Pass to P hart.

LTH

Reaction score
Did they change the rules and i didnt know it? In my mind that was complete pass interference if ive ever seen it... the defender was not looking back at the ball he basically mugged Hart...

LTH

nanomoz

Reaction score
Dude he straight up tackled him before the ball got there. Maybe it's hard to see in real time, I don't know. I was surprised the commentators didn't mention it despite like three replays.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I honestly think the defender timed it perfectly but it wouldnt have mattered anyways.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2x83j88u said:
I honestly think the defender timed it perfectly but it wouldnt have mattered anyways.
It was a really close play. I'm guessing if it was the other way around - Hawks fans would be saying he timed it perfectly.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the defender had to be looking back at the ball.. the way i saw it was the defender just swatted Harts arms just as the ball got there... the defender wasnt even going for the ball

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
That was about as close of a play that really could go either way as I’ve ever seen. At first I thought it was PI and it easily could have been called that. After watching it a few times I could also see how the timing of the hit came almost with the arrival of the ball. Most likely wouldn’t have even mattered if it had been called PI.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Metcalf was interfered with more obviously the play before

getnasty

Reaction score
Smellyman":114ufsmd said:
Metcalf was interfered with more obviously the play before

I didn't think the Hart play was bad but the DK play was pretty obvious. Not that it mattered we weren't winning that game and didn't deserve to. Penny Hart didn't to come back to that ball and he would have drew the call or better yet Russell just not under throw him by 5 yards.

stack55

Reaction score
That was pass interference, just ask my wife. I was
Screaming that at her.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It was definitely PI, but it's well known that refs do not like to call PI (either way) on hail mary plays. It's fine to be frustrated, but you shouldn't expect the call either.