Pass Blocking

LTH

Reaction score
I re watched the game and if I were to pick something that could be improved it would be the pass Blocking. The pass blocking wasn't horrible but it seemed to me that Wilson got hit more than I would like to see. Ok maybe it was just the first game... maybe it was getting used to the new O... maybe it will be the weak spot, we will find out soon enough.

I just think that if the Hawks are going to be SB contenders like I think they are , being able to effectively deal with guys like Aaron Donald is going to go a long way... Not saying Gabe Jackson isn't going to be able to deal with AD but that is yet to be seen...

I guess its Solari who could be the superstar here.. come on Mike and coach these boys up and lets Kick AD's butt...

But maybe SW Hybrid WCO will be fast paced enough so they don't have to pass protect for 4-5 seconds. it seemed that that might be the case I'm sure that's Carroll's hope...

I watched all of the west's games and IMO everybody is has the talent to be great. I think everybody is going to beat up on each other... we are definitely going to see some fun Games.

Thoughts?

LTH

Chawker

Reaction score
I like what I've seen from them so far, better run blocking and pass blocking over last years group. I believe its dew to the interior group of guys. I think once they gel together we'll have a formidable offensive line. Awesome week one performance.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
It figures the O line will only get better as they get more PT together. Injuries could be the bane of that, but as is they seem like a solid group. I wouldn't mind seeing us sign another center prospect. That still seems like a weak spot to me.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I felt like the Oline was breaking down in areas but Russ was getting rid of the ball faster than last year. I can't wait to see Russ's release time after the snap comparisons. Thats all on the O coordinator, thank you bro!

Jville

Reaction score
It's only this fan's opinion. But I thought the starting offensive line played well as a group. Without a meaningful preseason game together, I thought they had an exceptionally encouraging 1st game together.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty solid considering. Also, the offense as a whole just looked a lot more prepared and organized. Just my opinion, but I can see this being top 5 in the league if they stay healthy.

sutz

Reaction score
I thought they did well for game 1. Not many games around the league where the QB is totally untouched. The improved tempo helps a lot, too. If they keep that up, they'll go far.

toffee

Reaction score
Spohawks":3c1gmrc1 said:
I felt like the Oline was breaking down in areas but Russ was getting rid of the ball faster than last year. I can't wait to see Russ's release time after the snap comparisons. Thats all on the O coordinator, thank you bro!

Getting rid of the ball faster may be key, being more unpredictable probably helped too.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Indy has a good interior pass rush with D Buckner. I’m more concerned about our NFC West competition. They know how to rush RW and keep him from getting out of the pocket. Biggest issue right now is at center.