2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Great job by Pax!
I have loved the guy since he was drafted and been waiting for the things we have
been seeing from him since,the road hasn't been a nice smooth one to this point
but he has arrived and I'm happy for him and the fans of the M's as we have endured
a lot of negative stuff for years..He is our ace and may very well be one of the top 3
starting pitchers in baseball.
I was never one wanting to trade him but the idea crossed my mind when we had
a lot less than we have now but our GM got an offense with some players we never
heard of in a couple of those trades but thats the mystery of baseball (The unknowns)
We still need some starting pitching @2 spots if you think of a 4 man rotation and while
it may be a struggle to get them it is looking easier to do than it has in the last couple
of years..
I want playoffs sure but I'm greedy and want a lot more..I think this team could do it
and no I'm not crazy..We just need a couple of decent pitchers to get a shot and
anything can happen with the defense and offense we have.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
IndyHawk":mvjlk2eg said:
Great job by Pax!
I have loved the guy since he was drafted and been waiting for the things we have
been seeing from him since,the road hasn't been a nice smooth one to this point
but he has arrived and I'm happy for him and the fans of the M's as we have endured
a lot of negative stuff for years..He is our ace and may very well be one of the top 3
starting pitchers in baseball.
I was never one wanting to trade him but the idea crossed my mind when we had
a lot less than we have now but our GM got an offense with some players we never
heard of in a couple of those trades but thats the mystery of baseball (The unknowns)
We still need some starting pitching @2 spots if you think of a 4 man rotation and while
it may be a struggle to get them it is looking easier to do than it has in the last couple
of years..
I want playoffs sure but I'm greedy and want a lot more..I think this team could do it
and no I'm not crazy..We just need a couple of decent pitchers to get a shot and
anything can happen with the defense and offense we have.

Fully agree. I suspect if mariners are right in it around the trade deadline, then they will make some moves imo. I fully believe this team can make the playoffs.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
This team is just two starting caliber pitchers away from a run at the World Series. We gotta make this happen.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":klyrdxd3 said:
Nice job Nicasio... again!!!! Gee wiz
That’s on the manager. Everyone and their mother knows Nicasio sucks except for the Mariners manager and FO.
Whole bullpen was available and he goes with the guy that blows leads in a one run game.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19deaqon said:
Seahaaaawks":19deaqon said:
That’s on the manager. Everyone and their mother knows Nicasio sucks except for the Mariners manager and FO.
Whole bullpen was available and he goes with the guy that blows leads in a one run game.

Stop. The pitching sucks in general. You got pazos, diaz and paxton who are really good rn.

Its not on the manager.

Threedee

Reaction score
Did we really have to turn to our crappy bullpen in the 6th inning? It's not exactly a unit that competes well in one-run games, and the less it pitches, the better. If this was the historically great 2014 unit, then I'd be fine with it.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3eeaqgeh said:
Sports Hernia":3eeaqgeh said:
Seahaaaawks":3eeaqgeh said:

Stop. The pitching sucks in general. You got pazos, diaz and paxton who are really good rn.

Its not on the manager.
Well to be fair, Servais was a bonehead tonight. Why take LeBlanc out after 5 innings, with a pitch count at 58 (with 45 strikes) and only 1 earned run? I mean, I get the whole "3rd time through the order" thing, but that's just ridiculous. Instead of trusting in your starter who's been dealing the first half of the game, you go to your shoddy pen for the second half of the game. That had "backfire" smeared all over it. Now, they're going into tomorrow with a pen that isn't totally rested coming off an ugly loss. Servais is notorious for pulling crap like this. Just ride your dealer. It's not that hard.

Nicasio needs to get his life together. He's a relief arm who's making mid range starter money for Pete's sake. There HAS to be better options. Heck, I'd like them to call up Mills from High A Modesto. He's a stud. Who cares that he's young. If he's ready, he's ready. Diaz made a similiar jump into the bigs. Nicasio doesn't deserve to be here. Call up someone who is deserving.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
M's starters in general are designed to go through the lineup twice and then turn it over to the bull pen. We spent a lot during the offseason on the bull pen, they have been letting us down.

sutz

Reaction score
Nicasio has 12 holds, Diaz has 14(?) saves. Easy to panic in early May.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":23s38ypa said:
Shanegotyou11":23s38ypa said:
Sports Hernia":23s38ypa said:
Seahaaaawks":23s38ypa said:

Its not on the manager.
Well to be fair, Servais was a bonehead tonight. Why take LeBlanc out after 5 innings, with a pitch count at 58 (with 45 strikes) and only 1 earned run? I mean, I get the whole "3rd time through the order" thing, but that's just ridiculous. Instead of trusting in your starter who's been dealing the first half of the game, you go to your shoddy pen for the second half of the game. That had "backfire" smeared all over it. Now, they're going into tomorrow with a pen that isn't totally rested coming off an ugly loss. Servais is notorious for pulling crap like this. Just ride your dealer. It's not that hard.

Nicasio needs to get his life together. He's a relief arm who's making mid range starter money for Pete's sake. There HAS to be better options. Heck, I'd like them to call up Mills from High A Modesto. He's a stud. Who cares that he's young. If he's ready, he's ready. Diaz made a similiar jump into the bigs. Nicasio doesn't deserve to be here. Call up someone who is deserving.

Leblanc is not stretched out to go more then 5. It was stated numerous times by all the analysts on root. Or i would agree.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":21n4fzf5 said:
Thepeelsessions":21n4fzf5 said:
Shanegotyou11":21n4fzf5 said:
Sports Hernia":21n4fzf5 said:

Its not on the manager.

Leblanc is not stretched out to go more then 5. It was stated numerous times by all the analysts on root. Or i would agree.
I'm not sure what innings has to do with being on a pitch count because he's not stretched out? He threw 70 pitches in his first start against Oakland. He was only at 58 pitches in the Toronto game. With how well he was pitching I think it's fair questioning why you pull him out. He was slated to go 75 pitches in that game so you could have/should have gotten 1 maybe 2 more innings...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Juan Nicasio is horrendous. Why he is still on the roster is puzzling...dude can't seem to get anyone out. He's probably giving up another run as I post this......

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
hawkfan68":5nf1sppi said:
Juan Nicasio is horrendous. Why he is still on the roster is puzzling...dude can't seem to get anyone out. He's probably giving up another run as I post this......

Nicasio has had a few bad games. If you want to know why he is still on the roster....Casey Lawrence, Rzypzienski....hes got a ways to go before he's off the roster.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1ish7jg9 said:
Very nice offensive showing today! And another series win :irishdrinkers:

17 hits, 9 runs... They are smacking the living crap out of the ball right now!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Why no challenge from Servais on the play at the plate? He clearly looked out on the replay. Hopefully that run doesn't cost us the game.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Servais isn't managing today. He's at his daughters graduation.

So thank Manny Acta for losing us this game. POS.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crizilla":iz63rx8f said:
Servais isn't managing today. He's at his daughters graduation.

So thank Manny Acta for losing us this game. POS.

I didn't even realize that, either way pathetic.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Thanks Manny.

Mariners don't deserve anything. This team is a joke. Manager takes a few days off and the relacement manager costs us the game. Mariners baseball, ladies and gentlemen. Mariners baseball. Amazing how stupid you have to be to not challenge that. Seeing Ichiro react he knew he was out. These games come back to haunt you later in the season. Fire Manny Acta. Complete idiot.

Attachments

• out.jpg
    out.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 552