11) Falcons..........MNF
12) at Niners
13) Eagles......SNF
14) At Jags........ONLY EARLY START
15) Rams
16) At Cowboys
17) Cardinals

Storylines this year:

1) @Packers - bitter rivalry continues. It's great to put this as week 1. Pack win, business as usual. Seahawks win, and instant SB favorites.

2) 49ers - Peak 2017 Seahawk performance here in all 3 phases, as usual. Deja vu from 2016, week 3 except this time maybe Boykin comes in sooner without the need to relieve an ankle.

3) @Titans - Titans will want to showcase they are for real, and will have a good opportunity to prove it. Delanie Walker has been waiting a long time to play against Seattle and will get his shot.

4) Colts - Luck vs. Wilson part 2, and if the Colts win, Hawk fans will be miserable as it will be impossible to recover in the Luck/Wilson debate. 49er rivalry renewed welcoming an old friend, Franklin Gore back in the building.

5) @Rams - It won't matter what is going on with the Rams this year, this will be a struggle for Seahawks.

6) BYE

7) @Giants - will Seahawks continue to have Eli's #? Wilson's first big test of the season.

8) Texans - revenge on the minds of JJ Watt from that bloody nose chasing Wilson in 2013. The 20-0 blown lead. The pick 6. #NeverForget

9) Redskins - Based off of 2016, would be great game. Hard to say if this one will match up given offseason turmoil for Skins.

10) @Cardinals - Cardinals looking to get their first home W against Hawks since Wilson's first NFL game. Rule change prohibiting leaping will push them over the top for that W.

11) Falcons - Seahawks will play this one tough....maybe their most intensity for this season. People will get reminded why Century Link is such great HFA.

12) @Niners - This far into the season if the 49ers have rebounded, this has potential to be a real fight. Schematically this will be the best the 49ers offense has been presented against the Seahawks since maybe Mike Singletary's last season. Shanahan knows winning this game can make the season for Niner fans, and will pull out the stops for it including using Gilliam on the goal line.

13) Eagles - last two times the Eagles faced the Hawks, they appeared to be the hotter team or at least capable of winning and then falling very short. Eagles will try hard to change that perception but won't be easy.

14) @Jags - Gus built up the pieces but can Coughlin and Marrone improve on it. Chances are they can, and this will be the upset special to pick from April if we are led to believe Bradley's coaching was undermining all of that defensive talent. You throw in 10 am on the road and the temptation to place early money is there....

15) Rams - Another tough game for the Hawks, but winnable. Carroll goes for it on 4th down a few times to protect Jonathan Ryan.

16) @Cowboys - a chance to see if Cowboys still have Seahawks #. All eyes will be on Dak & Elliott, assuming Dak isn't suffering from a sophomore slump.

17) Cardinals - pressure on Seattle to win a home game against the Cards for first time since 2014.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
NINEster":3hfwks09 said:
Storylines this year:

1) @Packers - bitter rivalry continues. It's great to put this as week 1. Pack win, business as usual. Seahawks win, and instant SB favorites.

2) 49ers - Peak 2017 Seahawk performance here in all 3 phases, as usual. Deja vu from 2016, week 3 except this time maybe Boykin comes in sooner without the need to relieve an ankle.

3) @Titans - Titans will want to showcase they are for real, and will have a good opportunity to prove it. Delanie Walker has been waiting a long time to play against Seattle and will get his shot.

4) Colts - Luck vs. Wilson part 2, and if the Colts win, Hawk fans will be miserable as it will be impossible to recover in the Luck/Wilson debate. 49er rivalry renewed welcoming an old friend, Franklin Gore back in the building.

5) @Rams - It won't matter what is going on with the Rams this year, this will be a struggle for Seahawks.

6) BYE

7) @Giants - will Seahawks continue to have Eli's #? Wilson's first big test of the season.

8) Texans - revenge on the minds of JJ Watt from that bloody nose chasing Wilson in 2013. The 20-0 blown lead. The pick 6. #NeverForget

9) Redskins - Based off of 2016, would be great game. Hard to say if this one will match up given offseason turmoil for Skins.

10) @Cardinals - Cardinals looking to get their first home W against Hawks since Wilson's first NFL game. Rule change prohibiting leaping will push them over the top for that W.

11) Falcons - Seahawks will play this one tough....maybe their most intensity for this season. People will get reminded why Century Link is such great HFA.

12) @Niners - This far into the season if the 49ers have rebounded, this has potential to be a real fight. Schematically this will be the best the 49ers offense has been presented against the Seahawks since maybe Mike Singletary's last season. Shanahan knows winning this game can make the season for Niner fans, and will pull out the stops for it including using Gilliam on the goal line.

13) Eagles - last two times the Eagles faced the Hawks, they appeared to be the hotter team or at least capable of winning and then falling very short. Eagles will try hard to change that perception but won't be easy.

14) @Jags - Gus built up the pieces but can Coughlin and Marrone improve on it. Chances are they can, and this will be the upset special to pick from April if we are led to believe Bradley's coaching was undermining all of that defensive talent. You throw in 10 am on the road and the temptation to place early money is there....

15) Rams - Another tough game for the Hawks, but winnable. Carroll goes for it on 4th down a few times to protect Jonathan Ryan.

16) @Cowboys - a chance to see if Cowboys still have Seahawks #. All eyes will be on Dak & Elliott, assuming Dak isn't suffering from a sophomore slump.

17) Cardinals - pressure on Seattle to win a home game against the Cards for first time since 2014.

Good stuff.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
It's too early to make any serious predictions. We're still a week away from the draft. Hypothetically, I think they are capable of winning 13 games with this schedule if the draft turns out as well as expected and they stay healthy. The magic number is 12, as usual, but 13 is possible with the talent, experience, and coaching this team possesses.

Then again, I could see them losing as many as three games in the first five, while they figure things out with the offensive line and secondary, and then they would need to win out the rest of the way to reach 13.

nash72

Reaction score
With our Oline, 11-5 at best, but 10-6 is more realistic.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
LolaRox":1nx6iawu said:
I posted this in predict opener thread, but I'll add it here too

Only 1 10am game and maybe just 2 games against teams coming off bye (Texans & SF)

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/855209517855850496

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/855209517855850496[/tweet]
I want that schedule design with Wagner as my wallpaper. I don't like the Jimmy Graham one on Seahawks.com. Also, the last time Wagner was on a schedule wallpaper we won the SB. :2thumbs:
Where can I get that twitter one?

getnasty

Reaction score
Nice that they won't be playing in bad weather late in the year too.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
AustrianHawk":eni5c51g said:
Oh no, only 1 early game? Mondays will be awful for me :S
We appreciate the fact that you will suck it up Buttercup and take 1 for the team :lol:

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2l9ak9z4 said:
The three road games to start the year are a challenge. We have usually struggled in road openers. Secondary and offensive line will need to be hitting on all cylinders. At Lambeau, which ended our NFL-record of consecutive games without losing by more than 10 points, is an intense start.

Then at Tennessee is a definite trap game. The field will probably be scorching hot. Titans have a great offensive line, a power run game, and a running QB (which is the bane of the 4-3 under defense).

Rams' defensive line has had our number for a while. The LA Coliseum also tends to get very hot at that time of day. So yeah, that's a definite gauntlet of three tough road openers.

Hopefully, they overcome the odds and win four or five of those games before the bye. Otherwise, the bye will be a time of drama and course correction.

Yeah, agree about starting out with road games. But, I think this year is different. There are a lot of players from last year on this team. I think they will have two games circled, and will be out for blood in those games, though they would never admit it. I'm talking Atlanta and Green Bay of course. I predict that those are two games they will refuse to lose.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
NINEster":3t0evnwi said:
kidhawk":3t0evnwi said:
1) At Packers
2) 49ers
3) At Titans
4) Colts...........SNF
5) At Rams
6) BYE
7) At Giants
8.) Texans
9) Redskins
10) At Cardinals.........TNF
11) Falcons..........MNF
12) at Niners
13) Eagles......SNF
14) At Jags........ONLY EARLY START
15) Rams
16) At Cowboys
17) Cardinals

Storylines this year:

6) BYE

Great analysis.

No back-to-back road games, easier opponents (on paper), Lambeau in Week 1, only one 10am start...honestly, this is the easiest lineup we've had in years. Only thing that really scares me in there is our own division.

If we can't reach 11 wins with this schedule, we really are in decline.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The home factor helps mitigate a lot of that risk. We have our toughest tests at the Clink. The Falcons are an unknown, but almost assuredly in the downward direction after losing Shanahan. Only question is to what degree.

Amongst our road opponents, the only ones with enough recent motion as a team to be an unknown quantity this year are Tennessee and Jacksonville. Green Bay and Dallas are tough tests (I'm writing the Packers game off almost entirely because Earl Thomas is unlikely to be fully himself again until October), but beyond them and our division, there aren't a lot of QBs out there who scare me, nor a lot of fearsome defensive lines going up against our OL. Split the tough games and I think we get 11 wins.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Easiest schedule in the conference. If they stay healthy, really no excuse this year for not having a bye and/or HFA

nrayorr

Reaction score
I like the way this schedule turned out, but to me the best part is that I only attended half of the games last year, but I can make all but one this year. Time for my happy dance... :0190l:

LolaRox

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":27fc9dd4 said:
LolaRox":27fc9dd4 said:

Only 1 10am game and maybe just 2 games against teams coming off bye (Texans & SF)

I want that schedule design with Wagner as my wallpaper. I don't like the Jimmy Graham one on Seahawks.com. Also, the last time Wagner was on a schedule wallpaper we won the SB. :2thumbs:

I think you should be able to save the image from the tweet.

Here is the link to the tweet

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
LolaRox":o3ooxcy1 said:
Seahwkgal":o3ooxcy1 said:
LolaRox":o3ooxcy1 said:

I think you should be able to save the image from the tweet.

Here is the link to the tweet

And here's the link to just the image itself.

[urltargetblank]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C95Od1MUwAEWhkh.jpg:large[/urltargetblank]

adeltaY

Reaction score
Great post from NINEster! Here's my stab at it. Disclaimer: This is mostly for fun and discussion, not meant to be taken super seriously.

Week 1 (W): Hawks get their first win @ Lambeau since '99 in a significant upset. D has trouble stopping Rodgers, but the O finally figures out how to take advantage of the horrific Packers secondary. Wilson throws no more than 2 picks XD.

Week 2 (W): Clink hasn't been kind to the niners for quite a while. Then again, playing the Hawks, period, hasn't been hehe.

Week 3 (L): The Titans OL improved upon its fantastic 2016 campaign and dominates a usually stout Hawks run D. Murray does work against the Seahawks again, Mariota kills the D with his legs and capitalizes in the red zone with his arm. Hawks O struggles to find competence on the road against a Tennessee D improved through the draft.

Week 4 (W): Luck, TY, and Moncrief light up the D for over 400 passing yards and 30+ points, but RW and the RBs come back swinging to bring home the win in a close one. Possibility of a controversial call... though that might better suit Week 11.

Week 5 (L): Rams D + Wade Phillips = absolute nightmare for an offense that already struggles on the road. Goff digs deep to find his inner Keenum/Foles and throws dimes on the Hawks D to bring LA a close win. Somehow the garbage Rams OL (+ Whitworth tbf) stonewalls our pass rush. Gurley still can't get much going.

Week 6: BYE

Week 7 (W): The Giants D overtook the Hawks D at the end of last season, but a rejuvenated and healthy (plz) Seattle unit dominates Eli and the mediocre Giants OL. Odell and BMarsh make some plays, but it isn't enough. Hawks O grinds the Giants D down with Wilson making a couple massive scramble plays. Vintage stuff (I HOPE)

Week 8 (L): I LOATHE the Texans. They have so many high first round picks on their defense and ours has still been better. A disgrace of an organization that's already wasted Andre Johnson's career and is doing the same to Watt. Problem is, our OL vs Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus .... also KJo coming back from injury and Andre Hal being lowkey awesome. Hawks O gets stonewalled and through some BS the Texans offense pulls a Rams and does just enough to win.

Week 9 (W): Washington would scare me with their really good OL, but they lost some receivers and I'm not sure how good Cousins really is. Their defense was pretty awful last year too. Should be a less stressful game for the Hawks but who tf really knows?

Week 10 (W): Cards fans can talk all the smack they want about Palmer being undefeated in CLink, but RW is 3-1-1 in AZ. I mean, 4-1-1. Johnson drives the fans crazy and racks up them yards, but hopefully we can do better than letting him get 3 TDs...

Week 11 (W): Hawks prove that Clink is still a venue to be feared by defeating a quality opponent in primetime and do so by 10+ points. A real treat for the fans.

Week 12 (W): Shanahan is great, but I don't see a QBless team with a pretty terrible defense being able to beat the Seahawks. Unless they do.

Week 13 (W): Wentz got some nice new toys this offseason and still has a great OL protecting him. Their defense is pretty nasty too. Still, @ Clink, the Hawks pull out a close win and show the team is still an NFC powerhouse.

Week 14 (W): Campbell destroys any guard that tries to block him; Bouye and Ramsey practically erase our outside WRs. That Jimmy Graham fella though... might want to lean on him this game. Oh, and Doug in the slot should do some damage. Hopefully Bortles starts and plays like 2016 Bortles.

Week 15 (W): DO NOT LET THEM SWEEP US

Week 16 (L): Remember when the Cowboys handed us our only home loss in 2014? That game was 30-23, but it really should've been a blowout win for the Boys. Their OL erased our pass rush and moved our DL about in the run game. This is going to be even worse because Dak adds another run threat via the zone read and scrambling and he's a smart, safe passer. Their defense got worse, but it won't really matter due to their ball control offense. Hawks suffer their only blowout of the season and lose by 14+ points.

Week 17 (L): But Palmer still is 3-0 in Clink. I mean 4-0 :(

Record Prediction: 11-5, NFC West champions, 3rd seed.

Wishcast: I'm hoping we find a way to sweep the Cards and beat the Titans and get to 13-3 and the first seed!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
One more thing to note, NO GAMES ON THANKSGIVING. Definitely a fishing day now. Ugh.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1iwpb67u said:
One more thing to note, NO GAMES ON THANKSGIVING. Definitely a fishing day now. Ugh.

nvrmnd....Packers love their game on thksgivng....ew.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't fathom anyone complaining about this schedule. Was a nice surprise to have only 1 early road game, no back to back road games (bye in between), xmas eve on the ROAD this time etc.

Latest posts