Poll: Fire Pete now, after season, or keep?

Poll: Fire Pete now, after season, or keep?

• Fire now

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Fire after the season

Votes: 77 53.1%
  • Keep Pete

Votes: 19 13.1%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
As much as I appreciated his bringing us a bowl he should go now just for the team to save face.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Blow it all up. Just the thought of FINALLY getting a DK type player for Russ and squandering it with dumbfuck schemes on both sides of the ball, but mainly with Kenny and his bullshit ass *defense has me heated. **** it. Pete, his son, Ken, fire everyone. And while we're at it get the fine folks at Vulcan to make the neccessary moves to hire a real boss and get Jody back to whatever she enjoys.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
hgwellz12":16ei0a99 said:
Blow it all up. Just the thought of FINALLY getting a DK type player for Russ and squandering it with f*** schemes on both sides of the ball, but mainly with Kenny and his $h!t ass *defense has me heated. f*** it. Pete, his son, Ken, fire everyone. And while we're at it get the fine folks at Vulcan to make the neccessary moves to hire a real boss and get Jody back to whatever she enjoys.

How do you really feel?
:sarcasm_on:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Also, do it at sunrise because we face the rapist in 10 days and he's washed so our *defense will look marginally better and it will buy Ken more grace, prolonging the inevitable.

Actually, now that I think about it, just wait until after we play the Cards. I like the lil squirrel ass ninja Kyler and I want the world to witness him and Nuk 'nem put up 875 yards on these cats so that there can be no doubt.

And, nah, I won't chill.

xray

Reaction score
Doesn't he have 4 years left on his ' self-written ' extension ? :D

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Keeping him on the team now will only build the animosity toward him and make it an unhealthy and negative environment. I think the players do not believe in him anymore and you can see the frustration coming from them after plays and now in press conferences. When it gets to this point it’s time to move on.

RiverDog

Reaction score
xray":3gq4wdz9 said:
Doesn't he have 4 years left on his ' self-written ' extension ? :D

Peanuts to Jody Allen. If she wants him gone, Pete's contract isn't going to stop her. Only Mike Brown is cheap enough to worry about coaching contracts when it comes time to fire a HC.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I don't have the answer, but I cant help but get a "Mavin Lewis Bengals" vibe from the way this is playing out. Yeah the Hawks won the big one, and still have a better QB, but the decline is similar. Only question now is how low will it go?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1i8oidyw said:
I don't have the answer, but I cant help but get a "Mavin Lewis Bengals" vibe from the way this is playing out. Yeah the Hawks won the big one, and still have a better QB, but the decline is similar. Only question now is how low will it go?

Although I agree that there are some similarities between Lewis's Bengals and Pete's Seahawks, it's unfair to compare the two. Pete's resume of having two SB's and a Lombardi along with playoff appearances and division titles far outweigh anything that Lewis ever did in Cincy.

Having said that, I'm on record as saying that I want to see some improvement over our 7 year period of mediocrity, and this season doesn't look very promising.

Vesuve

Reaction score
I voted "fire after season."

But then there's a nice......"I'm retiring to spend more time with my family. I love you all."

Either way, is win-win.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd be SHOCKED if Jody Allen and Vulcan fire Pete now, or even at the end of the season.

He has four years left on his extension, so he's not going anywhere. Maybe if Paul was still the owner I would hold out hope that Pete would be fired at the end of the season.

But the very reason Jody gave Pete and John extensions last year is because she wanted them to deal with the football operations and team.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Vesuve":1tglxst0 said:
I voted "fire after season."

But then there's a nice......"I'm retiring to spend more time with my family. I love you all."

Either way, is win-win.

That would be my preferred solution, but Pete would be giving up $25m or so if he quits.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I think if they keep him through the season the players will build up more dislike for him as time goes on. Bring in Pederson and at the very least remove the albatross that's been plaguing this team since XLIX.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
89% so far want PC gone either now or after the season. Wow.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Just curious for the 8 votes to keep Pete. What in the world have you seen in the last 5 years that would want you to keep him?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
RiverDog":1qg3ksn4 said:
Grahamhawker":1qg3ksn4 said:

Although I agree that there are some similarities between Lewis's Bengals and Pete's Seahawks, it's unfair to compare the two. Pete's resume of having two SB's and a Lombardi along with playoff appearances and division titles far outweigh anything that Lewis ever did in Cincy.

Having said that, I'm on record as saying that I want to see some improvement over our 7 year period of mediocrity, and this season doesn't look very promising.

Absolutely whole resumes they don't compare. I should have been more clear.

I was referring more to the post XLIX period of generally just making the playoffs. It seems reminiscent of the Bengals under Lewis where they were frequently good enough to make the playoffs, but never went anywhere. Everyone knew the writing was on the wall for years and change was needed, but they hung onto him for too long probably since the team was "winning". The Bengals went to the post-season 7 times under Lewis between 05-15, finishing 0-7. After going 12-4 in 2015 it took three sub-500 seasons before he was replaced.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3gle61nc said:
RiverDog":3gle61nc said:
Grahamhawker":3gle61nc said:

Absolutely whole resumes they don't compare. I should have been more clear.

I was referring more to the post XLIX period of generally just making the playoffs. It seems reminiscent of the Bengals under Lewis where they were frequently good enough to make the playoffs, but never went anywhere. Everyone knew the writing was on the wall for years and change was needed, but they hung onto him for too long probably since the team was "winning". The Bengals went to the post-season 7 times under Lewis between 05-15, finishing 0-7. After going 12-4 in 2015 it took three sub-500 seasons before he was replaced.

You and I are on the same page. The analogy is a good one, but it has to be scaled, which you've done in the above response.

However, I think (or hope) that there is a difference in ownership's attitude. Mike Brown is cheap, more worried about his bottom line than W's and L's. The Hawks ownership, on the other hand, no expense is too great...or at least I hope that Jody has kept that philosophy within the family.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pete's to blame for the defense's shortcomings. He designed the scheme. KNJ isn't helping but Pete's responsible for hiring and keeping him there. Pete has the final say in football operations for Seahawks.

NJHawk33

Reaction score
As much as I have enjoyed the success that Pete has brought to this franchise its time to move on. Obviously, he has to make the decision because he is the boss. I would love to see John Schneider be able to bring in his own coach and start moving in a different direction. I know that this will likely not happen, but my dream scenario is that Jody sells the team and Bezos swoops in and gives Pete the opportunity to stay in upper management, but leaves the GM duties to Schneider who then signs Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma. They trade Russ for (3) first round picks to the Eagles and they grab Desmond Ridder from Cincinnati and they start building the OL and DL Lines. Bwags might need to be traded as well for more picks and the transformation is under way. This certainly wouldn't be painless, but can we really watch this much longer. Three different O coordinators and the offense looks the same each time, how is that possible? Also, the defense has been on the decline since Ken Norton Jr. has taken control. Pete won't fire him or will he? The Kicker has basically missed XP's and FG's that have turned two games that were possibly wins into losses. If nothing else there should be three kickers at the complex today auditioning to be a replacement. Well that felt good! Thanks for letting me vent!!! Go Hawks!!!!