2 Year Anniversary

The Breh

Reaction score
[/quote]
Two Super Bowl appearances under his belt. One championship. 8 playoff wins in 6 years. A winning percentage of nearly 70% with the Hawks. Grooming a future Hall of Fame quarterback. The respect of his team and fellow coaches ...
[/quote]
Come on man, even you don't believe that. That stems from the exact play we're talking about.
Baldwin, Lynch are the only ones to do it in front of a camera.
Hell-you think he's got Jimmy's respect :roll: or the rest of the team who don't get extensions because of Jimmy's tied up $ ?
And the fact that we don't use him for what kind of production and points he gan give us should be maddening to everybody on the team.
Injuries aside, we are not the same team. Frustration and lack of discipline shown at an all time high this past year...
Bevell shits the bed this year with no repercussions and there will be a mutiny among Hawks fans :evil:

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":c35woyea said:
Bevell has a longer and more impressive track record than Shanahan, so no. Pete wouldn't either as the type of offense he runs doesn't fit the style that Pete prefers.
I dont see how bevell has a better track record than shanahan does. Shanahan has been OC of one of the greatest offenses of all time. He also maximizes talent on the offensive side of the ball and knows how to incorporate players into a scheme to unlock their full potential thats why the falcons are so good on offense. Something bevell fails to do. Seahawks have just won in spite of bevell. I would take a guy like shanahan over bevell in an instant and wouldnt even think twice because you know you are going to get the full potential out of the players.

bevell has had graham for 2 years and hes been a non factor, that is downright pathetic and is a result of bad coaching, go look at what payton and the saints did with jimmy G.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1b4q4zdt said:
If they're not over it, it shows how weak minded they are and probably don't deserve a spot on our roster anyhow. But I highly doubt this is the case in any event.
ROFL @ you calling people weak-minded.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RussB":11t6u069 said:
Siouxhawk":11t6u069 said:
Bevell has a longer and more impressive track record than Shanahan, so no. Pete wouldn't either as the type of offense he runs doesn't fit the style that Pete prefers.
I dont see how bevell has a better track record than shanahan does. Shanahan has been OC of one of the greatest offenses of all time. He also maximizes talent on the offensive side of the ball and knows how to incorporate players into a scheme to unlock their full potential thats why the falcons are so good on offense. Something bevell fails to do. Seahawks have just won in spite of bevell. I would take a guy like shanahan over bevell in an instant and wouldnt even think twice because you know you are going to get the full potential out of the players.

bevell has had graham for 2 years and hes been a non factor, that is downright pathetic and is a result of bad coaching, go look at what payton and the saints did with jimmy G.
You're looking at one grand year from Shanahan. I was writing more in terms of career accomplishments.
Moreso to the point though is the fit each coordinator has with his respective offense. Obviously the Hawks and their personnel and philosophy of the head coach won't resemble the Falcons. We're a ball-control, low-risk brand of offense that feeds off the defense, while they're more or less the other way around. It's different principles and each coach thrives in their own specific environment.

And calling Graham a nonfactor is pretty shortsighted, especially considering his recovery from a serious injury that we just learned today had a 70 percent chance of sidelining him for the entire season. It's a credit to him just to get back into the lineup and what we got from him on the field was gravy.

RiverDog

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3vb1c95f said:
I truly will never understand the "leave too much time on the clock" argument. They hiked that ball with 26 seconds left. Give it Marshawn, take four seconds off the clock and take the lead. Then kick it to the five yardline (they won't call fair catch to save the time). Probably another six seconds comes off the clock. If Tom Brady can take it and go 30 yards (assuming the kickoff return gets all the way out to the 30 yard line) in 16 seconds (yes I realize they had two timeouts) against what is supposed to be an all world defense then you tip your cap and go at it in overtime.

So so so damn frustrating.

As far as leaving too much time on the clock goes, it was a fair concern. New England had at least one timeout left, and would have had at least 3 plays to get into FG position. We lost a playoff game in Atlanta under similar circumstances. I agree that it would have been very long odds for that to happen, but we had an opportunity to close out the game if we ran more than one play.

The official excuse for the play call was that being that it was 2nd down with one timeout remaining, we were going to have to pass on one of those plays if we were to insure ourselves of 3 plays. Had we ran on 2nd down and not made it, we would have had to burn our final TO then be forced to pass on 3rd down. And actually, the play call worked to the extent that we fooled the Patriots into thinking that we were going to run the ball, so they had their run stopping defense on the field when we had a passing offense in the game. It was a favorable matchup on paper.

Personally I would have been good with a running play on 2nd down, call timeout if we don't get in, then push all our chips to the center of the table for one final walk off play on 3rd down, or some other pass play that gave Russell a few more options than a quick slant in a crowed field to our #3 or #4 receiver.

Oh, well. If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think winning a SB will get rid of a lot of this negativity.

To me XL was much worse. Took us decades to get there......then we outplayed them for the first half, then Manual gets hurt and Leavy bones us dry. It took 9 long years to get back to one.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":3b063vik said:

To me XL was much worse. Took us decades to get there......then we outplayed them for the first half, then Manual gets hurt and Leavy bones us dry. It took 9 long years to get back to one.
I still, to this day, have not watched that game again and I NEVER will. We were ROBBED!!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The difference between SB40 and SB49 to me was that SB40 was out of the Seahawks hands. There was nothing they could do to change the outcome. The refs played a bigger part in that game than they should have.

While in SB49, everything was in the Seahawks hands. They just made a big mistake at the end. It's something that is going in history as the worst call ever. Everyone (except the terrible towel fans) know that the Seahawks jobbed in SB40. Everyone also knows the Seahawks jobbed themselves in SB49. That's why SB49 loss makes it worse for me than SB40.

soxhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":3vb9z7as said:
Beating a dead horse obviously - but the media perspective is that it was the worst play call ever not to run the ball.
I still maintain throwing it was a fine play....but why oh why a slant to Lockette.
Russ has proven he has trouble accurately throwing it - and why Lockette?
It was a clear case of the playcaller trying to be too smart "they will never see it coming".

So true. Why of all people Lockette? He should've been the next option after throwing it out of the end zone. Would've been best to sneak it or give it to BeastMode. Uggh.....

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Every time I see Bevell's mug...well I think of that play. This team hasn't been the same since.

Give credit to Butler for making a great player. Also give credit to Butler for pushing Kearse out of bounds on that crazy catch. If he assumes the pass was incomplete and walks away ( Ala Vikes Defender and Antonio Freeman on MNF), Kearse could've got up and raced to the endzone.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Kearse pretty much takes himself out of bounds. I understand that was his first reaction, but if he pops up and steps toward the end zone, it would take a lunging tackle by Butler to get him down.

Largent80

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1of9kv6y said:
The difference between SB40 and SB49 to me was that SB40 was out of the Seahawks hands. There was nothing they could do to change the outcome. The refs played a bigger part in that game than they should have.

While in SB49, everything was in the Seahawks hands. They just made a big mistake at the end. It's something that is going in history as the worst call ever. Everyone (except the terrible towel fans) know that the Seahawks jobbed in SB40. Everyone also knows the Seahawks jobbed themselves in SB49. That's why SB49 loss makes it worse for me than SB40.

Ummm the SEAHAWKS had a big lead that they pissed away, y'all focus on one play in a plethora of them that led to the loss.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Largent80":3aamq84s said:
hawkfan68":3aamq84s said:

Ummm the SEAHAWKS had a big lead that they pissed away, y'all focus on one play in a plethora of them that led to the loss.

You're correct but even after pissing away the lead, they still had a great opportunity to win the game. That's why that play is more remembered than it should be. That's why it stings more for me, they were so close.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":fv046tem said:
Largent80":fv046tem said:

I still, to this day, have not watched that game again and I NEVER will. We were ROBBED!!

And people can tell me to get my tinfoil hat all they want, I doubt that anything will ever convince me that the theft wasn't intentional and orchestrated.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Bitter":3b494h7k said:
Seahwkgal":3b494h7k said:
Largent80":3b494h7k said:

And people can tell me to get my tinfoil hat all they want, I doubt that anything will ever convince me that the theft wasn't intentional and orchestrated.
Yep. Worst game ever. I literally lost it emotionally after that game. SB 49, not even a tear. It sucked that we lost but DAMN that was an exciting game. I have watched it 3 times since. Of course nothing beats 48 and the 43-8 spanking we handed the Donkeys. All of my non Seahawk fan friends thought it was a boring game though.