2019 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Everyone is reporting that Earl will sign with the Ravens for 4 yrs./$55 million $32 million guaranteed.

I wish him luck, but am glad he'll be playing in the AFC.

ttown0026

Reaction score
It's hard to sit through, but the Hawks being quiet through the first wave of free agency has been a good move over the past 5 or so years. We grab guys out of the bargain bin each year, ie Coleman, Bennett, Bradley, Fluker, etc.

The other component that most do not take into consideration is the comp picks. Getting a third round pick for Earl leaving is a pretty big deal...

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Congrats on your first post, keep it up. Welcome to .net.

Absolutely is my response to your post, however the Cowboys did offer the team a 2nd rd. pick in this draft for Thomas which would have been nice to have. Keeping the comp picks for this years loss of talent is essential and something we will need to watch. However with just 4 draft picks and only 62 players signed or offered to date the team is going to have to be careful in the FA market not to lose the compensatory picks they should get in next year's draft.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":8u3bvgxs said:
I figure they will try to bring Madden back but at a much lower salary.

That is certainly a pattern if they think the player is worth keeping to compete for a position.

The roster should be up to date, to my state of information.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bob Condotta through mike Garofolo reports the team has reached an agreement to sign OG- Mike Iupati and are still talking with DJ Fluker.

More
Bob Condotta Retweeted Mike Garafolo
This might be ominous for bringing back DJ Fluker. Seattle instead signs Iupati, who played at Idaho.Bob Condotta added,
Mike Garafolo
Verified account

@MikeGarafolo
#Seahawks are signing G Mike Iupati, source says. One-year deal for the former #Cardinals and #49ers lineman. He's 75% of the way through the NFC West.

No terms are known yet.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks will be re-signing OG- DJ Fluker, 2 years/terms unknown.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Kitsap, if Iupati can play the whole year I think the team got better at LG, for less $.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I find it interesting with some of the recent contracts that there are now clauses in them for games played and playing time for a projected starter. Maybe we have learned something and are putting it on the players to do their best to stay healthy.

Jville

Reaction score
Maybe they are more carefully making adjustments to risk sharing and are tailoring it for each individual situation and contract.

I wonder if the appearance of a change in philosophy toward more individual responsibility for conditioning and health might trace it's way back to the sudden firing of the complete strength and conditioning staff.

OTC number for cap room has shrunk down to $16,798,857 as of today.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This could spell a few cap cuts or even a trade of a big contract.

Jville

Reaction score
So today we finally get to see the full 2 year disclosure ........................................... [tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1108823053377519616[/tweet][urltargetblank]https://overthecap.com/player/k-j-wright/1552/[/urltargetblank]

Seahawks Cap Space is now down to $11,171,439 according to OTC [urltargetblank]https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/seattle-seahawks/[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This reported salary cap number indicates to me that some further cuts or a trade of big contract should be expected. The team will need some $7 million or thereabouts to sign rookies, PS moves, and for in season injury replacements this leaves them with about $4.1 million to add 25 or so players. The cap crisis continues. At present the team has the 9th least available cap.

Is it possible that Britt could be traded? Is it possible that Mingo will be released? The team will very likely release Kam with a post June 1 designation.