Cody Barton as a full back?

nwHawk

Reaction score
I’d really like to see the Hawks mix in a full back more. Am I crazy to think Cody Barton might be a good situational full back. Quick enough to reach the “spot” and being a linebacker, and specifically middle linebacker, he would be able to read and adjust to the defense on the fly. Thoughts? (Hey, it’s something other than Russ talk).

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yes, you're crazy. Who's got that video clip from a couple years back of big bad Cody Barton getting pancaked by a WR or RB block?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bellore knows how to hit and lay dudes out in short yardage. Barton is too valuable to risk unnecessary injury by playing fullback on certain situations.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree. This was written before Cody replaced Bobby.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
If you want a fullback, then Michigan St H-back Connor Heyward is a prospect to keep an eye on during the draft. He can probably be had in the 6th round.

toffee

Reaction score
In situations where a play needed a battling ram, wouldn't Poona be a better choice?

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Definitely. I’d love to see a Ford clearing a lane for the running back!

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
The funny thing about this threat is I made it before Barton played those last two games. Then he balls out and poof, Bobby is cut. Bobby would have got cut either way ($$) but the way Barton played have a little hope that the team may be fine next year.

I still expect a LB to be drafted, but at least he brought a little value to the team down the stretch. Okay, Someone get Pete on the phone and tell him to put Poona in the backfield!