Jordyn Brooks sets Seahawks tackles record

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Most tackles in a season and with 20 today he tied the individual game franchise record.

Baller.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Thank god we don’t need to pay 18 mill for Bobby next year

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":123dmifk said:
Most tackles in a season and with 20 today he tied the individual game franchise record.

Baller.
I mean, he had one extra game to do it in, plus the defense couldn't get off of the field. Good player, but context matters.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":39so8iwq said:
UK_Seahawk":39so8iwq said:

Baller.
I mean, he had one extra game to do it in, plus the defense couldn't get off of the field. Good player, but context matters.

I'm assuming you think no 16 game records count either? I mean that's 2 more than 14.

keasley45

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":18h6vzok said:
UK_Seahawk":18h6vzok said:

Baller.

Great player.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
keasley45":2c8v96j4 said:
Spin Doctor":2c8v96j4 said:
UK_Seahawk":2c8v96j4 said:

Baller.

Great player.
I wouldn't say that, yet. The guy still isn't good in coverage. I wouldn't even put him at KJ's 2020 level, which of course is a high bar. KJ was balling out in 2020. Brooks is VERY good at slicing through the opposing offensive line on running downs though. He'll slip underneath the offensive line and come in for a sneaky stop. Pass defense on the other hand he is a liability. Still he is probably the best first round pick we've had in years.

Chapow

Reaction score
Brooks has developed into a very, very good player, and is light years better than Patrick Queen at this point.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3dq171vi said:
Spin Doctor":3dq171vi said:
UK_Seahawk":3dq171vi said:

Baller.

I'm assuming you think no 16 game records count either? I mean that's 2 more than 14.
I'm saying statistics always have a context. People tend to always put them in a vacuum. You can't always take them at face value. There is always a story behind those numbers.

Is it cool that Brooks has the record? Yes. What does that really mean though? Well, in this seasons case it means that the Seahawks lost the TOP battle for a significant portion of the season. Brooks also got an additional game to put up those statistics vs. somebody like Bobby Wagner or any of the other people that previously held that record.

Does it count, sure -- but you also need to keep in mind the why.

toffee

Reaction score
Chapow":2wqvy27v said:
Brooks has developed into a very, very good player, and is light years better than Patrick Queen at this point.

I still remember the crazy Patrick Queen love on dot net right after we drafted Brooks.

Chapow

Reaction score
toffee":ksjsijob said:
Chapow":ksjsijob said:

I still remember the crazy Patrick Queen love on dot net right after we drafted Brooks.

Yeah, lots of meltdowns because we took Brooks over Queen.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
There might even be a Queen fan in this very thread, diminishing Brooks to justify his original thought process

Or maybe its just a coincidence ;)

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
toffee":13xyzvxv said:
Chapow":13xyzvxv said:

I tried to tell them he was one of the top 5 LB 's available and that he had all the traits needed to be a great LB .

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He balled out for sure today. He has a ton of potential and looks to be the best 1st round pick we've had since Earl

Fade

Reaction score
Watch Jordan Brooks on the 3rd and 18 play.

He is solid nothing more.

keasley45

Reaction score
Fade":33j90h9v said:
Watch Jordan Brooks on the 3rd and 18 play.

He is solid nothing more.

Watch Bobby Wagner wiff on more plays than I can remember this year and last.

He still starts hands down on 30+ teams in this league.

And watch Bobby his first 2 years. He wasn't yet the machine he became, but showed out the same way Brooks has.

It's cool you don't like the pick, but to diminish what he's done and who he is...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't fathom someone not being happy with what we are getting from Brooks. That was a hell of a draft pick. Don't have to like a draft pick when it happens. But why fight so hard to actually acknowledge that it turned out to be a damn good pick? I'm sure the Ravens are happy with Queen, and the Hawks are clearly happy with Brooks.

It's ok, both teams made a good draft pick. :irishdrinkers:

Elemas

Reaction score
I wasn’t a believer at first and that was primarily due to his pass coverage. He still needs to improve in that area but, this kid has a very, very bright future ahead.

P.S. I was also on the Queen tirade. Been wrong before…will be wrong again. Great pick by PC and JS.

Latest posts