13-3 - 10-6

Josea16

Reaction score
Seymour":37fbm48r said:
HFA. a bye, and team health become secondary issues when you have the league's worst oline. That was the real reason we did not have a chance at trophy last year. The other issues just made matters worse, but even if they don't happen, you are not going to win it all with the worst oline in the NFL....EVER.

That oline and lack of running game is also partly responsible for the collapse of the D, the skittish feet of our QB, and his injury as well.

Like it or not, the oline pulling it's own weight will decide how far this team can go. Sure, other things need to fall in place as well, but dragging an anchor around is not a winning formula.
This post is utter crap. We won a Superbowl with a crap OL. Last year with Houshka making a chip shot we're the number two seed. Without having four key players injured or out this is a non issue.

12-4 is likely if reasonably healthy given the state of the division and the schedule.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I see the Hawks at 11-5 this year,.... OL will still be a work in progress until midseason,....pretty favorable schedule
so maybe 12-4 is possible,...

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":5mm8mmzn said:
HFA. a bye, and team health become secondary issues when you have the league's worst oline. That was the real reason we did not have a chance at trophy last year. The other issues just made matters worse, but even if they don't happen, you are not going to win it all with the worst oline in the NFL....EVER.

That oline and lack of running game is also partly responsible for the collapse of the D, the skittish feet of our QB, and his injury as well.

Like it or not, the oline pulling it's own weight will decide how far this team can go. Sure, other things need to fall in place as well, but dragging an anchor around is not a winning formula.

Ageing secondary

Lack of Take Aways

No O line Consistency

No proven Running Threat

QB that is starting to get happy feet

Hmmm that looks a awful lot like what was said here and that person being told they are on drugs and that it was laughable.

Seymour

Reaction score
Josea16":3fr4kzpx said:
Seymour":3fr4kzpx said:

This post is utter crap. We won a Superbowl with a crap OL. Last year with Houshka making a chip shot we're the number two seed. Without having four key players injured or out this is a non issue.

12-4 is likely if reasonably healthy given the state of the division and the schedule.

Really?

Show me then. We won a SuperBowl with the highest paid oline in the NFL at the time, and nowhere near the worst line, they were ranked around 20th.

Show me any team that has won it all with a bottom of the league oline.

Thought so. :roll:

hawk45

Reaction score
sdog1981" ... Don't face an elite pass rush until week 5. Gives Cable his 5-week window for the line to gel. ... [/quote said:
Last season we were making mediocre to poor defensive lines look like world-beaters. That would seem to me to be our data point for where the floor of a once-again reshuffled Cable line is.

Russell must survive the 10 game gel period that precedes something resembling pass pro. Optimistically, run blocking may emerge by game 5.

I do think Russell is understandably developing happy feet but I hope with full mobility back some of that will subside because he'll feel he can stand in longer and still escape disaster if need be.

If the LOB stay healthy most of the year - something which hasn't happened in years and we begin behind the 8 ball with Shead out and starting a rookie or <shudder> Lane - then our formula of the defense compensating for the ill-effects of the OL should work.

I think the OL puts the ceiling at 10 wins, out of the playoffs in the divisional round. More than that requires 2012-2013 level LOB and that isn't the direction the defense has been going.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I see 10-6 as the floor and 13-3 ceiling. 11-5 is my prediction.

We saw massive injuries to key players and the worst oline we have had arguably last year and still did ok. We still have our special OC, and cable is always excited about the line preseason.

I would love to see ceiling play.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
johnnyfever":35xqafm1 said:
I see 10-6 as the floor and 13-3 ceiling. 11-5 is my prediction.

Very fair barometer.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawk45":1mzrbhgn said:
Last season we were making mediocre to poor defensive lines look like world-beaters

We made the Jets and Eagles defensive lines look effete.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He was saying the Seahawks Oline pushed around two average to above average Dlines.

ef·fete

adjective

(of a person) affected, overrefined, and ineffectual.

no longer capable of effective action.

synonyms: weak, enfeebled, enervated, worn out, exhausted, finished, drained, spent, powerless, ineffectual

NJlargent

Reaction score
I think the Green Bay game will tell us whether we are 13 wins or somewhere in 9-11. Our defense is going to dictate how far this team goes because we do not have a 13 win offense with our Oline. Green Bay will tell us what we have defensively.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, playing GB, it pretty much comes down to who is at home. Home team almost always will win that game. Doesn't mean the Hawks won't reel off a bunch of wins after that game. Of course, not many thought we would beat the Pats on the road either. Still gotta' lace em up

NJlargent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1662mtb4 said:
Well, playing GB, it pretty much comes down to who is at home. Home team almost always will win that game. Doesn't mean the Hawks won't reel off a bunch of wins after that game. Of course, not many thought we would beat the Pats on the road either. Still gotta' lace em up

I agree with the home field advantage point and if we win that game I think we win it all. If we lose, there is a big difference between losing 20-17 as opposed to 41-38.

Seymour

Reaction score
I have a different take on the GB game. I don't expect it to tell me much being game 1. I think we will need to get into the 2nd half of the season when we hit stride to know where this team stands. The exception would be, we come out blazing or getting destroyed which I doubt either happens.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, they have had slow starts often under Carroll. Even if the record is good, they don't seem to hit their stride til mid-October often.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
NJlargent":3t7nrztp said:
I think the Green Bay game will tell us whether we are 13 wins or somewhere in 9-11. Our defense is going to dictate how far this team goes because we do not have a 13 win offense with our Oline. Green Bay will tell us what we have defensively.

I feel ya, but at the same time it's almost impossible to judge how the Hawks will do based on the first game of the year being on the road, especially against a Rodgers-led Packers team. My defense mechanism is alive and well as I have that game penciled in as a loss from the moment the schedule came out.

We could very well be 13-3 this season with that game being one of the losses.