2018 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap, I think it was pick #156 they trade up to #149 with instead of #157.

After looking at some film on the punter I think John Ryan's time here is limited. This young punter is very good.

Drafting a punter gave me a Ryan Plackmeier flashback, some how thoughI’d doubt the team would cut a Michael Bennett prospect to keep two punters on the final roster.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I haven’t yet updated the roster to include the UDFA additions yet b/c the numbers seems wrong for 90.

Will update when there is some confirmation from the team.

original poster

Reaction score
I have the Seahawks with $5,758,856 in cap space.

The rookie class, at least during the 'rule of 51' clause is in place has cost the team a total of $1,782,251.

The contracts that count, in full, are the top 3 totalling $3,316,367

The remaining 6 that don't make the top 51 in terms of value still have their prorated signing bonus count which totals $355,884 over the 6 players

The bottom 3 that came off the top 51 total $1,890,000

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
How much of the cap is usually reserved for in-season injury replacements and/or trades? It seems wise to me not to spend it all at the beginning of the season. Of course, I probably thinking too simplistically, and I admit not knowing enough about the cap laws.

original poster

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":364jk7a4 said:
How much of the cap is usually reserved for in-season injury replacements and/or trades? It seems wise to me not to spend it all at the beginning of the season. Of course, I probably thinking too simplistically, and I admit not knowing enough about the cap laws.

Ideally you want at least $2-3M.

Seattle was dangerously close to $0 last season a few times IIRC, it was the main reason Dwight Freeney was released.

I've just written a long post about the cap and how the draft has changed it, I'll post it now :)

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm going to update the roster by adding the UDFA players who I believe there is confirmation of actually signing instead of just being invited to the rookie mini camp.

original poster

Reaction score
jammerhawk":22si3n9c said:
I'm going to update the roster by adding the UDFA players who I believe there is confirmation of actually signing instead of just being invited to the rookie mini camp.

Definitely, big difference.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are three others DT- Eddy Wilson, OG- Skyler Phillips, and DB- Chris Hawkins who I think could also be signed but there is not solid outside confirmation yet. I expect this to clarify in the next 24.

Thanks for posting the revised cap number OP I was curious after the recent Maxwell signing.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At present I'd assume there are at least 3 players who are either NFI or IR still and wouldn't be counted towards the 90.

original poster

Reaction score
jammerhawk":31vro0nm said:
There are three others DT- Eddy Wilson, OG- Skyler Phillips, and DB- Chris Hawkins who I think could also be signed but there is not solid outside confirmation yet. I expect this to clarify in the next 24.

Thanks for posting the revised cap number OP I was curious after the recent Maxwell signing.

That doesn't actually include the Maxwell signing, I think his cap hit will be $2-2.5M though :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Still waiting on number assignments, although won't buy any till the regular season or just before if they have weird ones, Penny should have 20 it's available, Griffin could wear a 40 series and still be able to drop into the secondary or play the line I think with new rules.

Flowers isn't getting Kams number just yet don't think, Kam still needs injury settlement or release, if he is IR'ed then his number stays with him, although the team could assign 25 to him and piss off Sherman at the same time.

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2eh3wz6y said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/UCFSports/status/991001427198783493[/tweet]

Thanks Sheriff, as long as it wasn't 59, will still wait although his number was 18 in college, that twin thing they may do something wacky there.

His jersey is going to fly off the racks initially both as a fan and collectors item.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm so stoked about so many of the UDFAs. Skyler and Poona, namely.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’m pretty excited to see all our rookies. I’m extremely curious to see a 5’11” 310 pound DT with an 80+” wingspan. Running into him will be like the running into a wall. Poona could easily become a fan favourite.

Thanks for the info everyone will update now.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
How awesome is that!

As I say to all my gang, “Lucky Ol’ You!”.

Latest posts