2013-14 EPL Season

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":14prd1z5 said:
Big game on boxing day. Actually looking forward to it

And if you don't win and Arsenal do, Liverpool are back to square one.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":87imada6 said:
Uncle Si":87imada6 said:

Square one is zero points you fool..

I won't pull out the two predicted results tables because you've not the mental capacity to follow them, but Liverpool could drop the next two, complete the season in the same fashion as last year (or the first half of this) and finish above arsenal and just below city

Your team is leaking...as Mourinho taunted yesterday. And like them you can't handle it

You neednt worry about Liverpool. You should be worried about your club sagging yet again at its bigger challenges.

Liverpools turn.. We will see how we stand on merits

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1nt8zqxw said:
Gatehawk":1nt8zqxw said:
Uncle Si":1nt8zqxw said:

Square one is zero points you fool..

I won't pull out the two predicted results tables because you've not the mental capacity to follow them, but Liverpool could drop the next two, complete the season in the same fashion as last year (or the first half of this) and finish above arsenal and just below city

Your team is leaking...as Mourinho taunted yesterday. And like them you can't handle it

You neednt worry about Liverpool. You should be worried about your club sagging yet again at its bigger challenges.

Liverpools turn.. We will see how we stand on merits

Square one in what I'm saying is second place behind Arsenal you fool, draw and you'll be right back where you were before this past weekend, 2 points behind Arsenal.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
I lost my Liverpool shirt……Found it on top of the table :)

January is going to be an exciting month. Liverpool trying to beat away challengers to the top spot on the table as well as the transfer window. Who wouldn't want to come play with a club in the top 4 of English football with the most in form Striker IN THE WORLD right now?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gate you're an idiot..drawing at City would put us at square one? 18 games in?

Such a tool

Again won't explain the comparative fixture list because you're too dense to grasp it

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":t3nq65zh said:
Gate you're an idiot..drawing at City would put us at square one? 18 games in?

Such a tool

Again won't explain the comparative fixture list because you're too dense to grasp it

2 things

1) I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE WHOLE SEASON YOU DUMBASS!
2) THAT COMPARATIVE FIXTURE LIST IS A LOAD OF POINTLESS BULLSHIT! SO STOP USING THAT CRAP IN YOUR ARGUMENTS!

GOD YOU ARE SO ANNOYING IN TRYING TO CALL ME AN IDIOT!

I DON'T EVEN CARE IF I GET IN TROUBLE! I'VE HAD IT WITH SI'S ASININE ATTITUDE TOWARDS MY REMARKS!

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gate. Relax. The Comparative fixture list is a perfectly legitimate way to measure team success/progress. Is it the only way? No. Its the way Si prefers, let him have that.

Are you an idiot? Not sure, but I think its more being naive that leads to your arguments that can tend to be seen as whiny.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
All caps? You are an idiot.... And type like a 14 year old girl texts her boyfriend.

To suggest comparative fixtures is bs just shows what an idiot you truly are.

The caps lock was a nice touch though. I could feel your tears

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":29uwbi91 said:
Gate. Relax. The Comparative fixture list is a perfectly legitimate way to measure team success/progress. Is it the only way? No. Its the way Si prefers, let him have that.

Are you an idiot? Not sure, but I think its more being naive that leads to your arguments that can tend to be seen as whiny.

Dont bother ISWT

the thing is its not even the way I "prefer"... its just another way to look at it. Doesnt take much to look at the existing table and see who is top. it takes a bit more (and becomes far more interesting) if you start peering ahead to who plays who, where, when and how they matched up the first time around (or even last year).

It doesnt fit into Ms. Gate's current doctrine of unequated arsenal fan boy(girl)dom, so it makes him "grrr, so angry"

oh wait , "GRRR SO ANGRY!!!"

Its the same reason why he's on here whining about non red cards or pen calls every match that doesnt go Arsenal's way. Same reason he would think Liverpool drawing at Etihad is somehow "back to square one" (because he thinks being second despite drawing a point at a place his team dropped 5 goals (maybe 6) is somehow a step back because the current table says so).

or, as Mourinho said:

"They like to cry - that's tradition"

anyways... on to what matters... Lets go your Reds!

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Halftime. We can play with City. Get Skrtel off for anyone basically and its probably still 1-1.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":2iqo6tko said:
Halftime. We can play with City. Get Skrtel off for anyone basically and its probably still 1-1.

agonizing... so close.

Running out of time...

ran out of time.

Good account of ourselves. Very good match. Sterling should have been given the clean through early on but the linesman blew it. we just missed our opportunities in the end.

its not 6-2, but its not 3 points either.

the mindset is right. on to Chelsea.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":amp31mmm said:
UK_Seahawk":amp31mmm said:
No way are they better than Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea.

We will know more about all these teams by the end of the month. To make any assertions now is hyperbole at best, nonsense the least.

Here we are at halfway.

1 Arsenal P 18 GD 18 Pts 39
2 Man City P 18 GD 32 Pts 38
3 Chelsea P 18 GD 15 Pts 37
4 Liverpool P 18 GD 22 Pts 36

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":22cx1sj0 said:
Uncle Si":22cx1sj0 said:
UK_Seahawk":22cx1sj0 said:
No way are they better than Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea.

We will know more about all these teams by the end of the month. To make any assertions now is hyperbole at best, nonsense the least.

Here we are at halfway.

1 Arsenal P 18 GD 18 Pts 39
2 Man City P 18 GD 32 Pts 38
3 Chelsea P 18 GD 15 Pts 37
4 Liverpool P 18 GD 22 Pts 36

not quite halfway, one more big game at the top of the table (Liverpool at Chelsea) to ound out the first 19.

Great start to the whole thing though. United, Everton, Newcastle and Spurs lurking. To be fair, Arsenal have been the most consistent team thus far and deserve the one point advantage.

Liverpool would do well to nic atleast a point at the bridge. That would keep them within 5 of the top with home games against everyone but United in the top half the second time through

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":10vbhyfo said:
What is the point of Victor Moses?

you know in theory he makes sense, but the way the team has been playing we really dont even "need" wingers. We usually let them cut in (how often do you see Coutinho and Sterling running around near Suarez) instead of playing the touch line.

BR has some thinking to do this january. lots of links to true wingers, but I can see them nabbing a player like Salah, or a true CAM that can be swung out wide.

Either way, that player is depth. young sterling and Coutinho have mixed well with the emergence of Joe Allen and especially Jordan Henderson. Add a healthy Sturridge to the mix and this team is very very good.

I see our January focused on wing backs (did think Cissokho played well today though, good for him), wing depth (Salah seems dead on) and a holding/defensive mid

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":31v9eg8k said:

That's why Liverpool arent genuine contenders, they have decent starters (except the defence) but no real in depth quality.

If they lost Suarez they would be fighting with Everton, Tottenham and the very poor United for the Thursday night fixtures as per usual.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":64c7ck3b said:
InSuarezWeTrust":64c7ck3b said:

That's why Liverpool arent genuine contenders, they have decent starters (except the defence) but no real in depth quality.

If they lost Suarez they would be fighting with Everton, Tottenham and the very poor United for the Thursday night fixtures as per usual.

not title contenders? I think it would take a massive effort for us to win the title, but its not impossible.

the third highest goal scorer in the prem is sitting on our bench for another 2 weeks. the Jan window is about to open and we have all the tough matches at Anfield.

Depth is an issue (outside of City who could lose their top player and not expect to drop down to 5th-8th?) Return from injury and a decent January will fix it. Still think this is Citys to lose though

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
For the record I don't think we are title contenders either. Ill take an Arsenal 4th place trophy at the end of the season.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1kwjx5jj said:
UK_Seahawk":1kwjx5jj said:
InSuarezWeTrust":1kwjx5jj said:

not title contenders? I think it would take a massive effort for us to win the title, but its not impossible.

the third highest goal scorer in the prem is sitting on our bench for another 2 weeks. the Jan window is about to open and we have all the tough matches at Anfield.

Depth is an issue (outside of City who could lose their top player and not expect to drop down to 5th-8th?) Return from injury and a decent January will fix it. Still think this is Citys to lose though

Who are Arsenal's and Chelsea's best players? They don't really have stand out players that are head and shoulders above their team mates. Liverpool have all their eggs in the Suarez basket.