2 Year Anniversary

iigakusei

Reaction score
I have often thought about how much more painful it would have been if we lost to the Broncos the year before. For me anyway that helped eased the sting of that finish somewhat. And looking at it now with some perpective, regardless of the idiocy of the play call, what an amazing play by Butler.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
a day that will live in infamy....that game and how it ended still haunts this team and may be responsible for some of the perceived locker room or issues players have with the coaches. just give the ball to beastmode...but nooo lets try and make wilson the hero and mvp. worst call in the history of humanity.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Or there are no issues of the kind, but it just makes for good fan forum banter.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/809632032028377088[/tweet]

Blinders_1.jpg

Bevell's presence on the team is a festering sore of negativity. Unfortunately, no one appears willing to take him off our hands, and Carroll can be loyal to a fault. Who here would be unwilling to exchange Bevell for a fresh start, i.e. Chip Kelly?

seahawksny

Reaction score
This loss was a quick death.
Not nearly as painful as XL when the dagger started d Jacks pushoff. Add another inch into the heart with roethlesberger 2 yard short TD. U get the point.

49 was a shock.
40 was pretty much 60 minutes of torture, yet still close enough to be in game, hence making it harder

40 was far worse for me, and since we won in 48, comparing 49 and 40 is not even close.

NJlargent

Reaction score
XL sucked but I was just so happy to finally be in it.

49 was our chance to go down in history as the first back to back in a long time. One correct play call away from pulling it off. 49 sucked big time. Will always be the worst call in super bowl history and defended nowhere outside of our fan base.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3fow08v0 said:

Blinders_1.jpg

Bevell's presence on the team is a festering sore of negativity. Unfortunately, no one appears willing to take him off our hands, and Carroll can be loyal to a fault. Who here would be unwilling to exchange Bevell for a fresh start, i.e. Chip Kelly?
Not loyal to a fault; just keenly aware that Bevell is the best fit for making his offense work. Everyone can improve, but Bevell will enter his seventh season as the most productive offensive coordinator in Seahawks history.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":gt36qsp2 said:
hawknation2017":gt36qsp2 said:

Blinders_1.jpg

Not loyal to a fault; just keenly aware that Bevell is the best fit for making his offense work. Everyone can improve, but Bevell will enter his seventh season as the most productive offensive coordinator in Seahawks history.

Like Steve Sarkisian . . . and Lane Kiffin before him. Kiff-Sark-Bev: an unholy trinity of disappointment and negativity. Because before Carroll was taking responsibility for Bevell's decision to call that passing play, he was taking responsibility at USC for Lane Kiffin's decision to take Reggie Bush off the field on 4th and 2 in the National Title Game vs. Texas, and then it taking full responsibility for Steve Sarkisian's decision to leave his QB in the whole game with broken fingers on his throwing hand in what has been called the greatest upset in college football history vs. Jim Harbaugh's Stanford. History does tend to repeat itself, at least until you learn from it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Worst playcall in the history of the NFL belongs to Bevell and the Seahawks!

Right Siouxhawk, come here boiiiiiiii.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2vemu9m9 said:
Siouxhawk":2vemu9m9 said:
hawknation2017":2vemu9m9 said:

Blinders_1.jpg

Like Steve Sarkisian . . . and Lane Kiffin before him. Kiff-Sark-Bev: an unholy trinity of disappointment and negativity. Because before Carroll was taking responsibility for Bevell's decision to call that passing play, he was taking responsibility at USC for Lane Kiffin's decision to take Reggie Bush off the field on 4th and 2 in the National Title Game vs. Texas, and then it taking full responsibility for Steve Sarkisian's decision to leave his QB in the whole game with broken fingers on his throwing hand in what has been called the greatest upset in college football history vs. Jim Harbaugh's Stanford. History does tend to repeat itself, at least until you learn from it.
I don't even know how that relates. Didn't Sark take the reins at USC after Pete left? And Kiffin bolted for the pros, didn't he? I don't know what Kiffin's role was in USC's violations regarding the Reggie Bush mess, but that has nothing to do with being a coach in the NFL. Pete holds onto Bevell for the simple reason that he's a strong contributor to the Hawks' success rate.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":hsqozuy1 said:
hawknation2017":hsqozuy1 said:

Blinders_1.jpg

So your saying you wouldnt replace bevell with a guy like kyle shanahan for example?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1tmerc9d said:
hawknation2017":1tmerc9d said:
I don't even know how that relates. Didn't Sark take the reins at USC after Pete left? And Kiffin bolted for the pros, didn't he? I don't know what Kiffin's role was in USC's violations regarding the Reggie Bush mess, but that has nothing to do with being a coach in the NFL. Pete holds onto Bevell for the simple reason that he's a strong contributor to the Hawks' success rate.

Kiff-Sark-Bev are three overrated play callers who brought constant disappointment and negativity to Carroll's teams. History repeating itself. Too bad no one will hire Bevell away from the Seahawks like they did with Kiff-Sark.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bevell has a longer and more impressive track record than Shanahan, so no. Pete wouldn't either as the type of offense he runs doesn't fit the style that Pete prefers.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ujn9lea said:
Bevell has a longer and more impressive track record than Shanahan, so no. Pete wouldn't either as the type of offense he runs doesn't fit the style that Pete prefers.

Of course, not . . . LOL :snack:

07-minister.jpg

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1f4jbsue said:
Siouxhawk":1f4jbsue said:
hawknation2017":1f4jbsue said:

Kiff-Sark-Bev were three overrated play callers who brought constant disappointment and negativity to Carroll's teams. History repeating itself. Too bad no one will hire Bevell away from the Seahawks like they did with Kiff-Sark.
Completely useless comparison. Sark and Kiffin bottomed out with off-the-field issues. How does that relate to Bevell, who's the winningest OC in Seahawk history?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1wb5t829 said:
hawknation2017":1wb5t829 said:
Siouxhawk":1wb5t829 said:
hawknation2017":1wb5t829 said:

Kiff-Sark-Bev were three overrated play callers who brought constant disappointment and negativity to Carroll's teams. History repeating itself. Too bad no one will hire Bevell away from the Seahawks like they did with Kiff-Sark.
Completely useless comparison. Sark and Kiffin bottomed out with off-the-field issues. How does that relate to Bevell, who's the winningest OC in Seahawk history?

Kiff-Sark-Bev all bottomed out because they suck as play callers, despite leaching off Carroll's successes.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1xp7xhl7 said:
hawknation2017":1xp7xhl7 said:
Siouxhawk":1xp7xhl7 said:
hawknation2017 said:

Kiff-Sark-Bev all bottomed out because they suck as play callers, despite leaching off Carroll's successes.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Two Super Bowl appearances under his belt. One championship. 8 playoff wins in 6 years. A winning percentage of nearly 70% with the Hawks. Grooming a future Hall of Fame quarterback. The respect of his team and fellow coaches ...
Na, Bevell's doing a great job and will continue to make the Hawks better.

Crizilla

Reaction score
what pains me the most we will forever have this 1 yard line fail meme attached to the franchise, but........we had arguably a top 5 team of all time the year before.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This team has never gotten over it and most likely never will......

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
If they're not over it, it shows how weak minded they are and probably don't deserve a spot on our roster anyhow. But I highly doubt this is the case in any event.