1987: Raiders vs Seahawks

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just west coast or nationally, but the NFLN is currently airing this Seahawks Raiders game from 1987 for me. I missed the start but I hit record. I like these old classics (win or lose) they hold a lot of nostalgia

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah they've been showing that game a lot, and the 2022 wildcard with us and the 9ers a lot. Don't care for either, lol!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yeah they've been showing that game a lot, and the 2022 wildcard with us and the 9ers a lot. Don't care for either, lol!

I can skip the Niners...I have it recorded still anyway, but it's recent. Even the games we lose though from the 20th century always are nostalgic for me even when they are big losses.

Msfann

Reaction score
I think this is the same game I've had a copy of for years. They don't go to commercial until damn near halftime. Its waaaaaaaaaaaaaay different than games now.
Though I'm sure its heavily edited to show commercials on nfln.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I can skip the Niners...I have it recorded still anyway, but it's recent. Even the games we lose though from the 20th century always are nostalgic for me even when they are big losses.

Oh I do love the nostalgic element for sure! The uniforms, players, the old announcers, cheesy graphics...Tons of nostalgia! I did watch that Raiders game first time I saw it on NFL Network about a month ago. Damn you Bo Jackson.

Torc

Reaction score
Anyone remember the songs that KZOK and KISW used to do before rival games?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I’ve been watching handful of past Seahawks games on YouTube this year. I have to say that I’m excited about the throwbacks I feel like I didn’t appreciate how sleek the former color scheme was when they switched to the monochromes. I just remember I liked the angrier, updated logo that resonated more with my teen angst.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
One thing that strikes me when I watch those older videos is how many of the fans in the stands are wearing just their normal clothes. Sometimes I'll see some team T-shirts, but relatively few people are even wearing team colors, let alone jerseys or other swag.