0-9ers

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
SF49r":2fvpvmex said:
Doesn't matter what happened though L is a L and Jimmy g threw 3 ints
If you thought he wouldn't have ups and downs in his 8th start against the best defense in the NFL, I have a bridge to sell you. Some of the things he did were elite, like that scramble and touchdown to Pettis. This year is a learning year for him. He will be much better next year.

Not to mention when he plays a defense that doesn't literally have no weak spots.

SF49r

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":19lmny15 said:
SF49r":19lmny15 said:
Doesn't matter what happened though L is a L and Jimmy g threw 3 ints
If you thought he wouldn't have ups and downs in his 8th start against the best defense in the NFL, I have a bridge to sell you. Some of the things he did were elite, like that scramble and touchdown to Pettis. This year is a learning year for him. He will be much better next year.

Not to mention when he plays a defense that doesn't literally have no weak spots.
Definitely would have looked alot better if his receivers didn't let him down but I see some positives from this game and it brought us down to earth

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rlkats":3o4ef58y said:
5_Golden_Rings":3o4ef58y said:
rlkats":3o4ef58y said:
hawknation2018":3o4ef58y said:
3 picks for Jimmy Grab-a-ho. Excellent start! :D
Yup he had a rough start against a great D At home. Yup he had 3 pics his fault. Yup he had 3 dropped TD passes his fault. Yup he had his #1 WR out on injury his fault. Yup he had 2 RTackles lost to injury his fault.
Two RGs. The starting RT was moved to RG and a practice squad caliber player was put in at RT. Yeah, the injuries and drops did not help. But he needs to take sacks instead of throw off of his back foot so much.

Apparently you didn’t get the sarcasm

Right rl? obviously only one of the guard injuries was his fault.

J/K.

I thought the 9er's looked impressive. Much better than I expected them to. Garapolo looks legit. Defense looked very good also.

rlkats

Reaction score
RichNhansom":cm68brsb said:
rlkats":cm68brsb said:
5_Golden_Rings":cm68brsb said:
rlkats":cm68brsb said:
Yup he had a rough start against a great D At home. Yup he had 3 pics his fault. Yup he had 3 dropped TD passes his fault. Yup he had his #1 WR out on injury his fault. Yup he had 2 RTackles lost to injury his fault.
Two RGs. The starting RT was moved to RG and a practice squad caliber player was put in at RT. Yeah, the injuries and drops did not help. But he needs to take sacks instead of throw off of his back foot so much.

J/K.

I thought the 9er's looked impressive. Much better than I expected them to. Garapolo looks legit. Defense looked very good also.

Haha ya the D did better than expected but the offense shat the bed

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RichNhansom":39jpnkek said:
rlkats":39jpnkek said:
5_Golden_Rings":39jpnkek said:
rlkats":39jpnkek said:

J/K.

The 49ers defense looks like a quality defense, but Garoppolo has to become more consistent. Being able to make miracle plays like his Russell Wilson impersonation to Pettis is great, but without consistency he won't be better than average (still much better than any 49ers QB in years, though).

Brett Favre is someone who started out similarly, making great plays but also really stupid ones, until Mike Holmgren tempered him.

But Garoppolo only has 8 starts. He has a LOT to learn still, and he really needs to spend an off season fixing his fundamentals to improve his consistency when it comes to accuracy. I wouldn't judge his true ability until one or two years from now.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":33phsc75 said:
RichNhansom":33phsc75 said:
rlkats":33phsc75 said:
5_Golden_Rings":33phsc75 said:

J/K.

The 49ers defense looks like a quality defense, but Garoppolo has to become more consistent. Being able to make miracle plays like his Russell Wilson impersonation to Pettis is great, but without consistency he won't be better than average (still much better than any 49ers QB in years, though).

Brett Favre is someone who started out similarly, making great plays but also really stupid ones, until Mike Holmgren tempered him.

But Garoppolo only has 8 starts. He has a LOT to learn still, and he really needs to spend an off season fixing his fundamentals to improve his consistency when it comes to accuracy. I wouldn't judge his true ability until one or two years from now.
Funny, that's what everybody else was doing all off season. I do agree with you that the arrow is pointing up. They didn't get slammed. They had a lot of things work against them. They shouldn't have too rough a year. It should actually be promising for their fans.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
For the record, Kendrick Bourne actually admitted to running the wrong route on the pick six. So that's one interception that was NOT Jimmy G's fault. Now add back those three dropped touchdown passes and the conversation is a lot different.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":29004hq4 said:
5_Golden_Rings":29004hq4 said:
RichNhansom":29004hq4 said:
rlkats":29004hq4 said:

J/K.

Funny, that's what everybody else was doing all off season. I do agree with you that the arrow is pointing up. They didn't get slammed. They had a lot of things work against them. They shouldn't have too rough a year. It should actually be promising for their fans.
I should have worded that differently. His PHYSICAL ability was easy to judge last year. What is not easy to judge is if he'll be able to make the mental adjustments to deal with what defenses do to him.

However, when you play great defenses, most QBs struggle, and as I pointed out above, Kendrick Bourne actually admitted to running the wrong route on the pick six, so take that one off of Jimmy G's plate.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Going back to last off-season and up until today’s game of good chunck of the denialzone was fitting JimmyGQ for his HOF Gold jacket. After watching that game today, while seeing that there is potential there..... his “fatal flaws” showed today.
10 picks in what 7 games as a niner?

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2t6ficxw said:
Going back to last off-season and up until today’s game of good chunck of the denialzone was fitting JimmyGQ for his HOF Gold jacket. After watching that game today, while seeing that there is potential there..... his “fatal flaws” showed today.

Just to keep ya accurate pal lol.

Total regular season games = 6 (2017 and 2018)

Yards - 1821
Average yards/game - 303
Tds - 9 (1 rushing TD included)
Int - 8

But in all seriousness. He is still a newb QB and is going to try and do to much. He needs to learn to protect the ball then he will be fine.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Man , we Seattle lost too so we have our own problems to worry about than making fun at other team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":13fmcjcg said:
Sports Hernia":13fmcjcg said:

Yards - 1821
Average yards/game - 303
Int - 8

But in all seriousness. He is still a newb QB and is going to try and do to much. He needs to learn to protect the ball then he will be fine.
My bad got the TD’s and INT numbers mixed up.
No doubt, just taking a shot at the denailzoners that are putting the cart in front of the horse.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aw Mang":95mh9l1f said:
Man , we Seattle lost too so we have our own problems to worry about than making fun at other team.
It’s the Niners, they exist to be made fun of! 8)

Lighten up Francis! :2thumbs:

NINEster

Reaction score
rlkats":5b1ngou4 said:
Sports Hernia":5b1ngou4 said:

Yards - 1821
Average yards/game - 303
Int - 8

I see that JG has thrown 5 TD to 0 INT in 3 seasons with the Patriots (as a backup, to those who are questioning the really low production there :2thumbs: ), and then goes to a team with inferior talent and a much more complicated scheme (and no knowledge of it) and proceeds to throw 8 INTs in 6 games. Interesting, isn't it?

BTW, if I criticize Wilson for multiple INT games, the generic reply I often hear from Hawk fans "all I care about is that he wins games".....or blame the OL for everything.......do we have a good answer for 9 INTs against the Packers over the 2014 NFCC and 2016 regular season matchup?

So yeah, the goalposts move all the time in the debate....whatever it is to suit your side.

It's not very hard to do, but what IS hard to do is be consistent in criticism of Garoppolo (or any other Niner player) and applying the same lens to your own players. If only Wilson and others were criticized objectively, I'd have zero issues with Hawk fans criticizing JG. None.

Hell, 49ers fans are the hardest fans of ALL TIME on their own QBs. We don't need help criticizing our own guy (Steve f'n Young once upon a time, SMH), but just like the rule with family, only WE can talk s*** about our own. :mrgreen:

Cousins had the "better game" by the stats count, yet if you looked at his opportunities and effectiveness of his supporting cast you could say he easily underachieved while Jimmy could be said to have at least achieved the minimum, or greater given the struggles.

If the roles were swapped, I imagine a huge Vikings blow out.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ssmtnfj said:
rlkats":1ssmtnfj said:
Sports Hernia":1ssmtnfj said:

Yards - 1821
Average yards/game - 303
Int - 8

My bad got the TD’s and INT numbers mixed up.
No doubt, just taking a shot at the denailzoners that are putting the cart in front of the horse.

Just had to poke ya. All in fun.

rlkats

Reaction score
NINEster":2dcbhf4u said:
rlkats":2dcbhf4u said:
Sports Hernia":2dcbhf4u said:

Yards - 1821
Average yards/game - 303
Int - 8

I see that JG has thrown 5 TD to 0 INT in 3 seasons with the Patriots (as a backup, to those who are questioning the really low production there :2thumbs: ), and then goes to a team with inferior talent and a much more complicated scheme (and no knowledge of it) and proceeds to throw 8 INTs in 6 games. Interesting, isn't it?

BTW, if I criticize Wilson for multiple INT games, the generic reply I often hear from Hawk fans "all I care about is that he wins games".....or blame the OL for everything.......do we have a good answer for 9 INTs against the Packers over the 2014 NFCC and 2016 regular season matchup?

So yeah, the goalposts move all the time in the debate....whatever it is to suit your side.

It's not very hard to do, but what IS hard to do is be consistent in criticism of Garoppolo (or any other Niner player) and applying the same lens to your own players. If only Wilson and others were criticized objectively, I'd have zero issues with Hawk fans criticizing JG. None.

Hell, 49ers fans are the hardest fans of ALL TIME on their own QBs. We don't need help criticizing our own guy (Steve f'n Young once upon a time, SMH), but just like the rule with family, only WE can talk s*** about our own. :mrgreen:

Cousins had the "better game" by the stats count, yet if you looked at his opportunities and effectiveness of his supporting cast you could say he easily underachieved while Jimmy could be said to have at least achieved the minimum, or greater given the struggles.

If the roles were swapped, I imagine a huge Vikings blow out.

I was only counting the Niners games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny how when he plays in a game that counts, he looks like that. Amazingly over-hyped. Meh
Just like Goff, I'll believe they are great QB's when they actually do something in the playoffs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Don't think many 9ers fans were expecting them to beat the Vikings (I certainly wasn't).

This was the game with the lowest win probability on their schedule. TBH I didn't think it would be this close.

I think there's things for 9ers fans to be concerned about, and things for them to be excited about.

CONCERNED:

*RG: Person was bad before he got knocked out, and then Garnett was bad before he got knocked out. They're now out of RGs.

*Tartt: Gave up some plays and missed some easy tackles.

*Thomas: Totally invisible in this game, except for jumping off sides when everyone knew the Vikes were trying to draw them offsides. It was Michael Bennett-esque.

*RB involvement in the pass game: Shanny wants that, that's why McKinnon was brought in and overpaid, and the lack of involvement for Breida and Morris in the pass game is what everyone was fearing when McKinnon went down.

EXCITED:

*Buckner: His hits and hurries projected to him getting more sacks this year, and he got 2.5 in the first game.

*Fred Warner: Huge, huge, huge game for the rookie. He'll end up being streaky, but after 1 week, when Foster comes back I think there's the *chance* for a great duo a la Willis and Bowman, except for the way the game has changed (they're both great in coverage, and not the old school thumpers that the league has moved away from).

*Outside CBs: Witherspoon gave up a TD, but the other guys get paid too, and that as a PERFECT pass by Cousins and a great use of non OPI contact by Diggs. On the other side Sherman gave up one pass, and was beat deap on another that missed. For his first game back, that's a major, major win.

* Run defense: Overall held the Vikings to 3.6 YPC. Really the whole defense played better than I expected (gave up 360 yards and 17 points to what I think might be the offense with the best collection of weapons in the NFL).

GAROPPOLO: He played far from a perfect game, but internally I think he'll grade out much better than his stat line shows.

Two Positives: All the things that were great about him last year were on display, and against one of the best defenses in the NFL. This preseason and in this game I'm also less concerned about the deep ball than people were after last year.

Two Negatives: Still a half a beat slow on getting some balls out. I hope that gets cleaned up as he has more experience in the system (people forget how little he has played). Like last year, in this game he still trusts his arm too much, and makes some headscratcher throws. It's not as bad or as frequent as Jameis Winston, but it's still something to keep track of.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Richard Sherman played great! He play 71 of a possible 71 plays. Never came out. Wow I was so impressed. Barely a preseason or training camp. What a baller