DE- Collier

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With Collier being inactive in this first game against the Colts is he a player that could be at risk of being traded by the team?

ivotuk

Reaction score
No. I think everyone is over reacting to him being inactive. The Defensive Line is loaded, and for all we know, he could have some minor injury.

Let's not forget, he won us the game last year VS the Patriots. I don't know why everyone expects a late round first to be a Pro Bowler. He's good enough.

I'm not a fan of the pick, just like I wasn't a fan of the Rashad Penny pick, but they're both pretty good players. Nothing special, but good players. It makes no sense for people to keep hollering "Bust."

Per John Clayton, and many others knowledgeable about the NFL draft, players evaluated as 1st round talent dissipate after pick #15. That's why John always tries to trade out of the 1st. You get more value that way.

I'm not happy about the lack of playing time, but you can't hit on every player. People wanted to gripe about Jordyn Brooks and Darrell Taylor. Let's not rush in to things.

We've got plenty of good to great players that Pete and John have drafted and signed. Let's not fret about the guys that aren't working out. Every team has bad picks. AND every running back misses games.

Jville

Reaction score
I don't think Collier at risk of being traded. There is no pressing or immediate need.

The wealth of their depth is found in the diversity among their defensive linemen and the advantageous match ups that can be put on the field of play.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The reason I ask is the team would appear presently to have DE depth that is surplus to need. Accordingly, someone in the rotation could provide JS with a trade chip for a C or a CB or a young DT. Perhaps I’m just speculating but the guys needed to be there on the roster might be the two younger guys and Collier might be the odd man out. He is more expensive than the others.

I don’t think he’s a bust at all but was picked a bit earlier than he probably should have been but the team had a critical need.

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":wgi2sm5w said:
Is Collier playing to day?

Inactive lists are due out one hour before kickoff.

So ...... we will all find out at or just after high noon.

PNW

Reaction score
Collier a healthy scratch for the second time in three games, the coaches must not think highly of him, seems like a busted pick at this point.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Who was the guy that said he was going to ball out this year? I need to find that post.

Elemas

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2oc2ita3 said:
Who was the guy that said he was going to ball out this year? I need to find that post.

Oh, they’ll never post about that subject again. Likely delete old posts as well.