2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How great is the Marco pickup looking these days? Dude is money, and looks to be getting even better. Just seems very calm out there and not intimidated at all. This kid is all of 26 years old (edit), and he clearly is a #2 on this team. St. Louis really screwed the pooch on this one. Sure the M's gave up a prospect, but I'll take a guy who is doing what he is doing every day of the week. Prospects are just that, and Dipoto had the guts to let one go, and it's clearly paying off.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2od8huwp said:
How great is the Marco pickup looking these days? Dude is money, and looks to be getting even better. Just seems very calm out there and not intimidated at all. This kid is all of 22 years old, and he clearly is a #2 on this team. St. Louis really screwed the pooch on this one. Sure the M's gave up a prospect, but I'll take a guy who is doing what he is doing every day of the week. Prospects are just that, and Dipoto had the guts to let one go, and it's clearly paying off.
Well, Marco was recovering from Tommy John surgery, so he was a bit of a risk. He took a while to get into form last year, and this year he's been stellar. It's normal to take two year to get back from that.

Love the kid, though. Who would have thought he'd be the first to 10 wins?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Marco Gonzales is 26 actually. Still a great pickup though. It's awesome that he is under club control through the 2023 season!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They said he was 22 on 710 today. Funny :lol:
And those guys get paid to know these things. Still a young buck :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pax needs to learn to pitch inside and knock guys back off the plate. Wonderful, now Pax is hurt.
If this was the shack I’d tell the Baseball Gawds where to go and how to get there! :x

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28wsd30w said:
They said he was 22 on 710 today. Funny :lol:
And those guys get paid to know these things. Still a young buck :irishdrinkers:
I heard that too, LOL. Less fluff, more accuracy from these gomers would be nice.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1734c14q said:
Pax needs to learn to pitch inside and knock guys back off the plate. Wonderful, now Pax is hurt.
If this was the shack I’d tell the Baseball Gawds where to go and how to get there! :x

After Jim Moore, I heard Bob, Groz, and Tom jumping on the jinx bandwagon this week. Idiots! This is Seattle! You don't tempt fate!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Paxton hurt, guy just can’t stay healthy for a full season.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3awpzuwl said:
Paxton hurt, guy just can’t stay healthy for a full season.
It looked like he was favoring his back a batter or two earlier than when he was pulled. He was nibbling, not quite right from the get-go.

Good timing, though, with the All Star break next week. Maybe he won't miss too many starts.

Looks like Servais is just running through the pen to give everybody work. Might as well.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The team is definitely struggling a bit the past week or two. A lot of the worries about this team prior to the season are starting to surface, particularly the starting pitching. I'm hoping Pax and Felix will both be available right after the all star break, but who knows with those two. Both have missed a lot of games in past seasons. The A's aren't far behind, I really don't want to see them within 3 or 4 games by the all star break. I still think we are the much better team than them, but I think it is foolish of the people who think we should have been rooting for Oakland when they played Houston. We are not catching up to Houston. Just isn't happening. Much greater chance the A's surpass us than us taking the division. I still think we get the wild card but I'm starting to have my worries about how far we can go. Starting pitching is a big questionmark, and even more with the recent injuries.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Looks like Pax won't really miss anytime, is suppose to start July 24th.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":22tblb2b said:
Hopefully. Back problems can be notoriously hard to spot and treat.

:pray:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
sutz":iqhwr31s said:
Hawk-Lock":iqhwr31s said:

Yeah reminds me of hamstring injuries in football. Can linger and be unpredictable.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":xthj0455 said:
sutz":xthj0455 said:
Hawk-Lock":xthj0455 said:

Yeah reminds me of hamstring injuries in football. Can linger and be unpredictable.
High ankle sprains. I remember Anthony Simmons one year strung that one out for 4 or 5 months. :pukeface:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Are we regressing? We are 21 games over .500 but only have a run differential of +2. Pythagorean W-L says we should only be 48-47.

I think we will be fine, we just need to get healthy, and obviously doesn't help that Cruz can only pinch hit in the NL. My main worry is the starting pitching. The innings are piling up.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Making a no-name ham and egger look like CY YOUNG!
This team looks dog tired right now!