2024 SEAHAWKS Depth Chart and Roster Moves

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder to not get too excited about $41.6M in cap space. After EFRA tenders that number will come down by at least $5M depending on which RFAs they choose to tender.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team at least is positioned to keep DT- Williams if they choose.

All in all there haven’t been many surprises with the cuts made so far.

Last edited:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
The team at least is positioned to keep DT- Williams if they choose.

All in all there haven’t been many surprises with the cuts made so far.
The only thing that has surprised me (pleasantly) is them taking their medicine this year and not kicking the dead cap to next year with post-June 1st releases. This is reassuring that they have a solid multi-year plan in place and not the typical short sighted year to year sellout we have seen for the last 3 or 4 years.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Better to take the poison now with Adams so the discussion ends over this trade which was a big mistake. Get rid of Pete's mistakes. Clean yourself up.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Leonard Williams is not kept. He is a very good player at his position however.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score

NFLPA released 'adjusted cap' figures, which has the Seahawks starting 2024 with about $6.1M over the league-wide cap figure of $255.4M. I'm a little confused what that figure actually involves as there are two main components that adjust current cap space.

The first is carryover of unused space, which has already been factored in at about $5.7M.

The second is various adjustments that can happen, such as bonuses that were previously considered non-likely to be earned, but were earned, or vice-versa. OTC entered an adjustment for that which had our cap going down by $487K.

The NFLPA figure has our cap going up by more than the OTC figures indicated, so I think that's good news that our available cap may be higher than projected, but I'm going to wait until the league year starts before I make any definitive statements as cap space is very fluid this time of year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks redo the contract D'Wayne Eskridge. one year, $1.055 million salary this saves the team about $900K in cap space.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Seahawks redo the contract D'Wayne Eskridge. one year, $1.055 million salary this saves the team about $900K in cap space...
... this year. And saves more next year, which would have been year-four of his rookie contract as a 2nd rounder.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I would imagine he was told redo your deal or walk. He will likely get cut before the season starts as he is unable to stay healthy.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
i read that he kept his original signing bonus as prorated so that's likely the difference.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lockett restructures his contract as reported to 2 years $30 million/$13million guaranteed, contract to have a max value of $34 million. This appears to be a team friendly deal that keeps him as Seahawks player and reportedly reduces his cap hit from the $27 million reported to be his cap number for 2024.

The team is engaged in creative cap massaging. Like this as Lockett is a very dependable WR. Also it is possible the cap number could be less If a void year is attached to the deal. Not sure of the actual cap savings yet.

I am very curious as to the structure of this contract.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Next up appears to be Nick Bellore.

Suspect he will be released tomorrow or take a big salary cut.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks re-sign DT- Leonard Williams. He has agreed has agreed to a 3-year contract worth up to $64.5 million.

So begins FA for the Seahawks.

Updated.