2016 Present Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Current Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Updated, and there still appears to be one PS spot open after all these moves.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2y9opum6 said:
Nice.

57 - Morgan is listed twice but maybe that is intentional.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3b45ndfw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/813492448886398981[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/813525453579268096[/tweet]

Looks like Roster Churn Tuesday will be interesting tomorrow.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/813860598702227456[/tweet]

Placed WR Tyler Lockett on injured reserve. Signed WR Kasen Williams from practice squad to 53-man active roster. Placed LB Kache Palacio on practice squad/injured reserve.

The Kache Palacio transaction opens up another practice squad spot.

There are currently only 7 practice squad members listed at seahawks.com Rookie RB Kelvin Taylor has not been officially added to the practice squad yet.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I've added Kelvin Taylor to the PS (for now) and updated all the other moves.

Thanks Jville.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Question about the ~$5M+ in cap space we still have available for the 2016 - assuming we don't spend any more of it can we add it to what is available for 2017? If so we'll have ~$36M in available cap going in to free agency.

I'm thinking we're going to be able to sign at least 1-2 starting-caliber free agents in 2017 even if we extend Bennett, Chancellor and Graham - those guys already have big cap numbers for 2017 so they shouldn't take up too much additional cap space for 2017. None of our UFA's are going to break the bank either, and we don't have anyone like Harvin or Lynch eating up a lot of cap space with dead money.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yes, on the cap money which is now less than $5 Mill if the team elects to roll that money over to next years cap. They have never failed to do that.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Rostermon.com reports the team has signed RB- Kelvin Taylor, and C- Ross Burbank to the PS.

There is still one open PS slot.

Updating soon.

Jville

Reaction score
George Farmer is likely the one missing member of the practice squad.

NFL.com shows Farmer being waved from the 53 roster with no recall on December 6th.

NFL.com then shows Farmer being resigned to the practice squad on December 8th.

There is no release transaction since he was last added to the practice squad.

Here is the Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/teams/seattleseahawks/transactions?team=SEA[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You could be right about Farmer but it is instructive to note that Farmer is not shown on the team's roster, but each of the new additions are shown there.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I had earlier indicated that I didn't think Farmer was on the PS, but now think you are right Jville, and the team's site is wrong again. If you check with ourlads.com they think he's on the PS now and has been since he was waived from the 53 on Dec 6 and cleared waivers being re-signed to the PS on December 8th.

Notwithstanding the team's site not including him I think he should be added to our roster here as all of NFL.com, Rostermon.com, and ourlads.com believe he is on the PS. So I will add him back, but will acknowledge we might be wrong. Anyone remember his previous number, I think it was 39?

It's tough keeping an accurate roster or PS when the team doesn't seem to do so.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This has been an odd season as the PS has frequently had open spots for a week, this varies from JS' usual practice of churning the PS to effectively have more than the 10 players for any week.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As well the number of RBs on the roster is intriguingly high but then again half of them are hurt in one way or another. Besides the team is struggling to find a semblance of a consistent running game.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":virba1hg said:
This has been an odd season as the PS has frequently had open spots for a week, this varies from JS' usual practice of churning the PS to effectively have more than the 10 players for any week.

They carried 14 rookies on their 53 man 2016 roster. In contrast, they carried only a half dozen in each of the two previous years. A number of this years rookies were sidelined with injuries which slowed their development. But, Coach Carroll seems somewhat smitten with this years draft class. Rather than IR them, they have been kept on the roster and the team has worked around availability issues. Taken together, the urgency for roster churn has been less than in recent years.

Most of those rookies (10) are on offense. The defense seems quite settled. They have addressed a limited need to supplement their core players on defense and special teams with specific fit journeymen such as Neiko Thorpe, Dewey McDonald, Jeron Johnson and others. Hitting on specific fits for this years team reduces roster churn.

Competition at running back remains wide open. That running game remains a work in progress. They are running out of time. But, the process is no different than how they built their defensive backfield and linebacker corp. They are bringing in the young guys to compete and grow together. There is plenty of potential roster churn for the running game.

Jammer ...... you have done a marvelous job in tracking player and cap transactions and maintaining reliable rosters. I know of no other open forum where such an effort exists. What you have built and maintained is my go to summary. Great Job ... and ... Much Thanks!

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words but I could not have done it without your able assistance and the input of many other board members. Jville you are a sleuth who who picks up these roster moves faster than anyone I have ever seen. Your hard work makes my job easier. Thanks again!

I think our roster here is hopefully always complete and quickly right up to date. The thread is getting lots of looks so it must be helpful to our board members.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/816383528313098241[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/816383422109126656[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, updated now.

The wishes of many here have been answered, let's hope Ott proves most invisible and he isn't a part of the post game angst like his predeceasor.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm on the verge of quitting dot net ...... but here is an update.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/816461462830981120[/tweet]

Probably should have followed Aros out the door a month ago.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow,this signing is a real Hail Mary by the FO to find a returner for the playoffs and to give the team a new face for the ST during the playoffs. It could be just a rumour at present but appears to be likely and the tweets seem to indicate the corresponding player being waived will be Tyvis Powell who has largely remained inactive this season. If there is a weak area of the team the FO will work at fixing it.

Too bad about Powell who may be back for next season or camp at least after the playoffs have ended.

As both these roster moves are still speculative I'll wait to post them but the evidence is pointing towards Hester coming and Powell going.