23.8% chance of winning against the Chargers?

toffee

Reaction score
ESPN predictor gave us less than 24% of winning, that is close to zero chances.
Screenshot 2022 10 17 09 35 05 07 7a2f43106dc810a89fade2c124a08cfb

But overall the two teams are more even stats wise, identical points allowed per game and almost identical points scored.
Screenshot 2022 10 17 09 35 40 23 7a2f43106dc810a89fade2c124a08cfb

AgentDib

Reaction score
The moneyline is +260 which translates to 27.78% odds. A bit better but not much.

It's probably fair. Our defense hasn't shown up on the road yet this season and opponents are averaging a whopping 37 points per game. Third parties will be skeptical until the defense shows that it can do something without a home crowd.

We do get the Chargers on a short week and we haven't seen what kind of injuries they sustain in their game tonight. Ekeler is a little bit like their version of Rashaad Penny - outstanding RB when healthy but a really long history of injuries.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
The moneyline is +260 which translates to 27.78% odds. A bit better but not much.

It's probably fair. Our defense hasn't shown up on the road yet this season and opponents are averaging a whopping 37 points per game. Third parties will be skeptical until the defense shows that it can do something without a home crowd.

We do get the Chargers on a short week and we haven't seen what kind of injuries they sustain in their game tonight. Ekeler is a little bit like their version of Rashaad Penny - outstanding RB when healthy but a really long history of injuries.
Yep...based on the data, I don't think the objective odds are off base. Subjectively, I think we have a better shot at winning the game than 25-30%.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Have to agree, especially if the Donks drop another one. 🙏 This could be the perfect set up for a let-down game for the Chargers.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
538 has the seahawks at 30% which to be honest I think is about right, while 24% is a bit low it is near enough 1 in 4 it is not close to zero (0.2% for the tie is the close ot zero chance), this week the jets, steelers and Falcons all won with similar win probabilities. We can beat the Chargers next week but I'm afraid it is more likely we lose.

Since they change the OT rules 0.4% of games have finished in a tie not sure why they think us tieing the chargers is so much less likely that average.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Well, it won’t be 97 degrees so I’d say Chargers coming off a Monday night game that they must win, gives us a chance to steal one. Seahawks are better than people want to acknowledge. Not having a decent backup running back might be an issue, but I think Seahawks will step up.

flv2

Reaction score

Take out the vig and it's down to about 26.8%.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
After six games, Hawks and Bolts scored almost the same points per game, and allowed identical points per game. I am not buying this 24% 76% prediction. I think it will be a 50/50 chance, the team execute better wins a tight game.

I love our chances, go Hawks.1666046841200

Scout

Reaction score
Chargers year in and year out have a lot of talented squads. What they lack is a creative offense to take advantage of the talent they have. Defensively they could be better with the talent that they field but I think they are trying to figure some things out in the front seven. Their defensive back end on paper is very talented though.

Scout

Reaction score
Hawks can exploit the miscommunication on the Chargers defensive backend. Chargers front seven though is legit. On offense, the Chargers are very predictable downhill at the moment due to injuries so the Hawks D have to play disciplined gap control and tackle.