2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

DJrmb

Reaction score
He started off so well too and then completely off the rails... SMH

Hopefully Erasmo can come in here and be at least slightly below average rather than the worst in baseball.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Mariners won't be making the playoffs if they continue playing Felix.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":5t53sski said:
Hawk-Lock":5t53sski said:
I think this is the last game we see Felix start this season, and could possibly be his last game with the Mariners. I don't see how they can continue to put him out there with how he has looked. He is arguably the worst starting pitcher in baseball. You know what is worst than paying a really bad baseball player? Paying him and playing him.
He's an a**hole. He knew what he had to do tonight due to the foolishness of Servais last night, and he's not getting it done, per usual. I'm sick of it. If this isn't his last game as a Mariner, then this regime is absolutely not committed to putting a winning product on the field.

This. Dipoto and Servais are out of defenses and excuses. “DL” or release him or give him the option to retire but get his ass off the 25 man roster. He’s been done for almost 3 years but this bs nostalgia/tribute to former all stars must end. Replace his lazy fat ass with Erasmo or Elias and be done with it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's sad but Felix is done and should retire..It happens to the best
when you try to hang around and there is nothing left..

bigtrain21

Reaction score
So Kyle Seager just fielded a ground ball and stepped on 3rd to end the inning. Just one problem. There was no runner on first so it wasn't a force play on 3rd. Next hitter got a hit to score the run.

2 errors yesterday
1 error today (not counting the play I just described because that is a fielders choice and not an error)

Servais will not discipline anyone for mental or physical errors. That will be his failing as a manager.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We might have gotten worst from the trades. Warren and Duke have been awful since joining the team and the addition of Maybin basically made us send Gamel to the minors.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The players have mailed it in, why shouldn’t us fans?
I’m becoming indifferent towards this year’s team.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2fe186ig said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/IanFurnessSea/status/1027298470527291397[/tweet]
I dont care for Ian and the rest of the talking heads on sportsradio in town....

But.....he is 100% spot on. That’s a 9 year old little league brainfart there.

sutz

Reaction score
Lost consecutive series to two of the worst teams in the league.

Be a miracle if we get one from the 'Stros. :34853_doh:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":29aeh1bq said:
Lost consecutive series to two of the worst teams in the league.

Be a miracle if we get one from the 'Stros. :34853_doh:
Sad but very true. :(

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Once the Houston series wrapped up last week I said we had to go at least 5-2 against Toronto and Texas, we went 2-5. This team just got embarrassed by a couple teams bottom feeder teams. Didn't Oakland just sweep both those teams in the past few weeks? Just shows you where we are and where Oakland is. By next week the race could be over, and I'd be shocked if it wasn't over by the end of August. Have you guys peaked at the schedule, it's basically all playoff teams from now until the end of the month.

This past week was your typical Mariners. I will say it again, we are the Cleveland Browns of baseball. Just pathetic.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3m660gu8 said:
We might have gotten worst from the trades. Warren and Duke have been awful since joining the team and the addition of Maybin basically made us send Gamel to the minors.

The Maybin trade/Gamel option is the most confusing move.

We are in desperate need of offense, so they trade for an ok hitter, and send a better hitter down while keeping the trash hitter on the roster because...defense?

sutz

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":235g6e6v said:
Hawk-Lock":235g6e6v said:

The Maybin trade/Gamel option is the most confusing move.

We are in desperate need of offense, so they trade for an ok hitter, and send a better hitter down while keeping the trash hitter on the roster because...defense?
Has Duke even recorded an out yet? I don't remember one. :34853_doh:

Crizilla

Reaction score
"According to STATS, Inc., the Mariners are the first team in the live-ball era (since 1920) to have its first four batters of a game hit for the cycle in reverse order."