Wk 13- BUF
Wk 14- PHI
Wk 15- @ GB (Monday Night)
Wk 16- @ SF
Wk 17- AZ

RedAlice

Reaction score
Davidess":2j0k4v81 said:
I mainly picked the Rams as the first game seeing as we normally start against a divisional team. Totally forgot it would be the first game in LA.

I will be surprised if Hawks are @Rams again game 1 this year.

It is the first game back in LA, in the Coliseum. We are supposed to have old school LA Rams players run out of the tunnel again (Youngblood, etc).

I think it will be the Niners for this. Old school rivalry.

Hawks will be second or third LA home game.

eta: It's also most likely the Hawks @LA game will be primetime on TNF or SNF.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't care I'm just happy the Rams are in Los Angeles like they should be. No damn Midwest division games. We're coming for you Alice.;)

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Crizilla":3dw4znqw said:
I'm just looking forward to playing the rams in the collesium at 1pm (if its not a prime time game). The whole 10am start in st luois gave me rally bad vibes. That stadium. The announcers everytime we played there. The lack of fans. Ew. Time to start a clean slate.

Sucks we still have to look at Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams on the sideline, though

True, That move eliminates one 10am start a year. Which is significant, since the rams always play us tough anyways, getting them on normal time can only help.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Fewer miles travelled, fewer time zones changed, and finally a road game in a city lots of people would want to travel to.

I look forward to the Rams being in LA again.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":3ckod0p7 said:
Davidess":3ckod0p7 said:
I mainly picked the Rams as the first game seeing as we normally start against a divisional team. Totally forgot it would be the first game in LA.

It is the first game back in LA, in the Coliseum. We are supposed to have old school LA Rams players run out of the tunnel again (Youngblood, etc).

Gave some thought to this one too...I think you are correct. They would want to make the game an easy match and as bad as SF is at the moment...this would be the best for them Rams.

:3-1: :16:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":lklm76cr said:
RedAlice":lklm76cr said:
Davidess":lklm76cr said:

Gave some thought to this one too...I think you are correct. They would want to make the game an easy match and as bad as SF is at the moment...this would be the best for them Rams.

:3-1: :16:

Agree with RedAlice too.

Hawks fans weren't in the division for it so they might not know but the Rams/9ers rivalry for most 9ers fans of a certain age might even be a bigger deal than 9ers/Cowboys.

They can also tie that to the history of the Rams in Los Angeles, play off the Norcal v. SoCal thing, and most importantly 9ers @ LA is definitely the easiest game on the Rams' schedule, and the league I'm sure would prefer for the Rams to open the season with a win.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wouldn't that all make a good argument for a prime time game, not necessarily a Week 1 game (though Week 1 might be a good idea, they may not want to blow all of their storylines at once).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ not mutually exclusive. Give 9ers @ Rams Sunday night (save Thursday and Monday for games that matter) and you also get to cross off two bad teams for more nationally televised games down the line next year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RedAlice":1124h42z said:

It'll be interesting to see how many more games the Rams get in primetime now that they're in LA, my guess is at least 2-3 more.

One thing I do know, the majority of Rams home games will be 30-40% other teams fans.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zg5m6ijt said:
RedAlice":zg5m6ijt said:

It'll be interesting to see how many more games the Rams get in primetime now that they're in LA, my guess is at least 2-3 more.

One thing I do know, the majority of Rams home games will be 30-40% other teams fans.

Getting to the Coliseum during rush hour traffic for a 5 oclock thursday night kick. They'll be lucky to get 30K in the stadium at kickoff

mikeak

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":93ncip1o said:
And here's mine...

Wk 1- LA
Wk 2- @ TB
Wk 3- ATL
Wk 4- @ ARI (Sunday Night)
Wk 5- SF
Wk 6- BYE
Wk 7- @ NE (Monday Night)
Wk 8- @ NO
Wk 9- MIA
Wk 10- @ LA
Wk 11- CAR (Sunday Night)
Wk 12- @ NYJ
Wk 13- BUF
Wk 14- PHI
Wk 15- @ GB (Monday Night)
Wk 16- @ SF
Wk 17- AZ

Just grabbed on so not picking on yours :)

To many non-division games late. The NFL pushes heavily on division game towards the end of the season

I would expect 4 out of the 5 last games to be SF, Arz, Rams

HawkGA

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2xjw920o said:
^^^^ not mutually exclusive. Give 9ers @ Rams Sunday night (save Thursday and Monday for games that matter) and you also get to cross off two bad teams for more nationally televised games down the line next year.

They aren't mutually exclusive but I seem to recall the league once saying they liked to put good games in certain time slots but not necessarily games that would otherwise attract decent audiences at regular times.

Not saying that would apply in this case but it might.

That said, if I'm the league's, I'm probably making the opening day game a 9ers-Rams game because I think:

a) Rams should have their first game at home to celebrate being in LA
b) 9ers would be the most fitting matchup for the first game
c) I think the "storyline" of 9ers-Rams gets lost if you try to do it later in the season.

In fact, (not to turn this into a Rams post) but I would try to cycle all three home divisional games for the Rams early in the season. Probably can't do 3 straight at home, but should probably do 2 home, 1 away, and then home again.

So back to the Seahawks, I would probably have the Seahawks at home in Week 1 and in LA Week 2.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
HawkGA":2wfpd9r8 said:
Popeyejones":2wfpd9r8 said:

They aren't mutually exclusive but I seem to recall the league once saying they liked to put good games in certain time slots but not necessarily games that would otherwise attract decent audiences at regular times.

That said, if I'm the league's, I'm probably making the opening day game a 9ers-Rams game because I think:

c) I think the "storyline" of 9ers-Rams gets lost if you try to do it later in the season.

In fact, (not to turn this into a Rams post) but I would try to cycle all three home divisional games for the Rams early in the season. Probably can't do 3 straight at home, but should probably do 2 home, 1 away, and then home again.

So back to the Seahawks, I would probably have the Seahawks at home in Week 1 and in LA Week 2.

Why would you want them to have 3 home divisional games that early?

HawkGA

Reaction score
gowazzu02":26gtrutw said:
HawkGA":26gtrutw said:
Popeyejones":26gtrutw said:

Why would you want them to have 3 home divisional games that early?

Basically introducing the division to the new city. You know, before we know for sure which teams suck and fans lose interest. Try to get some rivalries with the cities going as soon as possible.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ The issue is that the league has expressed that divisional games will be more towards the end of the season. This is done to make sure the value of the games is increased and to keep games relevant. This has been proven to be a good formula over the last few years (from the perspective that most games in the last two weeks were relevant).

They will not move away from this concept just because a team moved. Do I agree that Rams-49ers may be the opening game --- absolutely. I think that is a great matchup within the state of California and I think they will do that. But the other Rams divisional games will be pushed towards the latter half of the season

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Erebus":25byfjb1 said:
Wk 1 - @LA
Wk 2 - @TB
Wk 3 - CAR
Wk 4 - BYE
Wk 5 - MIA
Wk 6 - @NO
Wk 7 - BUF
Wk 8 - ARI (Monday night)
Wk 9 - @SF (Thursday night)
Wk 10 - ATL
Wk 11 - @ARI
Wk 12 - SF
Wk 13 - @NYJ
Wk 14 - PHI
Wk 15 - @NE (Sunday night)
Wk 16 - LA
Wk 17 - @GB

This is satire, but only slightly. We'll start out with our southern games early when it's still hot, with the Rams pass rush getting an early advantage against our new offensive line. Once again we'll have to wait for week 3 for our home opener, but it will be against another good pass rush getting their shots in before our line gels.

We'll get stuck with the early bye. We'll actually get a home game after the bye, but it will be an easy team, so the advantage won't matter that much. And then we'll have a Thursday road game following a Monday night game (yes I know they don't do that, but they might make an exception for us). And our three coldest games will be saved for the end of the season.

Not that it will probably matter, but every Week 17 game is a division game. ;)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Week 1 open Sunday 1pm against Carolina.

Week 2 10am start Tamp bay.

Week 3 10am game in Miami.

Somewhere in the middle we will play Thursday night in AZ. Early part of the season while Palmer is still healthy.

Week 10 will be 10am in Buffalo.

The last 4 games of the season will include 2 away games, probably back to back against NE (prime time) and Green Bay 10am.

The rest is just fluff and fill.

I'll explain my formula after the schedule comes out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RichNhansom":juhgtxo1 said:

Somewhere in the middle we will play Thursday night in AZ. Early part of the season while Palmer is still healthy.

The last 4 games of the season will include 2 away games, probably back to back against NE (prime time) and Green Bay 10am.

Look forward to your formula that explains why we go to Miami in Week 3 when they are one of our home games this season ;)

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":h15u49m8 said:
RichNhansom":h15u49m8 said:

Look forward to your formula that explains why we go to Miami in Week 3 when they are one of our home games this season ;)

Because . . . . Goodell.