Russell Wilson 78% Completion 4 TD 0 INT

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
4 Touchdowns, 5 incomplete passes. A few of them were throwing them to the turf to avoid forcing something.
I doubt I'm the only one that was very happy with what we not only saw from Russ, but from the offense in general. For once, we saw play calling that wasn't extremely predictable.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Game manager at best.

He relied on the run game and a dominant defense. 4 dink and dunk touchdowns with incredible run after catch yards does not a great QB make.

He almost got Eskirdge and Lockett killed, held onto the ball too long (3 sacks), can’t see open receivers (hence the 5 incompletions) and is married to a domineering, attention seeking she wolf.

We should have traded him in the off season for a first rounder and a pile of cash. I like cash! Now we are stuck with his poor decision making and huge ego for another season.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
A win : sunshine pumpers mock and complain about the CRITICS
A loss: critics mock and complain about the TEAM.

Funny how that is but so goes .net.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sunshine pumpers. Solid :irishdrinkers:
and yes, I am very much one of the positive fans. Oh the horror :lol:

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3rglpd47 said:

What is also funny is your word choice. “sunshine pumpers” (clearly condescending) and “CRITICS” (bolded for emphasis) could have easily been substituted with “Fans and Trolls”, “Loyal Seahawks fans and Debbie Downers”, or “Optimistic fans and those desperate to find fault”.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just figured your post was total sarcasm. The dink and dunk touchdown thing was pretty funny.
I will never understand the doom and gloom outlook. Ever. And that's fine. I just find it more hilarious that it seems to bother people so much when someone is actually positive about a win, a player or the team.
Think about that for a second, actually getting MAD that someone else is HAPPY. Very odd.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xt3x11f said:
I just figured your post was total sarcasm. The dink and dunk touchdown thing was pretty funny.
I will never understand the doom and gloom outlook. Ever. And that's fine. I just find it more hilarious that it seems to bother people so much when someone is actually positive about a win, a player or the team.
Think about that for a second, actually getting MAD that someone else is HAPPY. Very odd.

You figured correctly.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Russ does "manage" to win a shitload of games. :twisted:

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":w23vl490 said:
Game manager at best.

He relied on the run game and a dominant defense. 4 dink and dunk touchdowns with incredible run after catch yards does not a great QB make.

He almost got Eskirdge and Lockett killed, held onto the ball too long (3 sacks), can’t see open receivers (hence the 5 incompletions) and is married to a domineering, attention seeking she wolf.

We should have traded him in the off season for a first rounder and a pile of cash. I like cash! Now we are stuck with his poor decision making and huge ego for another season.

Oh yes...the worst part was that we didnt get to see Russ's 4th quarter heroics. Just sayin!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And we didn't get to see them with a nice lead going in to the 4th quarter, only to see a comeback in garbage time.

Borrrring :snack:

chris98251

Reaction score
He will never make the Hall of Fame with this offense, getting leads to start the game and no Come from behind victories will not get him the attention he needs to get in.

Pity........................

:p

Greenhell

Reaction score
This is almost par for the course when it comes to Russ at the start of every season. The real test is if he can keep it up through the middle of the season where he usually hits a slump/wall.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3n2a8x63 said:

Then there's always the poster that looks down their nose at other posters, and neglects to comment on the team or the game, let alone the original intent of the thread.

Don't worry about what others are doing. Post your thoughts on the team...if you dare! Bwahahahaha!! :327321_Spy_23.22:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Russ was so sharp. And it didn't look . . . as hard as it usually does, you know?

I need to not take performances like this for granted. He was stellar. And there did seem to be a few new wrinkles that use the width of the field (the TD to Everett, namely), though the offense didn't feel wholesale different.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Sunday was the 11th time Russ has had 4 td and zero int. Setting the record for most such games in the first 10 years passing Manning and Brady. Once again Russ etching his name into the record books. 36 more td’s and he will pass Manning for most TD in first 10.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The best efficiency passing game metric is AY/A (adjusted yards per attempt). Good is 7.0, great is 8.0, and outstanding is 9.0+. It isn't only about the QB but the QB is the biggest contributor. Last year Rodgers dominated the MVP voting with a phenomenal 9.6 AY/A on the season.

Week 1 Seahawks offense had a 14.6 AY/A. Week 1 Packers offense had a 1.5 AY/A.

Latest posts