Seahawks vs. Philly could be flexed to MNF

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

I'm sure some of have already heard about this, but damn that would suck. Quite a bit of a difference from Sunday afternoon to MNF. Esp. for those who are planning to be there and/or coming from out of town. People who have long since booked flights, hotels etc.
The league has until Dec. 5th at the latest to decide on this.
The Hawks are not exactly lighting it up these days, seems like an odd choice. But, I haven't looked yet at the other matchups. If this has been posted in another thread, please delete.

Anyway, just wanted to pass it along ✌️

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I'm sure some of have already heard about this, but damn that would suck. Quite a bit of a difference from Sunday afternoon to MNF. Esp. for those who are planning to be there and/or coming from out of town. People who have long since booked flights, hotels etc.
The league has until Dec. 5th at the latest to decide on this.
The Hawks are not exactly lighting it up these days, seems like an odd choice. But, I haven't looked yet at the other matchups. If this has been posted in another thread, please delete.

Anyway, just wanted to pass it along ✌️
Arg - I hate the night games.

I was so looking forward to this stupid back to back thursday crap being over and getting back to 'normal' football/redzone sundays -

I really hope they don't flex it.....

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It def. puts a huge damper on scheduling, how much vacation time you take etc. Seems really lame to bump a game from Sunday to Monday.
I know later in the season they can move games to Sunday night. This seems like overkill for a team playing back-to-back Thursday nights, imo.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Even though we lost our last two, there's still sentiment around the league that we are still a decent team. The TNF matchup this week was getting love from the Gameday Final crew last night. It wasn't like, "Well, the lowly Seahawks take on the mighty Cowboys"...It was more like "Here's a good one coming up, the 6-5 Seahawks take on the 8-3 Cowboys..."

Just because we fans think the team is a dumpster fire at the moment, doesn't mean that's the feeling around the NFL.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think they play better when people are counting them out. I hope they have several chips on their shoulders. Cowboys have zero wins over teams with a .500 or better record. I'm also as worried about the refs as I am the Cowboys. Not doing the consipracy thing, but........we are talking about the Cowboys here. Come 4th quarter, if it's a one score game. Scary.

But back on topic, IF we pull this game off on Thursday, I can see the flex happening. Even if I really don't want it to. Sigh

Rat

Reaction score
"You know what would be a great matchup that a lot of people would want to see? The 10-1 reigning NFC Champs against a floundering squad that in the past month has gone 1-3, got blasted by the two good teams they faced, needed a walk-off FG to beat the Commanders at home, and has boasted the offensive potency of the University of Iowa. Let's move it to primetime." ~ NFL execs apparently

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
There are two better alternatives available to flex to MNF that are also scheduled for Sunday afternoon... DAL @ BUF and BAL @ JAX.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't understand what they look at when they flex games. This weekend, there is one helluva matchup between the Eagles and Niners yet they've left it in the afternoon time slot instead of moving it up to SNF or MNF. How many people want to watch the Bengals minus Joe Burrow vs. Jacksonville? Which fan base is bigger, the Jags or the Eagles/Niners?

And I agree with @SoulfishHawk about flexing into a different day, especially from a weekend to a weekday. As a person who lives in E. Washington and has to rent a room anytime I want to see a game, it's a huge inconvenience to make that kind of change in plans on such short notice, likely a deal breaker for a lot of fans.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. And then said fans who can't make the MNF game get to scramble to sell their seats, cancel their flights, rooms etc. Lame

RiverDog

Reaction score
No doubt. And then said fans who can't make the MNF game get to scramble to sell their seats, cancel their flights, rooms etc. Lame
You're preaching to the choir, bro. There's a disconnect between the execs who make these decisions and Joe Six Pack slobs like us. I'm willing to bet that none of those guys have ever had to scratch to find money to buy a ticket, travel 150 miles over a mountain pass in December, then after the game, drive home and go to work on a graveyard shift like I used to do when I had season tickets.

All they care about is maximizing the TV audience and keeping the networks happy. The true fans have to take it between the lower cheeks.

James in PA

Reaction score
I don't understand what they look at when they flex games. This weekend, there is one helluva matchup between the Eagles and Niners yet they've left it in the afternoon time slot instead of moving it up to SNF or MNF. How many people want to watch the Bengals minus Joe Burrow vs. Jacksonville? Which fan base is bigger, the Jags or the Eagles/Niners?

And I agree with @SoulfishHawk about flexing into a different day, especially from a weekend to a weekday. As a person who lives in E. Washington and has to rent a room anytime I want to see a game, it's a huge inconvenience to make that kind of change in plans on such short notice, likely a deal breaker for a lot of fans.
I don't understand how the flexing thing works either. But when it comes to the NFL and networks, there are no doubt a bunch of BS rules involved. It needs to be announced a few weeks in advance. Also, FOX would laugh everyone out of the room if anyone tried to pull PHI SF from them.

Last edited:

OtherNFCWestGuy

Reaction score

The 9er/Philly game is national broadcast at 1PM Pacific. Most (but not all) will get this game throughout the Country. It makes sense they flex one of the other games mentioned that will not already be nationally broadcast.

And please give your team more credit. You can take Dallas and Philly. We need you! Get it done.