dependable, but also hopefully used more dynamically?

We've seen now that Carson is actually a great pass catcher out of the backfield, in fact I'd say it's one of his strengths. So I hope to see more screens, flat passes, quick shallow crosses and even him lining up inside and out.

toffee

Reaction score
Chawker":2jjz2r9j said:
Carson vs Taylor

This is a great match up going in to week one, whom ever is committed to moving the ball down the field will have to be committed to running the ball. Yes, both will pass it but, running the ball is a way of declaring your dominants or imposing your will upon the other. Time of possession and the team that can continuously moves the chains. Two offense and two defenses, and the coach that can mix the run and pass togather.

some might accuse you for sounding like Pete :)

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
toffee":1772z426 said:
Chawker":1772z426 said:
Carson vs Taylor

some might accuse you for sounding like Pete :)

Schooled Padawan well, I have !

ivotuk

Reaction score
Chawker":16nvp4a1 said:
Carson vs Taylor

iro would have a field day with this post. Either that, or his head would explode. An extra period and comma in there would help too. :p

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
ivotuk":qlpso2u7 said:
Chawker":qlpso2u7 said:
Carson vs Taylor

iro would have a field day with this post. Either that, or his head would explode. An extra period and comma in there would help too. :p

I'll,... Do. That, some. More ? And , you. Can,... Continue, your. B i t c h persnikering just (|) like, a. Nazi. K? Oosps ! Sorry. I ,did. a ? no no. My bad. :34853_doh:

toffee

Reaction score
Chawker":3gz8m8z6 said:
ivotuk":3gz8m8z6 said:
Chawker":3gz8m8z6 said:
Carson vs Taylor

I'll,... Do. That, some. More ? And , you. Can,... Continue, your. B i t c h persnikering just (|) like, a. naz**. K? Oosps ! Sorry. I ,did. a ? no no. My bad. :34853_doh:

hahaha, master piece.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Stopping Taylor should be our number one priority in week one. He is a dangerous runner that can do it all. Inside, outside, receiving, draws, sweeps and, is a very tuff runner. If we can shut him down, we'll win, if not, it'll be a very tuff battle.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Chawker":2md9zf3z said:
Stopping Taylor should be our number one priority in week one. He is a dangerous runner that can do it all. Inside, outside, receiving, draws, sweeps and, is a very tuff runner. If we can shut him down, we'll win, if not, it'll be a very tuff battle.
Poona Time.

xray

Reaction score
Both D's will try to take away the run game and put the pressure on the QB's . The best OL wins this game . IMO

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
xray":1x7wydrw said:
Both D's will try to take away the run game and put the pressure on the QB's . The best OL wins this game . IMO

better.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. When comparing two choices, the word describing the two must end in -er. Again, apologies. Not personal.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1bi5zf42 said:
xray":1bi5zf42 said:

better.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. When comparing two choices, the word describing the two must end in -er. Again, apologies. Not personal.

Accurate statement, OAGS. Superlatives can only be used when three or more options are compared. I frequently misuse it, so I appreciate the reminder.

So, the running game ended up with 140 yards rushing. I'd say the running game looked strong.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
It was a typical day. Carson ran hard and knocked people backward. Penney got hurt again.