Vikings trade DE Yannick Ngakoue to Ravens

sdog1981

Reaction score
So the Vikings are going to blow it all up? I wonder if there are any other pieces they are willing to give up.

rcaido

Reaction score
How can the Ravens afford his contract, are the Vikings paying for it?

rcaido

Reaction score
I think they would be over the cap w/ Yannick, not even including the Earl Thomas salary issue. If Earl doesn't sign w/ a team, i wonder what would be the penalty for the Ravens. Will this trade be allowed? My understanding is, if Earl wins the grievance, Ravens would have to pay 10million to Earl which count for the cap. Right now they have only 5million which is required to have in place which looks like they are using for Yannick.

Maybe the NFL will veto this trade.

Maulbert

Reaction score
LOL. The Vikes effectively traded what is looking like a high 2nd rounder and a conditional 5th for what is looking like a low 3rd rounder and a conditional 5th, essentially for 6 games with Ngakoue with a 1-5 record. Their fans are melting down right now. :lol:

Maulbert

Reaction score
If the Vikings are actually packing it in, they'd be smart to deal Cousins and a couple picks to the Jets for Darnold. The Jets are barreling towards Trevorsville at 200 mph, so they're going to look to deal Darnold, whose biggest flaw is playing for the most incompetent head coach in the NFL. He has been the starting QB for every Jets win since 2017, and he's only 23, so definitely still young enough to salvage. Kirk is who we all thought he was. A guy with pretty stats in garbage time who will never elevate his team.