Rebuild

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Yep I said it.

RW is awesome and we’ve enjoyed winning seasons but the inadequacies are becoming more than he can hide.

Apparently Drafts picks do help?

John63

Reaction score
sprhawk73":sk1oigpn said:
Yep I said it.

RW is awesome and we’ve enjoyed winning seasons but the inadequacies are becoming more than he can hide.

Apparently Drafts picks do help?

I agree the I inadequacies of this team may be more than even he can hide. Especially when your sacked, pressured or hurried on 87% of your attempts.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Or you know, you could just give Wilson whatever he wants to keep him, and shcan the old dried up useless husk of HC that is dragging this team down with his decisioning now.

He was good. Even great. Now he is useless - especially if he drives off Wilson.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am sure many here would like Bieniemy, but there is also Quinn, Richard, I would look at Pederson as well.

Those are all guys that have been mentioned and could do the job, Quinn the only one with real HC experience in the NFL. Prime picking of proven winners as coaches has got thin over the years.

Fade

Reaction score
If the wheels come all the way off.

1) Keep the QB, put the current HC out to pasture. (Making it an attractive job to lure a new head coach.)

-or-

2) Trade the QB, keep the oldman, become the Lions.

This is not a hard choice.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Fade":28ki8mpf said:
If the wheels come all the way off.

1) Keep the QB, put the current HC out to pasture. (Making it an attractive job to lure a new head coach.)

-or-

2) Trade the QB, keep the oldman, become the Lions.

This is not a hard choice.

3) Put the current HC out to pasture, trade the QB.

The cupboard is as empty as it was when Mora was the HC. If we go into a major rebuild...and I think that we're still a few weeks out before we should start seriously considering it...then we need to recoup some of the draft picks that were so unwisely traded away and bring in some talent, especially on defense where our needs are the greatest.

The trading deadline is Nov. 2nd. If October is as bad of a month as September has been and we're sitting at something like 2-6, then we need to seriously consider trading Russell. If we're playing that poorly he's likely going to be pretty frustrated and may want out anyway. He's the only player on our roster that could garner multiple high draft picks and/or Pro Bowl quality players.

Keep your eye on contending teams and their QB's. If, for example, a team like the Saints are playing well then lose Jameis Winston to a year ending injury, they could be pretty desperate for a veteran, Pro Bowl QB that could take over for the season and for the next 6-8 years.

It's still early. Even the Kansas City Chiefs are 1-2, but I doubt that they're considering blowing their team up. But it's something we can keep in the back of our minds in the event of the very real possibility that we are out of the hunt by the end of next month.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's not often I agree with Pitt, and that's ok. But he's 100 percent on point. Enough with Pete. Yes, fire Pete, flame away, I couldn't care less. And no, it will never happen, I get it. He has lost control of this team, period.

xray

Reaction score
Rebuild ? They will have no choice after this season , because Wilson will be gone . IMO

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Trade Wagner mid-season to a contender for a 5th/6th and Russ for 1st picks (since we have none due to the Adams disaster) and rebuild this defense first. Maybe we can get Tua or a Tyrod Taylor type as a stop gap for a few years and draft a QB. Also Pete needs to go. Expect mediocrity for the next 3-4 years.

If we resign Russell to another max contract it will be impossible to rebuild this team which we have holes at virtually every position, at best we'll have first round exits which will just hurt our draft position....This all assumes we end up 1-5 or whatever, we win our next two then who knows but doesn't look at the way at this pace.....it feels like it's time to blow it up.

kf3339

Reaction score
It's been time to rebuild for at least three to four years. Too many wasted high round draft picks. Too many really bad trades. Too many years of listening to PC's vanilla answers to everything from gameplans to in-game adjustments on both sides of the ball.

A rebuild now needs to start with a new HC and possibly even a new GM. I'm just not sure that JS could change his ways being with Pete for so long.

The next 5 games will tell us a lot. But if something doesn't happen soon, I see us at no better than .500 for the season, and probably a lot worse.

The question though is does PA's sister have the guts to do what is right for the team? :3-1:

OP
OP
sprhawk73

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Remember how every year in the late 80's and 90's seemed like a repeat of the year before? We were always just good enough to get our hopes up just to see them come crashing down. I remember having similar conflicting feelings about our record. It was far worse back then because we were stuck as an average team forever. 7-9, 8-8, occasionally 9-7. Losing sucks, winning kicks ass.

But then draft time rolls around and winning so we can have a mediocre season doesn't seem so nice.

Now we've been a better than average team for 10 years. There is a culture of winning but in order to reach the promise land you have to refill the tank.

The honest truth is, PC/RW just isn't Bill Belichick/Tom Brady. Just how much cheating is involved is any ones guess but obviously it plays a significant roll.