2022 NFL award predictions: MVP, OROY, DROY...

ivotuk

Reaction score
DROY #2 Tariq Woolen

OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR Rank 1 Kenneth Walker III Seattle Seahawks · RB

COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR Rank 1 Geno Smith Seattle Seahawks · QB

COACH OF THE YEAR Tied at 3rd Pete Carroll

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
All of our guys have the possibility of getting rewards. I'd say the biggest contentions are going to be at DROY and OROY. There are several rookie RB's playing really good football right now, Sauce Gardner along with a few rookie CB's are also playing at an extremely high level. Sauce Gardner also has the NY and name recognition buff.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Don't read Bill Barnwell's midseason awards. I think his highest rank is Woolen behind Gardner for DROY.
K9 and Carroll didn't make his list. He mentions Geno as being not a traditional "comeback player" since he didn't have an injury. One would think coming back from being benched for 10 years would be a whole lot more difficult than coming back from an injury. How many benchwarmers become stars after 10 years?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Don't read Bill Barnwell's midseason awards. I think his highest rank is Woolen behind Gardner for DROY.
K9 and Carroll didn't make his list. He mentions Geno as being not a traditional "comeback player" since he didn't have an injury. One would think coming back from being benched for 10 years would be a whole lot more difficult than coming back from an injury. How many benchwarmers become stars after 10 years?
I can get that sentiment though. He didn't really come back from anything, it's more like he leaped into relevancy. I can definitely see there being a case for not including Smith in the comeback player award. The criteria for the award is very loose, which could work for or against Geno.

Lennie

Reaction score
Sauce Gardner seems to be getting most of the buzz, but Woolen seems to be playing just as well. Plus he’s a fifth round friggin draft pick!!

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Pete will win coach of the year assuming we win the division (and Philly lose a game somewhere along the line!)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I can get that sentiment though. He didn't really come back from anything, it's more like he leaped into relevancy. I can definitely see there being a case for not including Smith in the comeback player award. The criteria for the award is very loose, which could work for or against Geno.
He DID "Come Back" from his Projected #33 Quarterback in the damned League.
Whole lot of IDIOTS made that prediction.
A "Surprise" is a fart with lumps, am I right?
The "Cooking" that Geno has produced, has left a lot of "So Called Experts" (and a few here on .NET) with Egg on their faces, and I LOVE IT!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sauce Gardner seems to be getting most of the buzz, but Woolen seems to be playing just as well. Plus he’s a fifth round friggin draft pick!!
^^This^^ Sauce was EXPECTED to produce at a DROY level, and then a 5th round also ran, Tarique Wollen comes out of NOWHERE, and IS DOING WHAT THE HELL?????