2013-14 EPL Season

Hawkspur

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":flaetg5f said:
Flanagan - Destroyer of managers.

Fantastic finish, but wouldn't it be nice to be left all alone straight in front of goal while 5 defenders stand by the front post gaping at the ball.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2rqhknef said:
InSuarezWeTrust":2rqhknef said:
Flanagan - Destroyer of managers.

Fantastic finish, but wouldn't it be nice to be left all alone straight in front of goal while 5 defenders stand by the front post gaping at the ball.

lets not forget Henderson's back heel meg that promised the cross.

just an awful day for your Spurs. (not to rub it in)

I'm still a bit in shock, to be honest, about the days events. Liverpool supporters were in a panic about the Spurs moves this summer. and now, one fateful Sunday in December seems to have foresaken one set of supporters while finally allowing another to bask (albeit for a short amount of time) in a glimmer of hope wrought from patience.

Spurs and Southampton will always be clubs I refuse to root against (unless it somehow serves Liverpool). I genuinely hope the fans are rewarded with a positive hire.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3e0yqy1n said:
So you're posting arsenal fan videos now?

Such a twat...

Gate, my nature has nothing to do with you. To be honest I couldnt care less about you or your thoughts on any of this. I'm a fan if the league and sport. Yesterday was an important game in the sport and City did everything to assert themselves as league favorites and European contenders. If some irrational fanboy of Arsenal keeps on about his team after giving up a touchdown worth of goals than good for him. No one will take that seriously.

Identifying your shit defense and calling on the need to get things fixed would have been "rationale"... But that's just not in your nature

If you could care less about my thoughts or opinions, then why take the time to respond to them? Seems like a waste of time for you to type and me to read what you type.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ahbfzpd said:
Spurs have talent in that squad. A good player's coach (MON?) could get good results out of them.

Jamie Redknapp - while a good player for Liverpool - is an absolutely terrible pundit. I feel your pain, Spur, I really do. If Gatehawk knows what's good for him, he'll stay clear of making ANY sort of sneid remarks about Spurs' fortunes of late.

I don't need to say anything, all it does is bring a smile to my face, I don't have any reason to pile on.

I will say Spurs should hire this guy as the new manager:

spurs_2635297a.jpg

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2qqgl6m2 said:
Uncle Si":2qqgl6m2 said:
So you're posting arsenal fan videos now?

Such a twat...

Gate, my nature has nothing to do with you. To be honest I couldnt care less about you or your thoughts on any of this. I'm a fan if the league and sport. Yesterday was an important game in the sport and City did everything to assert themselves as league favorites and European contenders. If some irrational fanboy of Arsenal keeps on about his team after giving up a touchdown worth of goals than good for him. No one will take that seriously.

Identifying your shit defense and calling on the need to get things fixed would have been "rationale"... But that's just not in your nature

If you could care less about my thoughts or opinions, then why take the time to respond to them? Seems like a waste of time for you to type and me to read what you type.

Two things dippy..
Its an internet forum, what else would we do. Two. You asked me what I thought of some arsenal fanboy.

Its like debating a 12 year old girl

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1aqdkous said:
Ted Lasso is supposedly on Levy's shortlist...

Spurs' next interim manager. They're all interim managers.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Suarez signs new contract... weekly pay now nearer Rooney, Gerrard, etc.

Great news for Liverpool. I'm sure a buy out clause has been included (which protects the player and the club)

But better, just great news for Suarez. Since his return from ban he has arguably been one of the best 2-3 players in the world. He's amassed a single yellow, been in the headlines for all the right reasons and is single handedly carrying Liverpool. I'd say he has earned this.

Should we open a Jan transfer rumour/signing thread (Gate?)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":suwstym2 said:
And I just can't seem to get enough Suarez!

Du-du-du-du-du-du-du-du-DUN-DUN LUIS SUAREZ

Best player in the Premier League and it isn't even close. Also, when Sterling learns how to finish better, he's going to be world class. Henderson looks fantastic, Allen is playing with much more confidence, Sakho looks great, Agger and Kelly are back, Sturridge on the way back soon, Coutinho creative as ever. Our cup runneth over. Only question is....do we put Gerrard right back into the lineup when he's fit? I'm not so sure. Henderson plays his best football without Gerrard in the side, and I hate to mess with a winning formula. Tough call.

Just brilliant from him today. . best in the prem... Best in the world?

Sterling has come alive. Really impressed with his work rate, decisions and off ball movement.

I say Gerrard comes off the bench. And I think Rodgers will do that. Henderson has turned into a different player without Gerrard.

Depth will be the key in January. New winger (Salah), outside back and holding mid.

Top of the table (for now)... Couple tough away games coming up...but great first half so far

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think we're well in the hunt regardless...

Worst case scenario we're 6-7 points off the top, no more than 4-5 from second with every top challenge outside United at An field the second half

Still 2-4 points would be brilliant

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Big match for Arsenal today with Chelsea coming in and I do think the result will depend on which Chelsea show up, cause are in a better position having 9 days to recover from the loss to City whereas Chelsea had to play in the Capital One Cup, not to mention Chelsea seem to have a identity crisis of different kinds every week as one week they look unstoppable, the next they look like a decent side and the next they're running around like chicken's with their heads cut off.

I think it's even safe to say that the "Special One" doesn't even know which Chelsea is the real one. If anything I'd say the best thing for Chelsea will be a draw, Arsenal have to be motivated to prove that last game was nothing more than a freak result. With Walcott looking fully fit(lets face it, his 2 goals vs City were not like the usual Walcott goals they were great goals by him), Podolski appearing set to return and a rumor I noticed floating around that Koscielny might actually be good to go, Arsenal just might take this and jump back on top of the table heading into Christmas, draw and they'll only be in 2nd on goal difference(cue the Suarez-Arsenal jokes if that happens). If they don't win it'll be the first time since September 14th(Ozil's first EPL match interestingly enough) that the Gunners will finish a game outside of 1st place.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
One phrase describes that first half: WHAT THE HELL MIKE DEAN! In the span of 1 minute he missed a obvious red card and a possible penalty.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":31upn9g1 said:
One phrase describes that first half: WHAT THE HELL MIKE DEAN! In the span of 1 minute he missed a obvious red card and a possible penalty.

"Possible" (probable) red card (anything's possible in the PL)... I didnt think it was a penalty. Too soft for a game of this magnitude. not a flop... but not a pen.

Credit to Dean... he's letting them have a go. But Mikel should count himself lucky on that one. Seen worse go uncarded, but also seen that as marching papers. I think Dean wants the game to finish without a pen and 11 aside. to that, he's trying to keep himself out of it.

Kocielny got some pay back along the side line, dragging those 6 metal studs across someone's upper thigh. Not sure he even got a yellow.

Dean will probably tighten it up in the 2nd. look for more yellows, maybe a soft red if the tackles stay harsh.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Chelsea should've been down to 9 men at least after two dangerous tackles on Arteta's ankles. Pretty much Mike Dean cost Arsenal 2 points.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
In my opinion, Dean should've given the free kick and sent Mikel off for this reckless challenge or given the penalty, not ignored both of them and didn't even book Mikel when play finally stopped. That was what pissed me off the most. Especially since Dean was 3 FEET FROM THE CHALLENGE!

I'll take the point as Arsenal deserved that at least(Chelsea deserved squat though), Arsenal could even end up back in top spot with Liverpool and City facing off on Boxing Day, it's only goal difference that sees Liverpool top the league.

Probably the high point of that match was towards the end when Arsenal fans at the match started a "Boring Boring Chelsea" chant, which was ironic considering that it used to be "Boring Boring Arsenal".

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2m29ydfn said:
Gatehawk":2m29ydfn said:
Chelsea should've been down to 9 men at least after two dangerous tackles on Arteta's ankles. Pretty much Mike Dean cost Arsenal 2 points.

You're a whiney idiot.

Anyway, Top of the league on Christmas! If history is anything to go by, that puts us in pretty good stead for the rest of the way. Now, I'm under no illusions - city and Chelsea seem the teams to beat, but anything's possible. As expected, Arsenal are starting to fade. Just not enough goals in that team.

If I'm ambitious, I'd say Liverpool to edge City out for the league title, with Chelsea finishing 3rd, Arsenal 4th, Everton 5th, Newcastle 6th and United 7th.

Keeping it real, I'd say City win the league, with Chelsea 2nd, Liverpool 3rd, Arsenal 4th, Everton 5th, Newcastle 6th and United 7th.

You shouldn't get too far ahead of yourself, Liverpool have never won the league when leading at Christmas.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2othre8e said:
Don't kid yourself, it's still Boring Boring Arsenal.

So Arsenal were boring yet Chelsea were only interested in attacking every 10 minutes and Mourinho even took off his only true striker towards the end.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":193nhfdq said:
peachesenregalia":193nhfdq said:
Don't kid yourself, it's still Boring Boring Arsenal.

So Arsenal were boring yet Chelsea were only interested in attacking every 10 minutes and Mourinho even took off his only true striker towards the end.

And Arsenal had no response. Could have had the red. Thats not a pen in my u17 premier league let alone the Barclay's.

One decent opportunity the whole game. Giroud looks average, Walcott out of place, Wenger out managed...

The squad looks thin...

On the other side not surprised by Mourinho... Just knows how to put the opposition under. Away points are vital and he got one

Big game on boxing day. Actually looking forward to it

Latest posts