18 passes to seven different receivers

HagFaithful

Reaction score
This is my favorite stat. Who you going to cover? We got weapons galore.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dayum. That's a hell of a stat. Everyone getting involved, movement, not predictable, a good running game, two all world WR's, a HOF bound QB? They are just scratching the surface. Will they have some clunkers, absolutely. But, I can't imagine being anything but stoked about the direction of this offense.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I really didn't expect the O to click this quick without anything but practice in the preseason (and not even all that much of that compared to years ago). I am looking forward to seeing them get it even better and add some of the plays that one of them mentioned post-game weren't ran. I gotta say, it was nice that I didn't always know what exact play was coming from the time they first lined up. I think that was Scheissenhammer's main problem, everything was readable and predictable. If I know what's coming, I don't know why every single person on every single D we played against wouldn't also have known!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, figured they would be sloppy like many teams can be early season. Plus, with a new coordinator etc.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Thanks for the stat!

I'll take that - it's awesome.

Balanced, new and unpredictable offense clicking from the start of the season with almost no playing time?!

Somebody wake up the Owl. We're comin' ;)

Well, after a few tweaks on defense ;)

:0190l:

nanomoz

Reaction score
It was so nice to see tight ends properly utilized for the first time in ages.

sutz

Reaction score
It helps that our receiver group is not stocked with a bunch of diva "throw me the damn ball" types. :mrgreen:

Really, everybody seems to have that team attitude and are confident that if they run their routes well and get open, Russ will find them. They all contribute with blocking and don't seem to mind getting sent out on decoy routes. The offensive system also seems to work well at 'scheming' people open, by using tendencies and trends to influence the defense into breaking coverages. I remember that one second half play where DK was open along the sideline with nobody within 5 yards of him. They had been doubling him and rotating into him all first half, and the OC dialed up a play to counter that.

Everett and Dissly seem to have similar skillsets and attitudes, too. Looks like they'll be a force going forward. I sure hope Diss can stay healthy for a full season.

mikeak

Reaction score
Let's see

After the DK TD you clearly hear RW say "I see you, I see you" loudly to DK

Hope that was just RW doing that and no chatting from DK about not getting the ball