2014 Seattle Mariners

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
At the game, and after Saunders hurt himself biffing it on a ball to deep right, the people in front of me were all like "Ichiro would have caught that," and I was all like OH NOW YOU APPRECIATE HIM NOW THAT HE IS GONE.

Miller should be in Tacoma and Franklin should be starting at SS. Maurer is only here until Paxton and Walker get right.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Nice to see Young is pitching his butt off...Now Smelly's losing streak at M's games just may be over! Go Mariners!!!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
One thing that is easier to see live: Cano is a really good defender.

Why Lloyd would not only play Miller, but bat him second, is totally beyond me.

Not glad to see someone get injured, but maybe Saunders getting hurt will force Jones into the lineup everyday. Dude is speedy and adept at getting on base.

Finally, if NFL officials handled the replay, Cano getting called safe at second in the seventh does not get overturned. He was clearly safe on the replay. MLB is terrible at getting calls right even with slow-motion video.

Atradees

Reaction score
young was awesome and gave 8 innings. 96 pitches. Elias is up next. We are in second and two games out. Lets pick up rocks and find hitters. This pitching is awesome.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Millers going to have to hit the reset button. Sending him out there everyday isn't good for anyone. Franklins earned at least an opportunity.

While the pitching has been great the hitting has not. If we can't scape together more runs at home (we are dismal at Safeco, slightly below average away) I fear these close wins start going the other way.

While I like the idea of a Drew or Morales it would have to be st the expense of LoMo. Hart is here to stay and you wouldn't give up defensive flexibility in Willie or Saunders.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Man, we are really kicking the ball around. Elias should have no runs given up and instead he has given up 5.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1ck5vs3p said:
Man, we are really kicking the ball around. Elias should have no runs given up and instead he has given up 5.
Well they left their gloves at home today, but they found their ever elusive bats, until the next game.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Really like Jones and think he has the potential to be a great player. Guy is rapid.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
More offense?!

It's a shame they threw away that series win against KC yesterday because every game will count in this extremely tight division. They might be a playoff team with Walker and Paxton and a legit RF. I'm not going to count on Jones just yet, but if he can hold down CF, the Mariners might be actually...good.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Love the bats... finally (and at Safeco). Its nice to see Felix get some early support. Team looks to have found some consistency in results, albeit finding different wayt to get there. I still think Miller needs a break. Franklin is there and it makes sense to give him a run out.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Nice to get a solid batting pratice night in with a win to boot!!

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1hl1npd9 said:
Love the bats... finally (and at Safeco). Its nice to see Felix get some early support. Team looks to have found some consistency in results, albeit finding different wayt to get there. I still think Miller needs a break. Franklin is there and it makes sense to give him a run out.

Miller is on pace to having the worst statistics in every major offensive category in all the league. Sucks cuz I like the guy and am pulling for him to get out of this funk he's in. If I see that he's been driving the ball and just unlucky with line outs or such at least I'd see a light at the end of the tunnel but he's become completely feeble at the plate.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Nice to see King Felix let it all out...I can see him having a great next start..Finally a great hitting game,maybe this will get some bats alive..Love Jones at leadoff/CF..Just needMiller out and Drew in...Pax /Walker back and wow do we look good to go...

bigtrain21

Reaction score
FearTheBeak":3ibzijag said:
Uncle Si":3ibzijag said:

Miller is on pace to having the worst statistics in every major offensive category in all the league. Sucks cuz I like the guy and am pulling for him to get out of this funk he's in. If I see that he's been driving the ball and just unlucky with line outs or such at least I'd see a light at the end of the tunnel but he's become completely feeble at the plate.

I am a big Miller supporter and I think he should be sent down as well. I still am confident in him but he needs to go down somewhere with less pressure and work on figuring things out.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Kuma is pitching another absolute gem! lets hope we get a bit more run support, but then again Price is a stud also!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
m0ng0":2a4zpofi said:
Kuma is pitching another absolute gem! lets hope we get a bit more run support, but then again Price is a stud also!
LLyod should have let Kuma try and finish the game, TB was clueless against him and another 9 or 10 pitches wouldn't have hurt him. Got to trust your studs! I had that feeling as soon as Rodney came in TB would win it, the guy is too wild to be a closer!

Kuma got screwed after pitching his ass off!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2hc7axy0 said:
m0ng0":2hc7axy0 said:
LLyod should have let Kuma try and finish the game, TB was clueless against him and another 9 or 10 pitches wouldn't have hurt him. Got to trust your studs! I had that feeling as soon as Rodney came in TB would win it, the guy is too wild to be a closer!

Kuma got screwed after pitching his ass off!

this team needs that one win to get itself on a roll, but cant get out of its own way. I guess thats what a slightly above .500 team looks like.