Upside for people who have been waiting for season tickets.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
With Pete sticking around I would expect the bandwagoners to start dropping off like flies. Should start tearing through the season ticket waiting list.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
It'll take one more season of bad for that to occur.

I know I plan to keep mine finally hoping to move down some more rows. That being said if they keep raising the prices while the product on the field is diminishing. It does make it difficult. I don't generally attend ALL the games, so usually I'm able to sell a few to recoup my ticket prices, or perhaps make some $ on top which generally helps cover the preseason tickets that I gotta just give away the last few seasons. Although they are a great game to bring my kids, they have been weekday games the last few seasons which is just a large amount of hassle to work with for a meaningless game.

Anyway, this year was tough with our diminished product on the field and covid affecting a large population of people who do not want to go to games or extremely crowded places. I had trouble even giving away tickets to games I couldn't attend. I don't know about you guys, but eating $600+ a game for 4 tickets isn't easy on the wallet. I'm happy to go to games win/lose/good weather/bad weather. The same can't exactly be said for my wife and kids though. And yeah my ticket price started at $75/seat when i got them and now they're almost $120/seat. That really adds up especially when you got a game you can't attend and you don't exactly run into a lot of people wanting to pay even COST to sit in the upper 300 level during this time.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the general expectation (not counting the chicken littles) is that the Seahawks will be back. In fact, likely a competitive 10, 11, type win team. Prices will hold, the stadium will be full like it has been for the past decade plus.

OP
OP
JustTheTip

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Aros":1efr4zi7 said:
I think the general expectation (not counting the chicken littles) is that the Seahawks will be back. In fact, likely a competitive 10, 11, type win team. Prices will hold, the stadium will be full like it has been for the past decade plus.

Maybe, but if so I would expect the same early playoff exit. As always for the last 7 years, I really hope Pete surprises me.

There are a lot of people who know more about football than I do who are saying I am wrong. Numbers and their trends are pretty solid though and a 7-year sample size is fairly large.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I doubt it will make a difference for quite a few years of poor results as the Blue Pride list still exceeds 12,000 folks looking for season's tickets.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3sb43dwz said:
I doubt it will make a difference for quite a few years of poor results as the Blue Pride list still exceeds 12,000 folks looking for season's tickets.

My son couldn't give his tickets away this past season.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This is almost undoubtedly true.

There were a few more seats available this year for upgrade. But most of the folks around us deferred their tickets from the 2020 covid season. So there was assuredly far fewer releases that there otherwise would have been.

I'd expect a whole lot of seats to come available. This team has been pretty much poop at home going on three seasons now. Tailgating options have been similarly cut down severely since 2019, with a lot of construction/lot conversions going on. In bad years, it's the tailgating/pregame party that stems the exodus and keeps the investment worth it.

I haven't heard as much indifference towards the team in pregame tailgate land since Holmgren's last year/Jim Mora season in 2008/09.

I would expect quite a few defectors. For a number of reasons. Probably not so much about Pete as much as the team has underperformed at home for a while now and feels definitely like a team poised for a multi year slide. That and with so many fans now having held their tickets for many years during good times, there is an expected down cycle in renewals.