2014 Seattle Mariners

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":3s4ggz3u said:
Rumors are floating about Tulo being on the block. I guess he wants out of Colorado and wants to go somewhere he can actually play in playoff games. He's 29, contract runs through 2020. Hitting numbers are a park inflated, because Denver, but he's still a top player. It's a pipe dream and I don't think or expect this to happen, but I'm kind of interested on what it'd take to get him here. I'm guessing he ends up in NY to replace Jeter.

But to entertain the 0.00001% chance the M's are a player, I'm thinking we'd end up sending Walker, Miller, Taylor, Peterson and maybe picks or another AA prospect or two. And basically give Colorado a big part of the foundation for several playoff runs over the next decade. And Tulo ends up hitting about .270 and tops out at 20 HR over the length of his contract here. So yeah. Don't do it.
Normally I wouldn't trade away the farm, but for that guy or Stanton (Marlins) I would seriously consider it. It would be painful to give up Walker and or Paxton, and or DJ Peterson in any deal (I think all 3 will be studs), but if ANY or all are traded, it better be for proven long term talent.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It would be so awesome if we could get Stanton...big series this weekend...The King of Seattle for the opener..Nice! Go Mariners!!

Msfann

Reaction score
Saunders to the 15 DL and Smoak recalled where he'll do jack crap as usual after raking in the minors.

They need a bat more now than ever because pissing away outs with Ackley, Smoak and Miller sure aren't going to get this team anywhere.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Good win for the Mariners tonight. Felix let up two runs in the first inning but was lights out after that, going 8 innings and striking out 9. Rodney made it interesting in the 9th but we held out for the win.

Felix Hernandez has now gone 11 straight starts going at least 7 innings and letting up 2 or fewer runs. Dude is an absolute stud and he should be starting for the AL in the All-Star game.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet] Retweeted by Brian Nemhauser
Aaron Goldsmith ‏@aaronmgoldsmith 1h
#Mariners now 50-43 on July 11. This is the fastest M's club to 50 wins since Bob Melvin's 2003 team (June 24) that went 93-69.[/tweet]

859986406.gif

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Lithium":172illj6 said:

A) That was a bad call
B) Zunino looks like big foot when he looks back lol

That was the correct call. It was right at the letters and that is with Punto dropping down a bit to influence the call his way.

Edit: here is a picture showing it 50/50 on the line.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,577

sutz

Reaction score
It was a close call. Too close to take. The hitter should have fouled it off. At 3-2 you protect the plate.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Great win!As for that call,anyone who has played baseball knows the strike zone is bigger with 2 strikes and 2 outs..The pitch was belt high..I see strike all day on that..

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
sutz":1n8x31ag said:
It was a close call. Too close to take. The hitter should have fouled it off. At 3-2 you protect the plate.
This ^^^ Basic baseball. You wanna sit on it and the ump calls it strike three it's on you. Typical Bay Area pro athlete sniveling.

Real happy to see the team take the first 2 from Oakland, especially after the Twinkies series.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":q1juvtec said:
sutz":q1juvtec said:
This ^^^ Basic baseball. You wanna sit on it and the ump calls it strike three it's on you. Typical Bay Area pro athlete sniveling.

Real happy to see the team take the first 2 from Oakland, especially after the Twinkies series.
Yeah, the Twins series was kind of embarrassing, but it's nice to see that finally, the team doesn't seem to take a slump of a few games like that and turn it into a downward spiral that lasts until September. They seem better able to bounce back from them than they have in years. It's a hopeful sign that maybe this is a new Mariners team we're watching.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ready for the 2nd half of season..Go Mariners!!!

Lithium

Reaction score
holy crap we can't hit....guess were just gonna try to win every game 1-0

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Lithium":3mze97wn said:
holy crap we can't hit....guess were just gonna try to win every game 1-0

While they do need a bat to get rid of Smoak, Ackley, Miller, the M's were pretty unlucky last night. Especially that line drive that was caught on a prayer by the pitcher and would have plated the winning run.