2013 Prime Time Games

kmedic

Reaction score
Now that RW and the Hawks are on everyone's radar, I'm guessing that we'll be scheduled for more prime time games next season than ever.

Just looking at the schedule, I'm seeing up to 7 possible prime time games:

SF
@SF
Indy (RW vs. Andrew Luck)
New Orleans (Battle of the 6 foot and under QB's)
@NY (RW vs. Eli Manning)
@Atlanta (rematch of NFC divisional game)
@Houston (top NFC vs. top AFC)

We'll probably get around 5, a combination of Thursday, Sunday night, and Monday night games.

Thoughts?

leea35

Reaction score
I can see a primetime San Fran game, Atlanta (rematch of playoffs), Colts (Luck vs Wilson), and possibly St. Louis.

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
If I was a network producer I would think that New Orleans game has gotta look so enticing. 2 high octane offenses, the 2 "short" star QB's, Sean Payton vs. Pete Carroll, etc., plus at home in the CLINK. Awesome!

davidonmi

Reaction score
I would think one (maybe two SF games)
at Atl. (gaurantee)
NO (likely not gaurantee)
and maybe Houston

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Don't forget.. NBC could throw Seattle on Thanksgiving Night too. That game doesn't have to be Dallas/Detroit

I think we're getting 4.

- 2 NBC
- 1 MNF
- 1 TNF

Claden

Reaction score
I think at least three. With 49ers being one.

JonRud

Reaction score
Does next year's Superbowl in NJ count as a prime time game?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Forget home games, we should be hoping @NY, @Atlanta, @Houston. As many early starts as possible off the docket and into prime time.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
We may be the Seahawks, but we're also a team the entire nation was talking about for quite a while this season, all the while noticing that almost every game we play in is damned close. If anything, the back and forth in Atlanta, showing that even in a blowout they won't have to change the channel to find a close competitive game is good for us. It tells them we're money for viewing profits. And that means prime time games.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":304yezr3 said:
Forget home games, we should be hoping @NY, @Atlanta, @Houston. As many early starts as possible off the docket and into prime time.

Along those same lines, while not 'national' games, we should hope some of those will end up as Fox's game of the week. The @STL I expect fully to be in that slot. I imagine that the Atlanta rematch will be an SNF game (if the Falcons won the Super Bowl I'd even pencil it in as the opening NFL game in my head), and I think the Houston game will get a MNF slot but both of them should still get kicked back to the 1PM time at worst (Houston game being on CBS, though) because they'll still be worthy of national coverage even if they're not in primetime.