Chapow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2673x7ch said:
Trenchbroom":2673x7ch said:
Chapow":2673x7ch said:
Oh
My
Gawd
The M's barely, and I mean barely, eek out a win against the AAA Salt Lake Bees.

Poor Felix. We hit 13 runs a few nights prior. We've barely given him 13 runs in support ALL season! (an exaggeration, but you get my drift)

Every time he pitches a beauty it's like our hitters are paralyzed. Still, happy to see us eek out a victory last night.

Felix doesnt care...

hes finally pitching meaningful games in September. If this team manages a playoff spot he will probably win the Cy Young.

This is what he's wanted

I bet he does care, you'd just never hear him admit it.

Felix just pitched a 3 hit shutout with 11 strikeouts...and got a no decision.

I'm sure if this were an occasional thing it wouldn't bother him because sometimes that's just how it goes, but this has been happening a lot. I hear and read comments all the time that are just like Trenchbrooms "Every time he pitches a beauty it's like our hitters are paralyzed". I'd be pretty surprised if he wasn't getting pretty frustrated at this point. He's human and he's a top level competitor.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Frustrated at this point? after all those years he's going to get frustrated now? with the team in a playoff race? if it really bothered him he would have left a long time ago. its a pointless argument as none of us are Felix, but I think his actions (the fact he's still a Mariner) says alot

He wants to pitch in big games. The man won a Cy young winning 12 games (or was it 13). anyways, as you said, hes a competitor, and he finally gets to pitch in competitive moments.

His team won. i think thats what he cares about

m0ng0

Reaction score
I just heard Shannon Drayer say the one guy on the team plane that would not shut up last night was Felix, I don't think he cares about anything but the Mariners winning games :lol:

Chapow

Reaction score
Damn dude, you act like it's just absurd to suggest that he might be frustrated that he goes out there and dominates but gets little to no run support over and over again.

I think anyone would be frustrated with the run support he's gotten on a consistent basis this year.

You do realize that it's possible to be stoked at where the team is right now and at the same time be frustrated that every time he pitches the offense is MIA?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Chapow":3lfjgxit said:
Damn dude, you act like it's just absurd to suggest that he might be frustrated that he goes out there and dominates but gets little to no run support over and over again.

I think anyone would be frustrated with the run support he's gotten on a consistent basis this year.

You do realize that it's possible to be stoked at where the team is right now and at the same time be frustrated that every time he pitches the offense is MIA?

I agree with this. I can't speak for Felix but if I was in his shoes, I'd be frustrated with the run support. He's started in 32 games but only has a decision in 19 of them. He's 14-5. There are 13 games where he's got no decisions. If he had better run support, he'd be near 20 wins and no question about him winning the Cy Young.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/6194/felix-hernandez

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
hawkfan68":y9ttkuwn said:
dumbrabbit":y9ttkuwn said:
Doesn't matter about the runs, what matters are the W's.

In baseball, runs do matter....without runs you can't get the W.

We got enough of them to win. We don't need style points to win. Just a win is all that matters.

I'm with you, too bad Felix doesn't get a lot of run support, but, if he's happy, I'm happy.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chapow":23lcta7e said:

I dont think its absurd... I'm sure there are nights when he wishes he was up a couple. but I think the suggestion is a simple guess, and one that doesnt reflect his own actions and words over his career.

in his 8-9 year career with Seattle he's never gotten run support (i mean ever), and yet recently signed a long extension to stay here. If the W on his record was all that troublesome I think we would have heard something.

Point is, he just seems to robotically go about his business.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Maybe we should've traded Felix two years ago, perhaps we would be getting more easy W's this year. #sarcasm.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Felix loves Seattle..Win or lose..We are fortunate to have him..We don't have the hitters to do him justice every time he pitches...It's getting better and we will have a good hitting team sooner than later..GO M'S!!!

nategreat

Reaction score
Don't forget that Felix rakes in about $6,250 per pitch that he throws (not an exaggeration). That would help make any man rest easy. As others have said, Felix loves playing for the Mariners. Run support is something he's dealt with his entire career here it seems, and I'm sure it doesn't bother him as much as it used to, if it ever did at all. And numbers-wise, Felix is having a career year in many categories, including strikeouts, ERA, and WHIP.

Go M's!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SeatownJay":ipfa4bv6 said:
K.C. lost again today. A Seattle win tonight puts them in a wildcard spot.

So did Oakland. We will be tied for the first wildcard with a victory tonight.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Apparently Chris Young has other ideas as he gave up a pair of two run home runs in the bottom of the first inning.

nategreat

Reaction score
Anyone still questioning Chris Young vs. James Paxton for a spot in the playoff rotation? Seems pretty obvious at this point.