Just like NE challenged us

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
...to beat them with the pass, so we challenged San Francisco to beat us with the run. We shut down their pass, shut down Alex Smith, forced them to rely solely on Frank Gore. And he came through when they needed him to. He was the sole difference in the game. Their receivers were worthless, contributing almost nothing to the game. Their best receiver was Crabtree, with four catches for 31 yards. No other receiver had more than one catch, and no more than 18 yards.

Except for Frank Gore. He was their leading rusher AND their leading receiver.

largenutz

Reaction score
I WANTED THIS WIN BADLY, but am not upset by the loss at all. two GREAT teams, someone has to win. well see next time in sea, and PLAYOFFS!
BET
GO HAWKS!

heyu123

Reaction score
Uh, why would you challenge the #1 rush offense in the NFL to beat you with the run?

ensett

Reaction score
Not as high as their rush offense is rated, I can tell you that much. If this is actually what we did, it's stupid.

heyu123

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":g832y3wx said:
heyu123":g832y3wx said:
Uh, why would you challenge the #1 rush offense in the NFL to beat you with the run?

Because our rush defense is rated how high?

Why would any coach game plan to stop the Niners passing attack and Alex Smith and try and make Frank gore beat them?

That is the complete opposite of what every team tries to do. you're not making any sense here.

edogg23

Reaction score
I look at it the other way around. The 49ers put in run heavy formations and dared us to stop the run.

rjdriver

Reaction score
edogg23":2rvy1uq2 said:
I look at it the other way around. The 49ers put in run heavy formations and dared us to stop the run.

And we didn't.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i was hoping we would focus more on the run and make ALEX SMITH beat us. But we did the opposite. It seemed like they had the ball the entire 2nd half. They read our defense too easily and made the adjustments. Even at that we only gave up 13 points. That's what is frustrating...........if our offense was just decent we would have won. And most likely be undefeated

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
The difference in this game over their losses is we failed to score enough points to put the game on Smith and out of Gores hands. I think we score a TD or 2 early and this game ends up much more lopsided in our favor as Smith does not come from behind well. This of course proved impossible w/ our WR's dropping all the key passes in the world. That is what frustrated me so much knowing we blew so many opportunities here. You just can not let a good def/running team hang around that long and not expect them to find a rythm and make something happen. Also, you can't expect to always be so close in games and always find that magical way to win at the last moment....leaves too much to chance.