2020 Seahawks Depth Chart and roster moves

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Seahawkfan80!

I'm just the scribe here, it's a team effort and everyone here with roster info should feel free to post here.

The teamwork of those members who contribute makes this thread frequently visited.

It's an enjoyable exercise. Sometimes time consuming when there are major roster changes.

Thankfully I'm up to date now.

GO Hawks!!!

GLio14

Reaction score
I'm very surprised that they didn't bring back Chris Miller to the PS immediately. I thought he was a guy with a ton of potential.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The first 53 man roster as finally completed is now on paper, as is the first 16 man PS.

For me I doubt greatly the team will actually start the season with the same 53 as they finalized today.
I expect them to trade one of their WRs, possibly one of their TEs, and add DLine size and depth.

I think we won't see a final version of the team until week 8 or so.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
From Bob Condotta:

This should be announced shortly along with the corresponding move.
Quote Tweet

Brady Henderson
@BradyHenderson
· 1h
The Seahawks are promoting WR Penny Hart from their practice squad to their 53-man roster, I'm told.

I'd expect the reason for this is one of Ursua or or Dorsett is likely headed to IR. Hart is a good returner.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bob Condotta is reporting the team has re-signed WR- John Ursua back to the PS. He will in due course be elevated to the 53 after his leg injury heals.enough for him to return kicks.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You read it correctly.

Any player who has been put on IR can return after 3 games. There is no limit on how many /season either.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Catching up and now updated. These moves were made before the Atlanta game to ensure the OLine numbers were secure.

OG - Phil Haynes has been put on IR, and PS squad OT - Chad Wheeeler has been signed to the 53 man active roster.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Haynes went on IR when Nick Bellore was re-signed. Chad Wheeler was a 1 game callup from the PS from the new rules. He went back to the PS on Momday so the roster sits at 53 until it doesn't.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks John !

You are as usual right. I got that wrong as Wheeler was a new rules PS call up who has been re-assigned back to the PS after his 1 game call up. This rules change is going to be a tad confusing until the team clarifies whether the player is being activated to the 53 from the PS temporally

Re-updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!!!

Interesting, thought they’d add a DT via the PS loophole and have a temporary 54 man roster.

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I have for the moment returned DT- Anthony Rush to the PS just following the team roster.

Seahawks.com transactions :
09/21 DT Anthony Rush reverted from active roster to practice squad.

However, with the two season ending injuries to Irvin and Blair he could be promoted to the 53 again or other changes made. The team will likely need to make a roster acquisition or two with the two guys officially going on IR. Pass rush depth is very skinny.

JS will have to be busy this week.

Given the official team announcements of season ending ACL injuries to Blair and Irvin I am moving them to IR.

Latest posts