2015 Kentucky Derby...EDITED Triple Crown Edition

Maulbert

Reaction score
Gonna be honest, I don't usually care about horse racing. But this is a rare feat that I truly hoped I would witness in my lifetime. Congratulations to American Pharoah, Victor Espinoza, Bob Baffert, and Ahmed Zayat. You made sports history today. :th2thumbs:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I knew the race was over pretty much when I saw the 3/4 mile time. 1:13 and change. On the lead. Running easy. As soon as he changed leads in the stretch, I knew it was over. GREAT DAY for racing. I just witnessed my 3rd Triple Crown!!
Oh, and best line of the day; Victor Espinoza, "Holy Shit!". lol

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Elmers glue.......Tool comment, maybe this person should comment on his expertise, M's baseball...hahahahahah.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Finally a triple crown winner.....American Pharoah is an awesome horse. He toyed with the other horses for most of the race and then kicked in the afterburners. I knew he had the race won once he took a length lead. Surprised that Materiality didn't challenge him early. They had an interview with Materiality's rider and he said he was going get him in front to challenge A.P. Obviously that didn't happen and A.P. had things under control.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":26k3pqbj said:
OMG....Except for the Hawks winning it all, this day is #2 for me in sports.

So happy for Baffert and the sport.

Best and worst thing to happen to Horse racing?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Pharoah was amazing on Saturday, felt like none of the other horses wanted to test him though.. they just let him pace himself to the lead until mile 1 and then he turned on the jets and blew away the field.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":5y9uzz17 said:
Seahwkgal":5y9uzz17 said:
The Pharoah won the Preakness easily. We have another chance for a Triple Crown. :th2thumbs:

Doubt he pulls it off. The Belmont tends to be too much for these horses to pull off considering a lot of the field will be well rested from not participating in the Preakness and/or Derby
Oops

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":2391j1ek said:
Hasselbeck":2391j1ek said:
Seahwkgal":2391j1ek said:
The Pharoah won the Preakness easily. We have another chance for a Triple Crown. :th2thumbs:

Doubt he pulls it off. The Belmont tends to be too much for these horses to pull off considering a lot of the field will be well rested from not participating in the Preakness and/or Derby
Oops

Yeah .. I was wrong.. it happens

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
American Pharoah just won the Haskell Invitational today. He could have shattered the track record and won by at least 20 but Victor eased him in. Amazing performance. This horse is a MONSTER!
Also, 2009 Horse Of The Year Rachel Alexandra's baby girl, Rachel's Valentina won her career debut easily. She looks to be the real deal.
Great day for Thoroughbred Horse Racing.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The Pharoah is running today at Saratoga. The Travers Stakes. Nationally televised on NBC for those that are interested.
I am counting down the minutes. GoPharoah!!!!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Well...American Pharoah isn't immortal. Although he still beat all horses except one on an off day for him. I thought Frosted bumped him a bit coming out of the last turn but they didn't file an inquiry so maybe it wasn't enough to throw him off.