2 questions...

Anthony!

Reaction score
minormillikin":2ul1owhi said:
Honest question :

In college, was Wilson a drop back and pass guy, or was he always a run around and pass guy?

Mostly Drop back and ran only when he had to. However he had a much better oline, and much better offensive system. As he has shown he can very very effective from the pocket when given time, and wr that can get open,. The problem is on this team those 2 things do not happen much.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
When Wilson has an ADEQUATE o-line and receivers at the same talent level of his competition, he is godly. Aaron Rodger's esque. We've seen this at the NFL when the two previously stated conditions are met. If he hasn't already been ruined by this team's inability to give him some help, he will get to this level again on a consistent basis. People can cherry pick times when the line had protection and/or he missed open receivers, but not only are they pretty few in occurrence, it's obvious right now he has a mild case of the yips. Who wouldn't. A few odd plays of good protection and actual open receivers do not erase basically a year and half of pure s#%t and him getting his ass kicked. It will take a while, maybe months or an offseason to get back to where he was. Which is sad because one of the things that amazed me about him going way back was his supreme pocket presence and composure when things get hairy. Probably the best I've seen.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Wilson has always relied on his scrambling far too much, in fact last year he spent 33% of the time out of the pocket --- far more than any QB in the NFL. I think with Wilson comes some serious limitations, I don't ever think he will be able to be a conventional passer. If he's going to a force in the NFL he'll need to have a unique offense built around his unique talents and stature. He's never going to be a QB who's good at timing routes, nor is he ever going to be a guy that can manage the pocket.

Everything from our schemes to our lineman to our receivers are going to have to have a unique skillset. We need athletic lineman who can move the pocket on rollouts, and create rushing lanes for Wilson, we need wideouts who excel at coming improvising, and fighting back to the ball, they don't necessarily need to be good route runners.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":1dzcd755 said:
When Wilson has an ADEQUATE o-line and receivers at the same talent level of his competition, he is godly. Aaron Rodger's esque. We've seen this at the NFL when the two previously stated conditions are met. If he hasn't already been ruined by this team's inability to give him some help, he will get to this level again on a consistent basis. People can cherry pick times when the line had protection and/or he missed open receivers, but not only are they pretty few in occurrence, it's obvious right now he has a mild case of the yips. Who wouldn't. A few odd plays of good protection and actual open receivers do not erase basically a year and half of pure s#%t and him getting his ass kicked. It will take a while, maybe months or an offseason to get back to where he was. Which is sad because one of the things that amazed me about him going way back was his supreme pocket presence and composure when things get hairy. Probably the best I've seen.

Great post, Wilson has proven he can throw form the pocket, he is a career 63% complt from the pocket, and qb ratng over 100. He has proven he can throw to any place on the field and any type of throw, fade, timing, back shoulder anything, and he ahs proven he can do it outside the pocket. He has done this with one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL, and the bad part is it has gotten worse from his rookie year top now. There are no limitations on what eh can do, other than those imposed by the play calling and talent. This is all factually proven statements, not opinion all you need to do is go back and look at the games he has played since day one. He has shown he can do all of it. He like all franchise/Elite QBs just needs help and right now he has very little.