19-0

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
swagcity21":13d0vund said:
I still can't believe we have to go to Carolina AGAIN! its almost like to the schedulers are betting on us to lose this game at some point this decade.
Uh...Carolina is a home game this season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
No team will go 19-0. Ever.

That said.. this team can be really good if all the pieces fall into place. 13-3 looks promising.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
the ONLY thing about the first loss of the season, whenever that may be......not having to listen to people who actually think they are going 19-0 :?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":8e17p898 said:

That said.. this team can be really good if all the pieces fall into place. 13-3 looks promising.
1. Someday you'll eat those words about 19-0.The real question is will you be alive when it happens? I have no idea but trust me it will happen.

2. Interesting, 13-3 that's some nice confidence there. Seriously, because even though I'm usually very confident about our beloved team I'm seeing 11-5 at best and likely 10-6. That's a pretty tough schedule they're up against.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":f923f64i said:
Hasselbeck":f923f64i said:

1. Someday you'll eat those words about 19-0.The real question is will you be alive when it happens? I have no idea but trust me it will happen.

2. Interesting, 13-3 that's some nice confidence there. Seriously, because even though I'm usually very confident about our beloved team I'm seeing 11-5 at best and likely 10-6. That's a pretty tough schedule they're up against.

This is the time of year to be positive, though that's always hard coming off a crushing loss. Last year's schedule was more difficult. We added Jimmy Graham and have 11 draft picks to work with -- more than anyone else. 14-2, baby. :th2thumbs:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2pcfa651 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2pcfa651 said:
Hasselbeck":2pcfa651 said:

I see 10-6 as well. I don't like the situation on either line right now.

OL is a crapshoot . . . has been for the last two years. Marshawn and Russell tend to neutralize the issues with that unit.

DL is at least as strong as it was last season with the potential addition of Mebane. Bennett, Avril, and McDaniel are all set to return. Hill flashed as a pass rusher last year. Dobbs also looked good. Except for Schofield and Williams, who has yet to be signed, we really didn't lose anything on the DL. Schofield was not that great last year at generating pressure on 3rd downs; we can do better. Expect Irvin to take more reps at LEO now that he has added weight . . . he can be a dynamic pass rusher. And then there are the unproven guys (Marsh, J. Williams, Scruggs, etc.) and the draft to add more to this unit beyond what we had last year.

seahawksny

Reaction score
12-4 and another #`1 seed
We will lose
@Baltimore-
@GB- beaten them three straight times- they are due. At home 24-23
@SF- somebody will be hurt and they beat us 17-16 in a poorly played game
@MN- Peterson comes back and they come out of nowhere and shock us. Dont ask me how, just one of those WTF games.

5-1 in division
10-2 in conference

#1 seed again

Seeding will be....

1) Hawks
2) GB
3) Carolina
4) NYG- at 8-8 as East will be pathetic
5) SF- everyone writing them off, thats why they squeak in-
6) NO

Dallas. DET, AZ all miss playoffs

Oh- and NE goes 9-7 with absence of Browner and Revis

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2xgxh4f4 said:
kearly":2xgxh4f4 said:
Whatever the final regular season record ends up being, I just hope that home game on Nov. 29th is a 60-0 win.
I could not agree more.

Amen...I wouldn't mind seeing Rapistberger have an early retirement either.

cacksman

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3g72wb9w said:
Hasselbeck":3g72wb9w said:

The schedule is never what it seems before the season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3ovexiax said:
Hasselbeck":3ovexiax said:

Will never happen in this era. Teams are too even now. Any team can be beat in any weekend.

This isn't college football.. unless the salary cap dies and it goes back to the days of teams loading up rosters... 19-0 will not happen.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1mwxp5va said:
MizzouHawkGal":1mwxp5va said:
Hasselbeck":1mwxp5va said:

Will never happen in this era. Teams are too even now. Any team can be beat in any weekend.

This isn't college football.. unless the salary cap dies and it goes back to the days of teams loading up rosters... 19-0 will not happen.
I find making and actually believing in such absolutes a great way to eat crow as you take a great fall. I'll be here waiting. :snack:

253hawk

Reaction score
It's not just the fact that 19-0 is extremely difficult to pull off, but also the fact that most coaches wouldn't have the hubris (like Belichick) to try for it once they're around 13-0 and have the #1 seed comfortably locked up. They want to keep their starters healthy for the playoffs and not risk injury going for a meaningless record.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":33dggei5 said:
Hasselbeck":33dggei5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":33dggei5 said:
Hasselbeck":33dggei5 said:

I find making and actually believing in such absolutes a great way to eat crow as you take a great fall. I'll be here waiting. :snack:

Considering 19-0 has never happened, and 17-0 happened 43 years ago.. you may be waiting for awhile ;)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Just to put the idea of 19-0 into context, here is some information from Pro-Football-Reference.com...

The NFL seasons go back to 1922.

• In that time, there have been 7 undefeated regular seasons.
    • The 1922 Canton Bulldogs never lost, but tied twice.
    • The 1923 Bulldogs never lost, but tied once.
    • The 1929 Packers never lost, but tied once.

All three of those teams were champions, but there was no actual championship game.
    • The 1934 Bears were undefeated and untied. They lost the championship game to the Giants.
    • The 1942 Bears were undefeated and untied. They lost the championship game to Washington.
    • The 2007 Patriots were undefeated and untied. They lost the championship game to the Giants.

The 1972 Dolphins are the only team in NFL history - 92 seasons - to go undefeated (and untied) and win an actual championship game.

The APFA was the kind of sketchy league that predated the NFL (2 seasons).

• The Akron Pros in 1920 were undefeated but tied three times.

The AAFC was the alternate league that operated in the mid-to-late 1940s (4 seasons, with a maximum of 8 teams).

• The 1948 Browns were undefeated, untied, and won it all.

The AFL never had a team go undefeated (10 seasons, started with 8 teams, maxed at 10).

The USFL never had a team go undefeated (3 seasons, between 12 and 18 teams).

So in 111 seasons of professional football...

• ...there have been a total of 6 teams that actually ended their seasons with no losses.
  • ...there have been a total of 2 teams that ended their seasons with no losses or ties (and actually played a championship game).
  • ...there has been 1 team that did it in the NFL as we know it today.

It's no coincidence that the vast majority of undefeated seasons occurred when the leagues were young and lacked parity, dominated by a small handful of major teams while other teams in the leagues struggled to stay afloat financially.

grizbob

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":u80o1aw1 said:

I've got $1000 that says in your life time there will be a 19-0 team :mrgreen:

Latest posts