2019 WRs

blkhwk

Reaction score
mikeak":24zfxz9m said:
scutterhawk":24zfxz9m said:
Uncle Si":24zfxz9m said:
I also think they need to find a red zone or possession receiver. The team needs more playmakers in the passing game, regardless of where the emphasis in gameplanning lies
^^ THIS ^^ I'm going to sound like a broken record here...The Run sets up the Pass...The Pass sets up the Run, & even though we have Lockett, & an 85% healthy Doug Baldwin, Wilson still needs other reliable targets to keep Defenses honest, or you wind up with an "ALMOST" good enough Running/Passing Attack.
Even the Cowboys were smart enough to go & get Amari Cooper to provide Dak with a # 1 Receiver ,and it PAID OFF big time.

We had enough but didn't use them. So why add more pieces to be ignored?

We need to draft corners, pass rushers and o-line (fluker and sweezy are one year rentals)

You better make that a singular in what is needed in the draft. With only four picks might get a corner, or a pass rusher or an o-line man.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am confused. Don't you know that we have a first round pick?

That is equal to at least eight picks in the 7th round.....

Jville

Reaction score
The competition between David Moore and Amara Darboh should prove fun to monitor.

The future of 2019 looks bright. :2thumbs:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jville":14sm4vu7 said:
The competition between David Moore and Amara Darboh should prove fun to monitor.

Amara Darboh, and David Moore are not who you want to be relying on in the passing game.

Jville

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":eklx603l said:
Jville":eklx603l said:

Amara Darboh, and David Moore are not who you want to be relying on in the passing game.

Oh, I don't know about that. It's another off season presenting another opportunity to work at fitting into this growing Seahawk offense.

If I heard Russell clearly, he has already extended an invitation to get together and work the off season.

2_0_6

Reaction score
It will be difficult to get any Free agent WR's here who aren't fringe roster players unless we severely overpay.

Fade

Reaction score
Adding to the group they have to be shrewd.

Take a guy they like every year in the middle & latter rounds in the draft, and aggressively pursue UDFA's. which have scored them players like ADB, Kearse, and Ricardo Lockette.

I would like to see 1st and 2nd rounders reserved for the O-Line & the Entire Defense with emphasis on the D-Line in this particular draft.

The only way in my mind they could justify taking a guy in the 1st or 2nd round at WR is if he was going to be a returner, jet sweep, Run after catch type of player that can touch the ball 100 times a year, via receiving, running, & returning. As they simply don't throw the ball enough to make such a large investment in a traditional receiver.

They got much bigger fish to fry anyway in this upcoming draft though as much as I would like to upgrade the receiver group with a high pick.

They need a playmaker in the secondary maybe two, a guy who can come off the edge opposite of Frank Clark, and a young OG or two. To be long term solutions at the position, as I won't have a problem if they bring back both Sweezy & Fluker, but they are short term answers most likely.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Fade":1axiiv66 said:
Adding to the group they have to be shrewd.

Take a guy they like every year in the middle & latter rounds in the draft, and aggressively pursue UDFA's. which have scored them players like ADB, Kearse, and Ricardo Lockette.

I would like to see 1st and 2nd rounders reserved for the O-Line & the Entire Defense with emphasis on the D-Line in this particular draft.

The only way in my mind they could justify taking a guy in the 1st or 2nd round at WR is if he was going to be a returner, jet sweep, Run after catch type of player that can touch the ball 100 times a year, via receiving, running, & returning. As they simply don't throw the ball enough to make such a large investment in a traditional receiver.

They got much bigger fish to fry anyway in this upcoming draft though as much as I would like to upgrade the receiver group with a high pick.

They need a playmaker in the secondary maybe two, a guy who can come off the edge opposite of Frank Clark, and a young OG or two. To be long term solutions at the position, as I won't have a problem if they bring back both Sweezy & Fluker, but they are short term answers most likely.
I would like the Seahawks to inquire about bring back Golden Tate. While he is a smaller receiver, he still has the ability to box people out, and high point. Given his down year, I think he could come at a bargain if we decide to go after his services. Another good thing about Tate is his blocking ability on the perimeter. I've never seen a wide receiver since Heinz Ward deliver such hate when blocking.

All of this is a moot point though if the rumors are correct.

mrt144

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2wlmj0we said:
John63":2wlmj0we said:
Spin Doctor":2wlmj0we said:
Hawkstorian":2wlmj0we said:
Lockett may be the only one back.

Baldwin is $10M in cap savings. The rest were completely expendable.

Even if they bring back ADB (which I I don't think he comes back at that cap number) , we need 2-3 guys who can play.
Baldwin is a bargain if you look at what he's done the last few years. He was banged up this season, and it showed. I don't think we have the luxury of getting rid of him. If we cut him we're left with Moore, and Lockett, that would be a pretty bad WR corps. Moore is a guy that would be 4th string on most teams, a specialty player that is good at one type of play. Our offense would be severely hampered with just Lockett as our only viable option.

We are a run first team, They will not invest in WR to catch, only ones that block well, and can catch on occasion. Same with oline we invest in run blockers not pass blockers or people who can do both. Harvin was best known for jet sweeps, not catching, Graham while an Attempt, they misused him and tried to turn him into a blocker. If you are going to try to get people to help the passing game you need to also use them that way, if not you are not helping the passing game.
You do realize that having threats at the WR position opens up the running game, right?

So we'll finally find a receiving threat that can routinely run and catch balls over the middle drawing LB attention and be the primary read for RW within 7 yards of the line?

Hell, we could have the exact right player for that and they still wouldn't do it.

Fade

Reaction score
@ Spin

I was in the keep Tate camp, and would like to have him back.

It's just not going to happen.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Baldwin and Lockett are gonna be the only real receivers worth a damn to remain on the roster come 2019. Would love to just get that legitimate #1 Receiver in. Now we all love Lockett and Baldwin, but I think they'd flourish more as those weapons the defense forgets about because they're worried about *Insert Name Here*.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/1082351486175039490[/tweet]

................................... I'll go ahead and say it ............... Tyler Lockett is amazing.

mrt144

Reaction score
Jville":3fce0vkj said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/1082351486175039490[/tweet]

We inked that contract perfectly!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We are not bringing back Golden Tate. Him and Russ are not friends, and he’s made some side comments since. Plus, we don’t need ANOTHER small receiver

The drop off with no Lockett or Baldwin is ridiculously. We need to invest a 2nd or 3rd on a receiver, or sign/trade for a free agent. Invest in the offense for once and stop expecting Russ to work with developmental, albeit promising talent. Very few franchise QBs are asked to do what Russ does, and it’s primarily because of Pete’s defensive mindset

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team has far more WRs under contract for next season or ERFAs than just Lockett and Baldwin. Frankly Baldwin was a better WR than many allow after a season of being on the injury report every game.

At present the team has 8 WRs they have under their control or able to sign as Moore is a ERFA. The WRs under team control at present are Baldwin, Lockett, Brown, Moore (E), Turner, Reynolds, Scott, and Darboh. Several of the second tier group were impressive at times and may only get better with more experience. I could see the team drafting or picking upa guy late with some special characteristic, size or blinding speed.

Rat

Reaction score
Larry Fitz and Golden Tate are UFAs. I just assume we'll sign one of them.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Fade":38q3aq3c said:
I would like to see 1st and 2nd rounders reserved for the O-Line & the Entire Defense

We already did the "high picks for OL" thing, more than almost any other team, during most of Carroll's tenure. It was not at all an automatic sure thing.

And before you trot out "but Cable", Cable was the one who drafted Okung, Sweezy, and Britt as well as the later failures. It's much likelier that it's just becoming harder to draft good OL in the high rounds because all the good players at those positions are going DL in college.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
So just draft one of those D-line guys and switch him back to O-line... Brilliant.

Oh.

Latest posts