AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Then again, if we can beat the Patriots in their house?? :Dunno:

NJlargent

Reaction score
Seymour":11k1eay3 said:
I have a different take on the GB game. I don't expect it to tell me much being game 1. I think we will need to get into the 2nd half of the season when we hit stride to know where this team stands. The exception would be, we come out blazing or getting destroyed which I doubt either happens.

That's true but this thread is about whether this team can win 13 games. With that said, I don't see us winning 13 games if we have to wait until the second half of the season to heat up. I doubt we could go 5-3 and then win out the remaining games. I also think we need to come out hot if we are going to the Super Bowl because home-field advantage is critical for us as history has shown but that's outside the parameters of this thread.

I think if our defense is dominant we can win 13 games and we may win the Super Bowl. If the defense is bend and don't break we will win 10 or 11 and br underdogs in the divisional round and on the road.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3l34eljn said:
I have a different take on the GB game. I don't expect it to tell me much being game 1. I think we will need to get into the 2nd half of the season when we hit stride to know where this team stands. The exception would be, we come out blazing or getting destroyed which I doubt either happens.

In general, I could agree with this. However I do think there are aspects that will be very telling.

Seattle down the stretch last year (without Thomas) got absolutely torched by quality QBs. Rodgers, Ryan and Palmer had outstanding outings against our defense.

This team cannot survive the season if the defense plays as it did when Thomas was out. If we surrender 30+ to Rodgers week one, then I'm seriously concerned. This defensive talent is getting along in age with the core of the team now in the middle/end of their second deals. Logic should suggest strongly that inevitable decline is coming. If we don't immediately turn our defensive performance around out of the gate -- then I'd say it's a harbinger that this defense's decline is much closer that I would hope.

We could still lose this game and I'd be ok with it. But the manner in which we lose (if we do) matters to me. The defensive performance right out of the gate is a significant litmus test for where this team can hope to go as far as the season goes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":196ujmp6 said:
Seymour":196ujmp6 said:

In general, I could agree with this. However I do think there are aspects that will be very telling.

Seattle down the stretch last year (without Thomas) got absolutely torched by quality QBs. Rodgers, Ryan and Palmer had outstanding outings against our defense.

This team cannot survive the season if the defense plays as it did when Thomas was out. If we surrender 30+ to Rodgers week one, then I'm seriously concerned. This defensive talent is getting along in age with the core of the team now in the middle/end of their second deals. Logic should suggest strongly that inevitable decline is coming. If we don't immediately turn our defensive performance around out of the gate -- then I'd say it's a harbinger that this defense's decline is much closer that I would hope.

We could still lose this game and I'd be ok with it. But the manner in which we lose (if we do) matters to me. The defensive performance right out of the gate is a significant litmus test for where this team can hope to go as far as the season goes.

I'd like to think that just the presence of Earl Thomas will leave Rodgers a little less freewheely. There was a good FO article last year about how Rodgers was making throws against Steven Terrell that he wouldn't even have tried to make with Thomas on the field, and when QBs don't try to make throws, it starts leading to more pressure.

Additionally, we have Bradley McDougald backing Thomas up now. Early-season uncertainty tends to favor defenses, so I have about a 50-50 view on that early Packers game. Either way, it won't be too conclusive for me.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":14q1b9ku said:
Ageing secondary

Lack of Take Aways

No O line Consistency

No proven Running Threat

QB that is starting to get happy feet

8-8 and a wake up call to John and Pete. if Russell gets Hurt early while Cable experiments with his new O line rotation.

The above is grim - but sadly quite possible.

The cracks have been showing for some time. We actually did far better last season than we likely deserved to given our level of play overall.

Hoping for the best but bracing for the worst...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
For a successful season, we need to be at 4-1 at the BYE. Should we be at 3-2.....maybe 11-5 or 10-6. If we are at 2-3, then we are in deep doo-doo. :roll:

uncle fester

Reaction score
This feels to me like the first game-to-game season I'll actually happily enjoy since Russ's rookie year.

Since then it's felt like some sort of stress test.

Something along the lines of The team is amazing, but the growing weight of expectation - based on talent on the roster and recent epic performances - is in turn making each game a must win situation

...Well that's how it's been for me at least. The spotlight seems to have shifted away again, and perhaps the pressure will be off the players shoulders?

Anyways, thoroughly looking forward to the whole season, starting with Training Camp and some intriguing roster battles.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
uncle fester":21suhctx said:
This feels to me like the first game-to-game season I'll actually happily enjoy since Russ's rookie year.

Since then it's felt like some sort of stress test.

Something along the lines of The team is amazing, but the growing weight of expectation - based on talent on the roster and recent epic performances - is in turn making each game a must win situation

...Well that's how it's been for me at least. The spotlight seems to have shifted away again, and perhaps the pressure will be off the players shoulders?

Anyways, thoroughly looking forward to the whole season, starting with Training Camp and some intriguing roster battles.

I agree!

Roster moves have been pretty good this off-season.

If we win the drama will stay behind closed doors for the most part.

If we lose - all that dissatisfaction will likely boil over and it will be a mess.

Just win baby!

Josea16

Reaction score
semiahmoo":hzfjwuay said:
chris98251":hzfjwuay said:
Ageing secondary

Lack of Take Aways

No O line Consistency

No proven Running Threat

8-8 and a wake up call to John and Pete. if Russell gets Hurt early while Cable experiments with his new O line rotation.

The cracks have been showing for some time. We actually did far better last season than we likely deserved to given our level of play overall.

Anything is possible and I've straight up called out Chris as being silly if he is actually being serious which isn't likely. This team if healthy is 12-4 at worst and does a Denver job on New England in February. I expect nothing less then causing Tom Brady getting the hell out just like Peyton Manning if they are healthy.

It would totally seal Pete's and the Seahawks legacy if it happens. This team depth wise is like 2013 just watch and see.

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":n8siul00 said:
semiahmoo":n8siul00 said:
chris98251":n8siul00 said:
Ageing secondary

Lack of Take Aways

No O line Consistency

No proven Running Threat

Anything is possible and I've straight up called out Chris as being silly if he is actually being serious which isn't likely. This team if healthy is 12-4 at worst and does a Denver job on New England in February. I expect nothing less then causing Tom Brady getting the hell out just like Peyton Manning if they are healthy.

It would totally seal Pete's and the Seahawks legacy if it happens. This team depth wise is like 2013 just watch and see.

You say if healthy, you say I am being silly about 8-8 if the line doesn't keep Russell healthy, history has shown he takes a beating. Nothing silly there, Kam and Earl and at least one CB have been injured the last few years that makes us juggle coverages and as they get older health becomes harder to maintain. History has also shown that our line doesn't seem to mesh until mid season with Cables experimenting practices. Our RB's have yet to make a statement as the identity of this team in the run game due to multiple injuries and is a question mark regardless on whom you favor.

No injuries and yes 12 - 4 or 13 - 3 is very possible, but I have yet to see a physical team not have injuries.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":28oebntt said:
Josea16":28oebntt said:
semiahmoo":28oebntt said:
chris98251":28oebntt said:
Ageing secondary

Lack of Take Aways

No O line Consistency

No proven Running Threat

You say if healthy, you say I am being silly about 8-8 if the line doesn't keep Russell healthy, history has shown he takes a beating. Nothing silly there, Kam and Earl and at least one CB have been injured the last few years that makes us juggle coverages and as they get older health becomes harder to maintain. History has also shown that our line doesn't seem to mesh until mid season with Cables experimenting practices. Our RB's have yet to make a statement as the identity of this team in the run game due to multiple injuries and is a question mark regardless on whom you favor.

No injuries and yes 12 - 4 or 13 - 3 is very possible, but I have yet to see a physical team not have injuries.
It stands to reason the OL will be better just by experience and the fact that they are finally drafting people that actually play the position and play the ZBS also. It also stands to reason not every running back is going to have season ending injuries given Collins, Reece and Lacy have a history of being durable. Just mix Rawls and Procise in spots and you are gold.

Give Wilson a league average OL (which this group looks to be) and good run game he will have this team playing in February. Plus it's quite obvious this team will have far more depth on both sides of the ball since possibly 2013. They nailed this draft in my opinion. And picking up McDougal among a couple other good veterans was sneaky good.

chris98251

Reaction score
It stands to reason the OL will be better just by experience and the fact that they are finally drafting people that actually play the position and play the ZBS also. It also stands to reason not every running back is going to have season ending injuries given Collins, Reece and Lacy have a history of being durable. Just mix Rawls and Procise in spots and you are gold.

Give Wilson a league average OL (which this group looks to be) and good run game he will have this team playing in February. Plus it's quite obvious this team will have far more depth on both sides of the ball since possibly 2013. They nailed this draft in my opinion. And picking up McDougal among a couple other good veterans was sneaky good.

Really.......................

It stands to reason the OL will be better just by experience and the fact that they are finally drafting people that actually play the position and play the ZBS also.

Every position except Center will be a different player or a player switching positions, tell me about that experience and draft picks being average, they will have to learn calls and looks and assignments for that position again, the only experience they will have is they will have seen NFL level players on defense for a season, we were bottom feeders of a line last year, middle of the pack would be a hope if we put the same line in the same positions or even 75 percent of the starters back at the same positions.

It also stands to reason not every running back is going to have season ending injuries given Collins, Reece and Lacy have a history of being durable.

Collins player a hand full of games and was slow and indecisive, doesn't play special teams and may not even make the roster with Davis, Carson, McKissic, Madden competing for the third back, Carson and Davis play Special teams. Lacy has had injuries and other issues, weight which we hope isn't a problem and Leg/ Ankle and a Shoulder injury, Reese is a Fullback not a RB.

Plus it's quite obvious this team will have far more depth on both sides of the ball since possibly 2013. They nailed this draft in my opinion. And picking up McDougal among a couple other good veterans was sneaky good

McDougal was a good pick up and should help, the stable of DB's we Drafted have promise, promise is not a All Pro or a Pro Bowl player which is what we have playing, NFL receivers will eat them up in real time speed and we will have to go thru the school of hard knocks for them to get up to speed, we already have a position on the right side that will have to be filled by someone. If we get into the second half of the season the odds are better we can weather something happening, early on with limited practice and reps and we will have to pay the tuition for those guys learning NFL speed and receivers techniques. That doesn't include our techniques that it seems some DB's can't grasp as proven with Cary Williams.

Also it typically takes a year of time or being Red Shirted for our depth players to be solid contributors.

I am saying we can do fine but history has shown we have issues almost every year, Wilson won't survive another season like last year back to back. Saying that our record will reflect that situation.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":2ov1dsuf said:

It stands to reason the OL will be better just by experience and the fact that they are finally drafting people that actually play the position and play the ZBS also.

Every position except Center will be a different player or a player switching positions, tell me about that experience and draft picks being average, they will have to learn calls and looks and assignments for that position again, the only experience they will have is they will have seen NFL level players on defense for a season, we were bottom feeders of a line last year, middle of the pack would be a hope if we put the same line in the same positions or even 75 percent of the starters back at the same positions.

It also stands to reason not every running back is going to have season ending injuries given Collins, Reece and Lacy have a history of being durable.

Collins player a hand full of games and was slow and indecisive, doesn't play special teams and may not even make the roster with Davis, Carson, McKissic, Madden competing for the third back, Carson and Davis play Special teams. Lacy has had injuries and other issues, weight which we hope isn't a problem and Leg/ Ankle and a Shoulder injury, Reese is a Fullback not a RB.

Plus it's quite obvious this team will have far more depth on both sides of the ball since possibly 2013. They nailed this draft in my opinion. And picking up McDougal among a couple other good veterans was sneaky good

McDougal was a good pick up and should help, the stable of DB's we Drafted have promise, promise is not a All Pro or a Pro Bowl player which is what we have playing, NFL receivers will eat them up in real time speed and we will have to go thru the school of hard knocks for them to get up to speed, we already have a position on the right side that will have to be filled by someone. If we get into the second half of the season the odds are better we can weather something happening, early on with limited practice and reps and we will have to pay the tuition for those guys learning NFL speed and receivers techniques. That doesn't include our techniques that it seems some DB's can't grasp as proven with Cary Williams.

Also it typically takes a year of time or being Red Shirted for our depth players to be solid contributors.

I am saying we can do fine but history has shown we have issues almost every year, Wilson won't survive another season like last year back to back. Saying that our record will reflect that situation.
Hey it's your right to think this team will perform like 2010-11 with Russell Wilson at the helm not TJack which in my opinion is pretty asinine but it's your right as I said before.

depecheSeahawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":33jk4cuu said:
Tough games:

@ GB
ATL
@ DAL

Should win one. Might win two. Conservatively go with 2 losses here

Division games:

4-2. Really it's more likely to be 3-3. That's the historical baseline. But go with 2 losses.

Other seven games. Probably going to lose one or two here. Happens every year. Toughest contests in this group:

@ Tenn
@ NYG
WAS
PHI
HOU

For me, baseline is 10-6. To exceed that, we'd need to win two of the three toughest matchups. And then really hold serve on a lot of the other non divisional games. Division games are always such a crap shoot. 12-4 seems like the top end of the expectation spectrum for me.

If Arizona has a death throes effort from it's aging QB -- it could be really tough to make 4-2 in division. But if he doesn't, and Goff is equally as crappy as he's shown to be thus far -- 5-1 is also a very possible outlook. Thing is though, that we've played plenty of games against bad QB division rivals and have lost. And plenty of wins where we were literally one missed play by our rivals from defeat. So bad QB play doesn't really give me much comfort in those games.

This was pretty much my thoughts when I first saw the schedule.
I'd be happy with 10-6 and division championship.

Like said above, HAF is HUGE. Getting to 12 wins is possible, but ESSENTIAL for a Super Bowl run IMO.

Josea16

Reaction score
:0190l:
depecheSeahawk":1841ee7i said:
Attyla the Hawk":1841ee7i said:
Tough games:

@ GB
ATL
@ DAL

Should win one. Might win two. Conservatively go with 2 losses here

Division games:

4-2. Really it's more likely to be 3-3. That's the historical baseline. But go with 2 losses.

Other seven games. Probably going to lose one or two here. Happens every year. Toughest contests in this group:

@ Tenn
@ NYG
WAS
PHI
HOU

For me, baseline is 10-6. To exceed that, we'd need to win two of the three toughest matchups. And then really hold serve on a lot of the other non divisional games. Division games are always such a crap shoot. 12-4 seems like the top end of the expectation spectrum for me.

If Arizona has a death throes effort from it's aging QB -- it could be really tough to make 4-2 in division. But if he doesn't, and Goff is equally as crappy as he's shown to be thus far -- 5-1 is also a very possible outlook. Thing is though, that we've played plenty of games against bad QB division rivals and have lost. And plenty of wins where we were literally one missed play by our rivals from defeat. So bad QB play doesn't really give me much comfort in those games.

This was pretty much my thoughts when I first saw the schedule.
I'd be happy with 10-6 and division championship.

Like said above, HAF is HUGE. Getting to 12 wins is possible, but ESSENTIAL for a Super Bowl run IMO.
GB and Dallas I agree with. Atlanta is cooked this year Superbowl loser curse and all.

Carolina is going young and Cam is coming off a serious injury for quarterbacks, that division is Tampa Bay's to lose. Not buying Tennessee or the Giants beating the Seahawks or Philadelphia and Washington beating us. Houston might, though extremely unlikely since they are absymal at quarterback.

They're good for 12-4/13-3. Realistically I expect 4-2 in division and 8-2 outside it. 12-4 floor 14-2 ceiling.

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":1vyibqcg said:
chris98251":1vyibqcg said:

Hey it's your right to think this team will perform like 2010-11 with Russell Wilson at the helm not TJack which in my opinion is pretty asinine but it's your right as I said before.

That's the problem if your bothered to really read and not skim. Wilson will NOT be at the helm.