2018 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

Jville

Reaction score
Ex-Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls signs with Jets >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/432085/ex-seahawks-rb-thomas-rawls-signs-with-jets/[/urltargetblank][tweet]https://twitter.com/SeaTimesSports/status/979829078751621122[/tweet]
29095247_128510601324385_2446993918236033024_n.jpg

As I embark on a new journey, I wanna thank the all amazing men and my teammates who I've shared blood, sweat, and tears with these past 3 years in Seattle. They are men of great character, accountability, passion, respect, fight, perseverance, and men of God. My time in Seattle has been so heartwarming, especially as someone who comes from the North Side of Flint, Michigan, a place where life is a daily challenge!
Thank you to Pete Carroll my first NFL HC, John Schneider, and Paul Allen for allowing me and my family to be a part of an amazing organization and community in Seattle that I will forever cherish. Century Link Field will always be a special spot! I had so much fun and we've accomplished so much: crazy endings, broken records, and finishing games when we all was in belief.
I wanna thank the fans, my 12s, you guys mean so much to me. Your love, motivation, support, and energy will be with me every step of the way. To the youth who look up to me and keep me going, I want you to know that you matter, you are enough, you are worthy, you are fighters, and from afar we will continue to grow.
I wanna thank all my coaches from offense, defense, and special teams. Thank you to all the people—janitors, nutritionists, chefs, security, front office, and many more—everyone played a huge role in my life and helped not just my career but you make me a better man. Those who know me know that I will continue to persevere and grow through any challenges that come my way. I'm accepting a new challenge in life to elevate myself as a person and teammate. Thank you, Seattle Seahawks, for an amazing Journey.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Jville.

I liked T Rawls but he was never the same after breaking his ankle. He lost something and b/c he was never truly fast and that lost partial step took away his effectiveness. Maybe in another scheme and one year further from the injury he will get his mojo back. He was a solid player when he was healthy. I wish him luck and thank him for his time here.

toffee

Reaction score
original poster":1851s2ok said:
Seahawks true available cap space accounting for all players on the roster sits at $9,214,517.

They have exactly 61 players on the roster at present, so 29 more to add to get up to 90.

Assuming Byron Maxwell will still be resigned
Adding on the bottom two players when the cap goes from 51 players to 53
Paying for the draft picks (assuming about 6 of them make the roster)

That leaves them with around $1,000,000 going into the season to sign players to replace guys going on IR.

I can say with 100% certainty based on this that more roster moves will be made.

Avril could still come off the books and Earl could be moved.

If Avril is cut/retired but Earl stays, they'd have roughly $8,125,000 in available room.

If Avril stays but Earl is moved, they'd have roughly $9,500,000 in available room.

If Avril and Earl are both not on the roster they'd have roughly $16,625,000 in available room.

Another possibility if Avril and Earl do return is a Duane Brown extension. Although if that was their way of getting enough money to cover themselves during the season, it isn't ideal. They'd have to steal from Paul to pay James on the 2018 cap figure for Brown which isn't ideal.

Unless changes to Avril and/or Earl happen don't expect a Frank Clark or Tyler Lockett extension this summer.

A huge decision Avril got to make. If he walks, that will leave truck load of money on the table. If he continues, he could be one accident away from watching truck load of money from a wheelchair.

As for Earl, he made his decision the second he ran into cowgirl's locker, I can't trust him in our locker room or mix with our young players. Praying Jerry or Cleveland will sign him. The hand that feeds mustn't be bitten more than once.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Is anyone else curious about what is happening or not happening at present?

I'm wondering if there aren't a few deals in the works where offers have been made but the player is holding out or there are potential trades in the works which are pending agreement in principle as to new contracts or the outcome of the draft or both?

chris98251

Reaction score
I think that the fact you have not seen Maxwell doing a tour is part of that wink and nod situation, he proved himself yet we have not heard of any visits.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/984098720194224129[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
Mkmldlxxyg0zkpqsmjg5

Linebacker Terence Garvin Signs With Miami Dolphins >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/linebacker-terence-garvin-signs-with-miami-dolphins[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Quinton Jefferson is now officially re-signed, he was an ERFA so there was little choice for him once he was tendered by the team.

per: rotoworld.com

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2x93yh2c said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/984527961826017280[/tweet]

I wonder how many players have made visits to the team and then been drafted or signed.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The correlation is high for those visiting and those worked out, frequently though the late picks are relatively surprising.

original poster

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1aqvm4es said:
KitsapGuy":1aqvm4es said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/984527961826017280[/tweet]

I wonder how many players have made visits to the team and then been drafted or signed.

Looking at my old charts I have them with the following visits in previous years -

2017 -

Malik McDowell
Shaq Griffin
Otha Peters (was an UDFA signing)

(I think neither of those were their number 1 targets, but it's just how the draft fell)

2016 -

Germain Ifedi
Joey Hunt
Zac Brooks
Rees Odhiambo
Christian French
George Fant

You can guarantee at least a few visits result in selections. The team typically spends a lot of their 30 visits on much later round/UDFA guys.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
original poster":1ci42xsd said:
Looking at my old charts I have them with the following visits in previous years -

2017 -

Malik McDowell
Shaq Griffin
Otha Peters (was an UDFA signing)

(I think neither of those were their number 1 targets, but it's just how the draft fell)

2016 -

Germain Ifedi
Joey Hunt
Zac Brooks
Rees Odhiambo
Christian French
George Fant

You can guarantee at least a few visits result in selections. The team typically spends a lot of their 30 visits on much later round/UDFA guys.

Wow, you have those charts... I appreciate the response.

I was curious how we might ever distinguish between FO hopes and dreams, reality, and smokescreens. I highly doubt they'd spend many of their visits on players they had no interest in picking up.

Ok, I'll let this thread get back to roster issues.