Connection Not Private?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I started getting this message when logging in to .NET since last night...Anyone else?

Capture

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Aros":7mxeuoav said:
I started getting this message when logging in to .NET since last night...Anyone else?

Capture

The SSL certificate has expired for the site. SSL certificates are only valid for a fixed period of time before a new one needs to be obtained.

No reason for alarm, per se. The warning is to prevent you from accessing potentially malicious websites that haven't got an SSL certificate that establishes a trusted ownership of the domain. But ownership should get on that sooner rather than later or enjoy the resulting drop in traffic.

Frankly, I'm disappointed, but certainly not surprised that they haven't addressed this yet despite it going on for at least 24 hours now.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, me too. Thanks for confirming that it isn't me or my system. :mrgreen:

RiverDog

Reaction score
I've been getting it, too. I knew it wasn't a concern but I appreciate your explanation.

chris98251

Reaction score
This server could not prove that it is seahawks.net; its security certificate expired in the last day. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Saturday, September 25, 2021. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

In the frame that Aros posted.

Wenhawk?

You gonna get on top of this?

toffee

Reaction score
Since so many of us are getting the same error message, it eliminated our device was set to a wrong day. Not clients so got to be the server. Do you guys run it off some PC from home? or using a service?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The issue doesn't require troubleshooting, yall. It's a simple expired certificate. Wenhawk already acknowledged it, just not here or on any other publicly visible medium. It's up to the mysterious co-owner to simply re-up the cert.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Since this site is hosted in Linux, using Let's Encrypt for the cert (free) and the certbot package would make renewals automatic. Just throwin' that out to the owners, but if you want to use a manual cert process, at least get that shit on a calendar with a reminder set at least a few weeks in advance.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2zfu57pc said:
it's annoying as hell. Who's running this thing?

He's aware of it and already addressed it on a separate, unaffiliated outlet... just not here, I guess.

Anyway, Wenhawk said it "should be fixed by tomorrow" at about 1pm PST yesterday. So we will see.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Cert expired. The Admin is out of town and is returning today. Hopefully it will be fixed by game time.

I am in full remodel/sale mode working 14hrs a day getting my house in Renton ready to list. Staging and pictures next weekend so not going to be online much for the next week.

Sorry everyone

pmedic920

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":34ewsl31 said:
Aros":34ewsl31 said:

Capture

The SSL certificate has expired for the site. SSL certificates are only valid for a fixed period of time before a new one needs to be obtained.

No reason for alarm, per se. The warning is to prevent you from accessing potentially malicious websites that haven't got an SSL certificate that establishes a trusted ownership of the domain. But ownership should get on that sooner rather than later or enjoy the resulting drop in traffic.

Frankly, I'm disappointed, but certainly not surprised that they haven't addressed this yet despite it going on for at least 24 hours now.
This is factual.

The issue is being addressed.