Seahawks sign Jace Sternberger off of waivers from Packers

seabowl

Reaction score
3rd round pick from Texas A&M. Good signing but will they ever throw to him is the question?

AgentDib

Reaction score
People were high on him going into the combine but he didn't show well there and ended up going later than most thought he would. Since then he's been often injured and hasn't been able to contribute much.

Perhaps they were just looking for a bit of emergency depth in the next two weeks or maybe Parkinson's rehab is going a bit more slowly than they were hoping.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I heard he joined the PS so can't have been off waivers unless I'm mistaken.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2vyjo79k said:
Oh look, another thread and another shot at Russ by Throwdown. Shocker

Not placing blame but our use or lack of use of our TEs last game was glaring. Is this signing a subtle shot at Everett? Some thought he was a major signing.

It seems we have a history of poorly using our TEs under PC while some really good offenses seem to use them a ton. But maybe a separate discussion.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2vqjfw5t said:
Can he play CB? That's a bigger need on this team.

Man I’m with you. It seems like every time they sign someone they are another offensive weapon. I said “seems”.

Chapow

Reaction score
OK. I mean, every team needs depth at every position, so hopefully this is a good signing for TE depth.

But I sure hope we can figure out how to use our TE's effectively. We already have two pretty good ones in Gerald Everett and Will Dissly, and those two combined for 1 catch for 3 yards in our loss last Sunday.

flv

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":738u5gig said:
I heard he joined the PS so can't have been off waivers unless I'm mistaken.
I believe you are correct. He cleared waivers and has agreed to sign for the Seahawks PS. Spotrac shows him to be on a PS contract.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If anyone expects to create a thread and not have it devolve into the same old tropes within about 2 responses (at most), good luck.