2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":c3cbu737 said:
Bobblehead":c3cbu737 said:
Well if your offense is ailing and your hitters are slumping..the best cure it seems is the Mariner pitching staff.. way to wake up the Judge.

Why in the world would Servais go to Cishit instead of Zych in that situation? To face Judge no less? Cishit is no longer a setup man-mop up at best. With Phelps here, he is expendable and yet Servais continues to use him in crucial situations with the season essentially on the line. Just maddening.

On the positive, Phelps looked awesome-just as advertised. Let's see if we can close this out.
Cishek has been really good against handed hitters this year with a sub 1 ERA. Lefties have been trouble for him. It wasn't a bad move. Judge can hit. Even against the best. He's no fluke. It was a decent pitch. Cano turned around Robertson's pitch for an opposite field HR to take the lead. A perfect pitch hit by a perfect swing. It happens.

Great game tonight though. It was nice to see them take it in extras. That's been hard for them to do this year. They needed this win so bad. They absolutely need to take control of this home stand

Bobblehead

Reaction score
predicting Judge is going to really, really, really, really fatten his stats today.

getnasty

Reaction score
Big game today, probably gonna be a lot of offense. Let's go M's get it done.

getnasty

Reaction score
Crizilla":1lj22vii said:
No idea why Diaz threw him a pitch right down the middle of the plate when he was so ahead in the count. Why? There is no reason to desperately throw a strike right there. Make him chase something off the plate like he did with the pitch prior when he threw his bat to stay a live. Why throw a strike right there? Terrible baseball. Terrible managing by Servais. It's official. I want Servais gone. Keep Dipoto though. This team is terrible when it matters. Servais is a snore. No energy in the dug out. No small ball. No nothing, He's worse than McLOLndon.

New nickname for Scott Servais: LOW ENERGY SCOTT.

I doubt Diaz was trying to throw a pitch down the middle of the plate, I don't know of any pitcher that ever intends on throwing right down the middle of the plate. As for small ball why complain about anything with the M's offense it's just not the problem. Personally I like giving a guy a chance on moving the runners over by hitting the ball on the right side of the infield, you might lose a run here or there but you chance for a big inning is far greater.

getnasty

Reaction score
The more I think about the Oneil trade the less I like it. I know our outfield situation is good for years to come and Dipoto likes guys that can run the ball down out there, but looking at the power in this line up 3 years down the road is a scary thought. If your not thinking Gonzalez can help this year why not trade Oneil for a younger guy with a high ceiling.

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2gtv9fk7 said:
predicting Judge is going to really, really, really, really fatten his stats today.
I see some no pitch IBBs in his near future. ;)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not sure what to expect from Gallardo today. He has been really good in the pen the past few weeks, but now he is starting. We are going up against a guy making his second major league appearance today. I know it is not a must win, but it kind of feels that way.

Crizilla

Reaction score
This is some of the worst pitching I have ever seen. Fire Servais and the pitching coach RIGHT NOW! Pathetic.

Why are we throwing pitches right down the middle of the plate on 0-2 counts? It makes no freaking sense. At all. This is the dumbest baseball I've ever seen. Might as well give them a tee to hit the ball off of.

Out coached ALL series long. We are getting played like a fiddle. Giradi is toying with Servais. It's actually quite amusing to see. Servais has so much to learn.

getnasty

Reaction score
Crizilla":1mwj0br1 said:
This is some of the worst pitching I have ever seen. Fire Servais and the pitching coach RIGHT NOW! Pathetic.

Why are we throwing pitches right down the middle of the plate on 0-2 counts? It makes no freaking sense. At all. This is the dumbest baseball I've ever seen. Might as well give them a tee to hit the ball off of.

Out coached ALL series long. We are getting played like a fiddle.

Once again I don't think there trying to throw the ball down the middle of the plate. Sometimes you throw a pitch and it doesn't exactly go where you want it to.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yankees hadn't won a series in 6 weeks. So what do they do? Come to Seattle and win a series.

Terrible managing all series long by Servais. Then when he tries to get cute with Motter, he gets picked off. Unbelievable

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3g6tdht4 said:
Ok, I'll say it. Emilio Pagan is good. Really good.

He really is. He joins the list of relievers who should get the hill when we have a lead: Diaz, Vincent, Phelps, Zych, Rzep.

Relievers who should only come in when we're losing: Pazos, Gallardo when he's back in the pen and Cishek who should be released in the near future.

Well losing 3 out of 4 at home hurts. Doesn't get any easier with Boston coming to town.

Threedee

Reaction score
Well, I finally lost it and shouted at Servais through the TV. He was subpar in his first season, and, after 2 ½ years, he is not an upgrade to Lloyd. Nothing he does suggests we are getting any advantage from keeping him on.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
How does Judge only have 13 doubles? Thought he was a power hitter?
So it's HR or singles?

sutz

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2i4ufmxh said:
How does Judge only have 13 doubles? Thought he was a power hitter?
So it's HR or singles?
...or Ks. ;)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Threedee":8rd28a4i said:
Well, I finally lost it and shouted at Servais through the TV. He was subpar in his first season, and, after 2 ½ years, he is not an upgrade to Lloyd. Nothing he does suggests we are getting any advantage from keeping him on.

He's best friends with Jerry so better get used to him. They've worked together for years and I believe were teammates too. He's unfortunately not going anywhere.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I remember the same crap was said of Bob Melvin when he started here.. Didn't he win Manager of the year a couple of years later?